• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Predicted that since last Fall. LOL. I'm still guessing May 2018.

sappyday

I just hope it has a meaty and a well worth single player campaign. I seriously don't want some mixture of online and singleplayer.

Lunar15

That's ok. Hey Rockstar:

ClosedInferiorChuckwalla-size_restricted.gif

Coffinhal

The first of many. And people really thought this was gonna be a 2017 title haha.

Nobody "really thought" but it was a possibility. I instead saw a lot of people saying this will definitely get delayed "because Rockstar", which was stupid given the absence of proof, no matter how it turned out now. It's even more stupid to come here and bark about it imoh but the gamers community has to keep to its highest standard.

opricnik

Banned
Water is wet.

also fuck you Rockstar for still pushing PC release at later date.

delay+ pc delay means big fuck you PC players. One would think they would release PC version at same time with this delay.

literally fuck you

Kthulhu

Yeah, not really surprised. Hopefully we'll see something at E3/PAX/Gamescom.

a DELAYED GAAAAAMMME...

giphy.gif

...is eventually good!!!

Literally THOU. SANDS. of great games to play before then, my fellow video game players!
My wallet has, through sheer force of will and emotion, become sentient and it now opens and closes on its own when laid on a flat surface, as if it were prostrating itself before you, bowing before you with gratitude, Rockstar, Houser Bros. and the spirit of DA BENZ.
WE ALL should be happy for this glorious DELAY, graciously bestowed upon us!
2017 had TOO MANY games that were good and who needs a new Red Dead when you have so MANY good-ASS games?!!?
My backlog thanks yoooou, Rockstarzzz, Los Housers-sempais, and the spirit of DA BENZ-sempai-desu ne~~~~~ ... !
Also gives me time to beat previous Red Dead games that I have played, buuuuuuuttt as it is so ~great~, my desire for RDR2 can be satiated by replaying it!!!!! ^3^

RmEr4qz.gif

A bad game is bad forever.
kJGWF1e.png

What the hell?

IKizzLE

Even IF R* were to port this to Switch, they wouldn't delay the PS4/Bone versions just for that. That's never how they've done business.

Why? Because there's been relatively little info? How is that any different from every other prior R* release? Their info blowouts are typically much closer to release than other games.
How many of their last games were only delayed once?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Why even announce it as coming out in 2017, though?

I mean, it obviously was never going to make that date. Rockstar knew it. We knew it.

Dice had the right idea with the Mirror's Edge reboot when it came to managing expectations.

Euron

BUT WHAT WILL WE PLAY AT THE END OF THIS YEAR???? THERE'S NOTHING EXCEPT Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Knack 2, Gran Turismo Sport, CoD WWII, AC Origins, Need For Speed, State of Decay 2 and E3 DIDNT HAPPEN YET. PLEASE PANIC!!!
Eh I don't have much interest in the yearly releases this year except for maybe AC Origins and Battlefront 2 and I don't plan on getting a Switch. Plus the other games listed don't interest me either.

Top Bottom