• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

Toni

I'm really fearing for "what" will transpire from Red Ded 2 after the events of GTA5.

GTA5 was a f*cking cultural movement at Rockstar's offices, I'm sure. And I'm confident it changed their thought-processing as developers on what components they need to inject in order for their projects to succeed.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

gfxtwin

Delayed to strip out most of the single player and make it all about Red Dead Online.

Wish I was entirely joking

Why would they delay it to REMOVE content!? :p

I don't see it happening, and there would probably be a lot of backlash if it did. It's true that R* probably don't need to do this and the game would be massively successful either way, but they is so good at making each open world game have more content than the last, that I doubt it will happen with the next RDR.

JP

I'm really looking forward to this but I never really have any issues when games are delayed.

I would have thought an end of year release would be better for them anyway although with Sony having the marketing deal they may not be too happy to have this competing with their own christmas releases.

daman824

I'm really fearing for "what" will transpire from Red Ded 2 after the events of GTA5.

GTA5 was a f*cking cultural movement at Rockstar's offices, I'm sure. And I'm confident it changed their thought-processing as developers on what components they need to inject in order for their projects to succeed.

I'm on the edge of my seat.
I have the same fears. But I don't think it's red dead 2 we need to worry about. I think it'll be the games after red dead 2 (gta6, red dead 3) that'll really start to show changes in design philosophy.

Red dead 2 was being developed before gta: online took off.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Stop buying GTAV if you ever want RDR2 to come out lol

Arnie

No idea how legit this is but this site says new RDR2 news are coming this week.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...release-update-Nintendo-Switch-games-LA-Noire
The Daily Express is not reliable in any sense of the word.

And this article quotes other "reports". In all honesty the site has huge daily click quoters so they are not in any way meticulous with the things they write. Assume it's a story meant to be clicked on or linked to regardless of the content within.

Akai__

This article is terribly written. No matter if it's real or not.

The Red Dead Redemption 2 release has been pushed back until 2018 for PS4 fans, but there's still a lot of working going on behind the scenes.

Why only for PS4 fans?

Fans allege that they have found a new online survey, asking questions on the Red Dead Redemption 2 release.

Somebody said something. No proof.

As with anything that pops up online, it'll be worth taking this latest info with a pinch of salt.

Okay...

Delayed to strip out most of the single player and make it all about Red Dead Online.

Wish I was entirely joking

I don't think there is much Rockstar could sell within the context of Red Dead that would make people go crazy like GTA Online.

GTA has
Penthouses, yachts, garages, a military bunker and now a hangar.
Military vehicles like tanks, APCs, helicopters and fighter jets
Crazy high-end cars like James Bond vehicles and the Batmobile...

I don't mind delays but I do mind when companies announce a release date way too early when they likely already know it won't make it. So if it gets delayed again..... sigh.

But it's probably best to just expect the worst. Just so that the disappointment won't be that big.

this old news I believe. They confirmed it would be a FY2019 (after March 31st 2018) title on a conference call soon after the delay

EDIT: yeah, its old news. This was confirmed back in May 23rd (a day after the delay announcement) and reassured in August. Sscreenshot from the conference call press release:

DGQDsplVwAAaPOW.jpg:large

Ok that's good to know.

As for fears that they will strip the SP of content in favor for RDR Online..... don't forget that it still has to prove itself. I'm gonna be honest and say I hope it won't be as big a success as GTAO because I'm fairly sure we would have been playing RDR2 by now. Hell maybe actually another game by them.

I think of last gen and how we got new stuff from this company every year. :(

As much as I am looking forward to it, I can wait for it. This year has already been one of the best years for gaming in my opinion, RDR2 would have just been another game on the pile that I want to play. That being said, 2018 is also looking increasingly stacked.

Sn4ke_911

Today is the day guys, we'll get a new trailer in about 7 hours, i'm sure of it.

Today is the day guys, we'll get a new trailer in about 7 hours, i'm sure of it.

Is it a year ago since the debut trailer?

One thing is for sure if we don't get any of the promised new updates this year anymore, something is up and it won't see the light of day until late next year.

It's goddamn sad that we have to wait so long for Rockstar's first current gen game. Again, thank you GTAO.

Daffy Duck

Is it a year ago since the debut trailer?

One thing is for sure if we don't get any of the promised new updates this year anymore, something is up and it won't see the light of day until late next year.

It's goddamn sad that we have to wait so long for Rockstar's first current gen game. Again, thank you GTAO.

Or it could just be shaping up to be an absolute monster of a game with amazing levels of detail.

Or it could just be shaping up to be an absolute monster of a game with amazing levels of detail.

Oh I have no doubts about that but I am willing to bet if GTAO hadn't become the insane success it did we would have been playing RDR2 by now.

So I would say it's great for the company Take Two but not so great for gamers that didn't care much for GTAO and really would have loved to see more Rockstar games on the current systems.

I loved how we got something new on a yearly basis last gen. After GTA IV a year later came the two DLCs. We got RDR, Midnight Club LA, Max Payne 3, LA Noire. All quality games too. It is what it is but I don't like it.

