• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

thatbox

Banned
3192684277_111f090b77_o.png

Sidzed2

This is not a beautiful piece of art, I know, but I think it serves a crude testament to one of the greatest, most powerful moments in all of gaming:

sotc.jpg

-Winnie-

Darkpen said:
raiden.png

It was either going to be this scene, or the one with Snake in the microwave, but I ended up doing this instead :p

I kinda pooped it out, too. I originally had a different image in mind, conveying the part where the audio flashback and music is playing, but kinda hard to convey that without it being in motion, and without the music and words D:

I cried like 5 times during the second half of the game, and this was one of them D:

Yep, it got me too. T-T

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Sidzed2 said:
This is not a beautiful piece of art, I know, but I think it serves a crude testament to one of the greatest, most powerful moments in all of gaming:

sotc.jpg
looks great, quit whining
;)

That ICO one too. Gawd guys... I need to fix my pc. :( I just got my tablet and my pc is pms'ing all over the place.

Sidzed2

-Winnie- said:
Yep, it got me too. T-T

"Jack, do you remember that day we argued like idiots about cheesy old monster movies which Hideo Kojima seems to have a fetish for?"

"Yeah Rose, I remember - we watched King Kong a bunch of times at your apartment that night...which isn't a euphemism for 'we f**ked a lot'. We actually watched King Kong nine times. It was so boring..."

In all seriousness...yeah, that moment got me too...*sniffle*.

icoart18.jpg

Can't take credit for this picture. I found it on some obscure JP website around the release of SOTC. I going to try to sketch up something Shenmue, so stay tuned :D

I'd keep working, but that SOTC pic drained me. The Shenmue one i'm attempting to do is pretty damn hard. I'm hoping it will work in context

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
iDoubleSpy said:
I'd keep working, but that SOTC pic drained me. The Shenmue one i'm attempting to do is pretty damn hard. I'm hoping it will work in context
the SotC-pic above is mesmerizing, well done.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well I guess this round of MSPaint pictures is drawing to a close, so I think I'm going to make this my last one here. Feel free to contribute some more though, everyone!

This game of course has had many jaw-dropping, soul-shaking moments of brilliance, but this has to be one of my absolute favourites in the game (probably tied with the whole encounter against "It");

alone.gif

I cheated a bit - some of the colouring was redone and sections moved about in Paint Shop Pro. Please don't hate me!

I think this will be the last MSPaint picture I do while using the default colours too, I'm getting a bit bored of them now.

Everyone has been doing a fantastic job! Isn't it nice to illustrate the points in gaming that we loved and enjoyed, and most of us being able to agree on those gaming moments being awesome? It's been good to remember why we find gaming so great.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
SovanJedi said:
Well I guess this round of MSPaint pictures is drawing to a close, so I think I'm going to make this my last one here. Feel free to contribute some more though, everyone!

This game of course has had many jaw-dropping, soul-shaking moments of brilliance, but this has to be one of my absolute favourites in the game (probably tied with the whole encounter against "It");

http://www.jontendo.co.uk/gfx/alone.gif

I cheated a bit - some of the colouring was redone and sections moved about in Paint Shop Pro. Please don't hate me!

I think this will be the last MSPaint picture I do while using the default colours too, I'm getting a bit bored of them now.

Everyone has been doing a fantastic job! Isn't it nice to illustrate the points in gaming that we loved and enjoyed, and most of us being able to agree on those gaming moments being awesome? It's been good to remember why we find gaming so great.
What game is this? Alien versus Hindu?

"alone.gif" makes me think AITD, but I don't remember that dude being in there.

Great pic in any case.

wmat said:
What game is this? Alien versus Hindu?

"alone.gif" makes me think AITD, but I don't remember that dude being in there.

Great pic in any case.

Resident Evil 4 - Leon vs. Verdugo AKA 'The Right Hand'

Not that the picture he's drawing ever actually happened, because
Leon was not wearing his jacket at the time

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Pureauthor said:

Thanks, I'd never have figured it out.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Pureauthor said:

Apologies for my less than stellar recollection skills.

