• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this leaves room for Spider-Man to get Sony's big marketing push this Fall right

right 😢

sphinx

the piano man
it feels like Q4 will be all about the switch, what will Sony release in that part of the year?

RDR2, TLOUS2, FFR7, are all 2018 or beyond.

13ruce

Banned
Breath of the Wild has no competition now only Mario Odyssey:p

So one of those 2 Goty of 2017 and red dead goty 2018.

Fantastic imo.
I ofcourse mean the majority share of Goty's not all of them.

Boke1879

I'm just fine with this though. Got way too much to play in my backlog and too many games to play that are coming out.

If they need more time cool. Spacing out these heavy hitters is needed.

Piggus

Even IF R* were to port this to Switch, they wouldn't delay the PS4/Bone versions just for that. That's never how they've done business.

Not a chance this hits spring 18

Why? Because there's been relatively little info? How is that any different from every other prior R* release? Their info blowouts are typically much closer to release than other games.

Jerm411

Destiny 2
CoD WWII
Battlefront 2
Super Mario Odyssey

God knows what else.....

Yeah I ain't even mad, take your time...make it great.

j-wood

Rockstar, why don't you just say spring from now on? I can't even remember the last time they announced a game for Fall and it wasn't delayed until Spring. It's just a marketing tactic at this point.

Coffinhal

Did anyone really think this was coming this year?

2018 makes sense.

It was still possible since there was enough time for a marketing campaign.

Drop a trailer this week, a hand-off preview behind closed doors at E3, 1 SP trailer in July, 1 MP trailer in August, a few more previews hands-on this time, 1 final trailer in September/October and release it mid-November.

Would have been perfect, but when the game isn't ready...(and nobody here knew a single thing about it)

Top Bottom