Daffy Duck

Oh I have no doubts about that but I am willing to bet if GTAO hadn't become the insane success it did we would have been playing RDR2 by now.

So I would say it's great for the company Take Two but not so great for gamers that didn't care much for GTAO and really would have loved to see more Rockstar games on the current systems.

I loved how we got something new on a yearly basis last gen. After GTA IV a year later came the two DLCs. We got RDR, Midnight Club LA, Max Payne 3, LA Noire. All quality games too. It is what it is but I don't like it.

Nah, no way would it be out now, as certain as day follows night is that a Rockstar will be announced and then delayed.

Nah, no way would it be out now, as certain as day follows night is that a Rockstar will be announced and then delayed.

If GTAO had been similar to how GTA IV's online has been received, not too great, I'm fairly sure we would have had more games from them by now and I definitely think RDR2 being one of them.

And I don't even want to think about how long we could be waiting for a possible Bully 2 or next GTA if RDR2 Online becomes a insane success as well. Or maybe not, we'll just have to wait and see.

If GTAO had been similar to how GTA IV's online has been received, not too great, I'm fairly sure we would have had more games from them by now and I definitely think RDR2 being one of them.

And I don't even want to think about how long we could be waiting for a possible Bully 2 or next GTA if RDR2 Online becomes a insane success as well. Or maybe not, we'll just have to wait and see.

i doubt we will ever see bully 2

Koopatrol

Well it is the last day of summer, so there's that I guess. I never personally set expectations for the date or time when Rockstar will announce something or drop a trailer, but I'm thinking that we will get some information soon.

The recent development on the GTAforums is interesting. Apparently one of the users who owns the reddeadonline domain was just contacted by Take Two so he could transfer the domain to them. It seems that the letter he received is legit, and its obvious why they'd want the domain. Maybe they're gearing up for some announcements soon. Here are some posts if you want to check it out:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/page-566#entry1069851576
http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/page-569#entry1069852061

Mr_Moogle

You've got to wonder why Rockstar even bother telling us about release dates. They never stick to them.

Not complaining though. I want them to make the best game possible.

Any chance at a PC version?

Sn4ke_911

Well it is the last day of summer, so there's that I guess. I never personally set expectations for the date or time when Rockstar will announce something or drop a trailer, but I'm thinking that we will get some information soon.

The recent development on the GTAforums is interesting. Apparently one of the users who owns the reddeadonline domain was just contacted by Take Two so he could transfer the domain to them. It seems that the letter he received is legit, and its obvious why they'd want the domain. Maybe they're gearing up for some announcements soon. Here are some posts if you want to check it out:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/page-566#entry1069851576
http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/page-569#entry1069852061

Haha holy shit, something is happening soon!!

nCCRpdJ.png

I just checked, reddeadonline.com is no more.

Rellik

You've got to wonder why Rockstar even bother telling us about release dates. They never stick to them.

Not complaining though. I want them to make the best game possible.

Any chance at a PC version?

The release date isn't for you or me. It's so they can grind their staff down more by saying "You will get this game out for this date because we want them sweet sales NOW" and when they realise that overworking and killing off their staff hasn't produced the game in time, they delay it.

Koopatrol

Haha holy shit, something is happening soon!!

nCCRpdJ.png

I just checked, reddeadonline.com is no more.

Yup, I think something will happen soon too. But I believe the guy who owns it set the website up to redirect to his GTA V mod website, so it appears he's still under control actually. On the left side of the screen under that huge download button you can see the username Razed, same as his name on the GTAforums.

GlamFM

Banned
R* do whatever they want whenever they feel like it.

Would not count on a new trailer just because they said something about this summer half a year ago.

Apt101

I'm good with that. It's going to be a busy holidays anyway.

I'm going to take a few days off for this one. More if the online launches alongside the single player.

Sn4ke_911

Another thing that makes me hopeful that we get something in the next few days is because they showed the RDR2 trailer at the TGS playstation press conference.. why?...

Another thing that makes me hopeful that we get something in the next few days is because they showed the RDR2 trailer at the TGS playstation press conference.. why?...

I was wondering that as well. I could see Sony having a announcement or first trailer reveal at PSX since they have marketing rights. That’s only a few months away. It would be cool having something earlier than that though!

Sn4ke_911

I was wondering that as well. I could see Sony having a announcement or first trailer reveal at PSX since they have marketing rights. That's only a few months away. It would be cool having something earlier than that though!

it's really weird, why would they show this almost 1 year old trailer again, it makes no sense.

Even still, assuming it will hold a May release, we'll probably get something soon. Hands on preview, with character reveal videos(similar to the M/T/F teasers), and release date is my guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it's really weird, why would they show this almost 1 year old trailer again, it makes no sense.

At a guess, Sony wanted RDR2 to make an appearance but Take-Two didn't see the event as notable enough to justify cutting together a new trailer, so Sony, left with either settling for the previous trailer or removing the game from the presentation altogether, chose the former.

Top Bottom