• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

GTA V is still huge. Becoming even bigger now with the Role-Playing community. I wouldn't be surprised if they are delaying it to add some sort of RP capabilities with RDR Online.

If they are able to support all the different communities....Single Player, Regular Online and RP; RDR2 has the potential to be just as successful.

Just a guess.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This has got to be the most expected delay ever. Personally, I was just trying to guess when they would announce the delay more than if it would be delayed.
GTA V has me worried with the multiplayer money its bringing in. I hope they still have a strong single player focus for this game. I mean I know multiplayer is going to be a huge part of this game but as long as the single player is as long as RDR then I'm good to ignore the multiplayer stuff.

I wonder. Mario Odyssey might blow people away and then split the votes with Zelda which could let Horizon win. lol
No matter which game wins, it will be funny on GAF

I think it's right up there with the Gran Turismo Sport Delay for most expected.

You know, I had hoped, even dared to dream that this wasn't going to be the case.

That said, everyone saw this coming.

Rockstar will deliver a great product, even if we have to wait longer than we had hoped.
In the meantime I guess I can finally get around to finishing GTA V.

autoduelist

Okay, finally they delayed the game to it's natural state of release... now we just need to wait for the second delay and we'll be good to go.

AmyS

To me, the new Spring 2018 release window comes as no surprise.

I can only think that Rockstar wants to:

a.) Finish and polish the main game
b.) Take full advantage of the capabilities that PS4 Pro and Scorpio offer
c.) Have the online multiplayer experience closer to being ready, if not at the same time

Am I wrong, or did I miss anything?

The Ummah

Banned
Agent was announced a while ago...so RDR2 can still be their first title built from the ground up for next gen. Agent is their 2017 game!

:(

I'm willing to wait for this, mainly because I don't have a choice. Polish that game, y'all.

To me, the new Spring 2018 release window comes as no surprise.

I can only think that Rockstar wants to:

a.) Finish and polish the main game
b.) Take full advantage of the capabilities that PS4 Pro and Scorpio offer
c.) Have the online multiplayer experience closer to being ready, if not at the same time

Am I wrong, or did I miss anything?

d.) they're behind schedule.

DOWN

Banned
I do hope this game doesn't have that awful "choose your appearance by selecting your grandpa's favorite type of sandwich" character creator from GTA V on 360

Did they change it for GTA V on current gen? I don't recall

Bahorel

I do hope this game doesn't have that awful "choose your appearance by selecting your grandpa's favorite type of sandwich" character creator from GTA V on 360

Did they change it for GTA V on current gen? I don't recall

From what I recall the online character was fully customizable on the PS4 version, I don't remember any animal crossing style nonsense

Kssio_Aug

maybe they delayed it so we can get a simultaneous PC release :eek:

A9kutlL.gif

Maxinas

rkBKDgi.png

Summer is ending in like 10 days...

TWOsX7i.gif

This week's Nintendo Direct Starts off...Reggie appears on screen in chaps and a cowboy hat. Quickly draws out revolver and shoots the screen revealing the RDR2 logo coming for Nintendo Switch Spring 2018.

There's your "details" for the summer.

NoKisum

I just assumed the "details" were delayed along with the release window. In which case, new details this fall?

Simo

I just assumed the "details" were delayed along with the release window. In which case, new details this fall?

No, the "summer" details were supposed to make up for the delay given their long silence between the game announcement and then delay news. Now we're back at waiting and folks literally counting down until September 21st because that's when summer officially ends. lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2017-09-1216_53_25-rok5p11.png

giphy.gif

Throw us a bone already R*

http___makeagif.com__media_5-20-2014_17HdvT.gif

PLS BE THIS THURSDAY

PLS BE THIS THURSDAY

PLS BE THIS THURSDAY

Ahasverus

Rockstar is a development mess, where's the surprise? Without Lezlie benzos I'd be surprised if they're able to ship a functional game in 5 years.

Aces&Eights

rkBKDgi.png

Summer is ending in like 10 days...

TWOsX7i.gif

This .gif is perfect.

Holy shit, Rockstar. You already knew Fall 2017 was bullshit. It's not like you need to build anticipation for the game. It's going to sell a gajillion copies before you even do a remaster on next gen hardware. Give us something, PLEASE.

Top Bottom