• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman's a trophy in Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS...Wait, WHAT?!

big_z

[QUOTE="D";120934531]I'm thinking that IF he's in and DOES have an Amiibo, they'll be "floating" via the transparent plastic parts that are keeping Peach up on her figurine.

Although even THEN it would look off.

But we ARE talking about Nintendo, who always strives to push innovation...

Rayman Amiibo parts held afloat via G-Diffuser tech confirmed.
[/QUOTE]

tBhH8DQ.jpg

munchie64

lol at anyone thinking this is more than just a trophy.

That said, think of how many awesome 3rd party trophies there could be. I'm holding out for Bayonetta.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Put Chester Cheetah and Joey from Friends in, while you're at it.

Sendou

Figures the one trophy model Ubisoft contributed is the lowest effort. Still kind of cool I guess. I wouldn't want to see Rayman fighting but I can get behind this one trophy dedicated for him.

Alfredo

Oh my gosh...it all makes sense now.

I always wondered why Ubisoft made Assassin's Creed 3's inventory system awful on non Wii U systems. In old Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood, you had a weapon wheel, which you could quickly switch between weapons without breaking up the action. But in AC3, they made it so you had to load an entirely different screen to change your equipment, and it took forever to do and it sucked.

However, apparently in the Wii U version, you could just use the GamePad to switch weapons on the fly. I had this weird theory that Ubisoft made up this convoluted system just so they could have an exclusive selling point on the Wii U...but now I know the truth.

They purposefully ruined Assassin's Creed 3 on non-Wii U systems...to get Ratonhnhaké:ton as a playable character in Smash Bros. 4... oh and Rayman as a trophy. Brilliant.

I would prefer a truckload of Nintendo characters/things/places make it in as trophies over random 3rd party characters, but they didn't spend any time making it so I guess it doesn't really matter.

That's kinda an eyebrow raiser, I mean why go through the effort of getting another company's permission to include a trophy unless you were going to do more with the permission? I mean by his own admission Ubisoft was quite eager to share info.

why not include Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter if we include every shitty 3rd party mascot.

jeez Sakurai, when it comes to third party you have the worst taste.

Sponge

Banned
why not include Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter if we include every shitty 3rd party mascot.

One of those you mentioned is third party. I can't complain about the third parties we've gotten, either.

Piccoro

I like this. The more 3rd party characters, the better.
And Namco and Ubisoft are one of the few 3rd parties that still support Nintendo consoles, so Sakurai is showing them some appreciation by adding their characters.

I wonder if the new character shown today will be third-party also. Smash will go PSASBR style if yes...

Eolz

It would've been a character if their relation didn't deteriorate this much.
Nintendo didn't help, but what happened with Rayman Legends and the game Guillemot is sitting on killed Rayman's chances.

big_z

what would you expect from them?

they have been slowly backing off on WiiU they can't really promote Smash4 without looking foolish if they don't have something to sell of their own

Nintendo should make a deal with ubisoft to fund Beyond Good & Evil 2 for the wii u. The game will never come out otherwise.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Rayman and Crash are the complete opposite of shitty. They're about as good as it gets. I don't even like Smash but if either of those characters were to be playable I'd actually want the game.

Rayman and Crash are the complete opposite of shitty. They're about as good as it gets. I don't even like Smash but if either of those characters were to be playable I'd actually want the game.
I'd prefer Crash to Snake. I'd honestly prefer none of them, including Rayman. I can't possibly think of any more appropriate 3rd party characters then they have right now.

Rocked

Rayman is a fucking twat. Look at him.. that gigantic nose and lack of limbs. How anyone can like that character and his games full of equally disgusting characters is beyond me. Really hope he is just a trophy and they haven't included him as a character in place of someone better.

Yes, even Crash Bandicoot had more charm and character! Crash, Sonic and Mario fighting would actually be pretty cool and unthinkable in the mid to late 90s.

HUELEN10

Rayman is a fucking twat. Look at him.. that gigantic nose and lack of limbs. How anyone can like that character and his games full of equally disgusting characters is beyond me. Really hope he is just a trophy and they haven't included him as a character in place of someone better.

Yes, even Crash Bandicoot had more charm and character! Crash, Sonic and Mario fighting would actually be pretty cool and unthinkable in the mid to late 90s.
Damn dude, why are you so full of hate? Ray has plenty of character!

Nintendo should make a deal with ubisoft to fund Beyond Good & Evil 2 for the wii u. The game will never come out otherwise.

ubisoft is too big the director may want this game but the CEO does not and Nintendo cannot pull one of Ubisoft's top talents off projects to do a game fans want

ubisoft has become too big that is why the Rayman fuck up happened, they went for the money and now this Smash trophy kinda shits on their IP because it is not playable it look silly when Rayman cannot stand on the same stage as Sonic Megaman Pac-Man
I bet they really wanted Rayman up there with those icons but nope, Trophy

business is good but Smash is about fans

Dr. Buni

Just ignore him. He absolutely hates the idea of third party characters in Smash.
I am not a big fan of the idea either, but having Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man and maybe Rayman in one game is amazing.
How anyone can like that character and his games
I understand people not liking Rayman's design, but his games are pretty good and charming, specially Origins and Legends.

Top Bottom