• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

mas8705

87932d9aed247498c21e9b0e6adc86ca_cowboys-news-notes-demand-for-tony-romo-may-be-growing-even-as-star-trek-shocked-meme_300-168.jpeg

I cannot remember the last time a Rockstar game launched on the day it was announced to launch.

Also I can confidently add 6-9 months to every Rockstar announcement from now to the end of time.

Tagyhag

Sucks but like everyone said, expected.

Silver lining being that they can work on perfecting the game and 2017 has been so jam packed with games that 2018 will need some to keep it going.

Fall is still looking busy either way.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm just fine with this though. Got way too much to play in my backlog and too many games to play that are coming out.

If they need more time cool. Spacing out these heavy hitters is needed.

People always say this like they're being forced to buy new games lol

Salvadora

I'm just fine with this though. Got way too much to play in my backlog and too many games to play that are coming out.

If they need more time cool. Spacing out these heavy hitters is needed.
It will most likely come out alongside other heavy hitters in May 2018.

Rockstar should just announce a 6 month delay to any date they originally set and that way we'd be far closer to the actual date.

Who's taking bets on it being delayed further? Or is that just a certainty too.

Everyone going on about this fall. But what's exactly coming out this fall? Besides Mario on switch all I see is the usual sequels like COD, AC and battlefront.

Is there anything I missed?

Gorillaz

Not surprised

If Rockstar was actually going for that 2017 release the marketing campaign would have been on 100. They always make a splash for months leading to a release. They seriously treat their game releases like a summer blockbuster so this was obvious.

Taker34

Banned
BUT WHAT WILL WE PLAY AT THE END OF THIS YEAR???? THERE'S NOTHING EXCEPT Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Knack 2, Gran Turismo Sport, CoD WWII, AC Origins, Need For Speed, State of Decay 2 and E3 DIDNT HAPPEN YET. PLEASE PANIC!!!

Ridley327

The least surprising delay announcement of perhaps all time. The last time Rockstar released a major game in the fall was Midnight Club: LA, back in 2008.

Cyborg

This is one of my most anticipated game of all time, sad to see it delayed but hopefully it all goes well.

:(

EDIT: Oh god the screenshots! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

If they announce a PC version OMG!

Post 24 is the first that mentions the fcking epic screenshot...... the rest continues to bitch about the delay.

Arc

I wonder if Sony will move one of their big exclusives out of March now. Maybe God of War or Days Gone will actually hit this fall?

Alienous

Not finding those screenshots all that inspiring.

Looks like they're doing that whole "there's a 2 in the title - let's do dual-wielding" thing, but otherwise the screenshots aren't doing a lot for me.

Top Bottom