• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

Spring 2018. Sure.

giphy.gif

Fall seems more likely along with ps5 ;)

Nista

My BB preorder is going to be sitting there for a very long time.

I'm still thinking May 2018 might be more likely for good launch vibes, but we'll see.

Raven117

Gold Member
Yeah...figured as much. That's okay...take your time.

Looks like we have Far Cry 5 to hold us over on the Western front.

Peroroncino

This is really annoying, expected of course, but still annoying since they probably knew from the beginning that 2017 is impossible.

Called it ages ago, they always delay because they want things to be a good as possible. Sucks it's not out this year but we all know it will be worth it in the end.

R* can take as much time as it likes.

Also, can't remember the last time one of their games wasn't delayed.

Investors are not as forgiving as I am, though. Take-Two stock trading down 8% after hours.

DAdSVbbXsAAG_wi.jpg:large

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am not that upset to be honest. They'll have more time to polish the game and the fall lineup won't be right around the corner.

Scorpio will also be out and the game can be enjoyed without consuming everyone's money. Granted I'll get this for vanilla PS4.

hemo memo

Gold Member
We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready.

I believe you Rockstar. You're allowed to say this because you actually mean it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The only thing that sucks about this is 2018 for RD2 means we probably aren't getting another R* game beyond that this gen (unless it's cross gen).

atpbx

I was so shocked by this totally unexpected and unprecedented news, that I experienced a shortness of breath and had to have a sit down on a comfortable chair.

My wife asked me if I needed a glass of water.

I said no.

sphinx

the piano man
translation for the word "Spring" in case anyone needs it.

"if we don't sleep for 8 months, this is the earliest we can put it in people's hands, expect a HUGE patch 3 months later"

I was going to ask why this is only being announced after T2's quarterly results.

Then I realized that those are reported tomorrow and I must have been thinking of a different company.

Top Bottom