Hey, how come you never contribute anything to this thread? Surely you've had plenty of gaming moments that were memorable to you.

SovanJedi said:
Apologies for my less than stellar recollection skills.

Hey, how come you never contribute anything to this thread? Surely you've had plenty of gaming moments that were memorable to you.

I've been working on it ever since the first Paint thread. And every year when I see you make the newest iteration I go 'No, NO! It's too soon. I'll never finish in time!'. And then I go, 'Oh well, there's always next year. Just gotta keep plugging away at it.'

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Pureauthor said:
I've been working on it ever since the first Paint thread. And every year when I see you make the newest iteration I go 'No, NO! It's too soon. I'll never finish in time!'. And then I go, 'Oh well, there's always next year. Just gotta keep plugging away at it.'

Ahar! Now is the time to correct YOU, for this is the first time I started the "Recreate Gaming Moments in MSPaint" thread - dunno where the last chap is, and the guy who started the very first thread is, erm... permabanned I think. Oops.

Keep at it though. I want to see it even if it takes another three threads like this to work it out of you. :lol

cRIPticon

HaL64 said:

OOOHhhhhhh....what is amazing is that game STILL has a TON of tension when playing. The graphics are, today, functional but the sound is what made that game. The silence is the loudest effect :) Thanks for bringing back some great memories of OotW!

SovanJedi said:
Ahar! Now is the time to correct YOU, for this is the first time I started the "Recreate Gaming Moments in MSPaint" thread - dunno where the last chap is, and the guy who started the very first thread is, erm... permabanned I think. Oops.

Keep at it though. I want to see it even if it takes another three threads like this to work it out of you. :lol

Heh. But honestly, I'm a lot more comfortable when working with words.

Cdammen

Ixzion said:
These are awesome and have a great chunky style to them. I especially like the Contra one :D

The ones you did are a lot better than the "drawn on top of screenshot/artwork" MS Paints some people posted.

CTLance

It's just not fair, you guys are too good. ;(
Psychotext said:
I really enjoyed that game... it was surreal. :D
...and it nearly made me kill my DS's touchscreen. Still, it's so good, I wouldn't want to miss a single second.

OK, maybe the girl-riding-on-flying-robo-ox "endboss" in the second part, but still. Such an awesome game series.

lexi

Banned
Plenty of Another World / Out of this World love here. That game is the definition of cult classic.

rldvcx.png

It's weird, for most games all the memorable scenes happen near the end, but this game's best scenes all happen near the start. The only other game I remember doing that is the God of War series.

I always really loved the ending scene (as you could probably guess).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lockii said:
Plenty of Another World / Out of this World love here. That game is the definition of cult classic.

mh3yab.png
WOW!!!

OnPoint

CTLance said:
It's just not fair, you guys are too good. ;(

...and it nearly made me kill my DS's touchscreen. Still, it's so good, I wouldn't want to miss a single second.

OK, maybe the girl-riding-on-flying-robo-ox "endboss" in the second part, but still. Such an awesome game series.

The one that got me (in terms of frustration, not screen ruining) was the shark jumping one on the unicycle. Ugh. Still, I was surprised no one had covered this game yet, at least in this year's thread. I don't recall ever having seen it before. Maybe I'll do a yearly one... it was an easy one to make haha

OnPoint

Alright, alright, I lied. I just can't let this thread die before I post my true last effort for the year.

MetroidWsamus.jpg

Night, all.

Kilroy

28sav4l.jpg

I never cease to admire Layton's laidback attitude when confronted with the world. Giant ferriswheels trying to crush him, mysterious abductions and murder. That simply reminds him of another puzzle...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So I started on making a background for me Ken pic. I think I'll make ryu dragon punching him too. It's taking FOREVER though using a mouse so I don't know when I'll be done.

24cxlc3.jpg

16bekk4.jpg

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Timedog said:
does paint even have transparency or multiple layers?

With a little help from Photoshop, you can pull it off.

Or just restrict Photoshop's settings to make it perform like Paint. That too.

Top Bottom