• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

Toni

If it gets delayed again though this will be me.

LdwaJkJ.gif

I'll be like

0LswMfx.gif

Destiny 2, Mario, Battlefront 2, COD, Far Cry 5, Assassins Creed, Uncharted LL, Crash, GT Sport possibly?

Way too much.

Too many games in general. A bunch of games from Fall/Winter 2016 moved to Spring 2017 and everyone was like "good! It's too crowded!", which it was because there were games like TitanFall 2 and Dishonored 2 that just got lost in the shuffle. But then Spring 2017 also had a shitton of heavy hitters come out really close and games like Nier Automata got lost in the shuffle because so many games moved there.

I think we're gonna have a repeat of that next year. A bunch of games get moved to Spring, only for Spring to be crowded as fuck still and then it turns out both Fall AND Spring are crowded and games get lost anyway.

Clearly the only answer is to release in Summer. :p

jdmonmou

Oh well, I guess that means that Zelda Breath of the Wild will be my game of the year. I'm not sure what else is coming in the fall.

Not surprised, and not disappointed, to be honest. This year is loaded with games and I'm already falling behind on my wishlist games. Also, props to R* for holding back and ensuring we get the possible game. Too many games are rushed and incomplete at launch, nice to see a company take the time to get it right. R* rarely disappoints, still super hyped for RDR2.

Platy

I hope the delay is a way to expand the avaliable platforms... but who am i kidding, it is just open world games being open world games

Kthulhu

Why even announce it as coming out in 2017, though?

I mean, it obviously was never going to make that date. Rockstar knew it. We knew it.

Dice had the right idea with the Mirror's Edge reboot when it came to managing expectations.

Take Two probably wanted to get people hyped for it ASAP, even though it was probably gonna be delayed. That's my theory anyway.

Eh I don't have much interest in the yearly releases this year except for maybe AC Origins and Battlefront 2 and I don't plan on getting a Switch. Plus the other games listed don't interest me either.

Tons of great indie games out there. Plus I'm sure there is something good you missed.

Espada

Holiday 2018 confirmed. This game will get delayed again. Mark my words.

Yup. With Rockstar I expect 1 or 2 delays before we finally get it. This pretty much guarantees Breath of the Wild is going to get GOTY, haha.

One big downside for me is that this means the PC version might be 2019 now if we get the same gap GTAV had.

Totally expected and I am OK with it. I just wish next time they wait before announcing a release date. Look at what Bethesda did and Ubi is now doing. Announce and release in same year.

This game is going to look glorious on that Scorpio for damn sure. Now they'll have all the time in the world to make it great and worthwhile for both Pro and Scorpio too, i hope.

Bert409

Well it's official then, Q1 2017 craps all over the rest of the year. To be honest though, I feel like I've had my fill of huge open world games for now after 200+ hours of Horizon+Zelda.

My mind may be wanting, but at the same I'm not clamoring for it just yet. Besides the last red dead was a technical nightmare to develop we should expect the same from the sequel.

Top Bottom