• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 new trailer coming 28 september, 11AM ET

What are you most looking forward to in the trailer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, i hope for a vast worldmap. Like the great plains with covered wagons and only REALLY great like in real life and not a football pitch like RDR.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm preparing for another delay. basically...we've delayed the game but here is a trailer and/or screenshots to look at for now.

i want to be excited for it but i'm worried it's just gonna turn out like GTA but this time they release a smaller story mode and focus even more on Online.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
giphy.gif

But this is typically Rockstar. Announce the release date of a trailer, haha. I'm not mad though, this builds up excitement and that's cool.

Do hope we finally learn if we'll be playing as one character or more. I would be fine with just one to be honest.

i'm preparing for another delay. basically...we've delayed the game but here is a trailer and/or screenshots to look at for now.

i want to be excited for it but i'm worried it's just gonna turn out like GTA but this time they release a smaller story mode and focus even more on Online.

That's rather negative man and for me that would be the death of one of my favorite developers. Nah I think we can expect a meaty story mode but lots and lots of doubts that we'll ever see story dlc.

Plum

Gameplay is perfectly possible man. Don't forget the many gameplay introduction videos we had of RDR.

I'm just going in with low expectations seeing as how similar RDR2's reveal schedule has been to GTAV so far (name drop, teaser, new trailer a year later). I'd love to see gameplay, though.

noomi

YESSS!

I hope it's a proper gameplay trailer, like the old RDR video series they did! I'm so fucking unbelievably pumped for this game. RDR is my all time favorite game!

Better get my poop bucket ready!

Tonky

Hope it's longer than a minute. Also hope that it's a gameplay trailer with V/O since the last one was more of a story/environment trailer. Hoping for something like this.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That's rather negative man and for me that would be the death of one of my favorite developers. Nah I think we can expect a meaty story mode but lots and lots of doubts that we'll ever see story dlc.

i guess i'm just salty they ruined GTA for me and i won't be surprised if they do the same for Red Dead. if they do then i won't be interested in Rockstar games anymore.

i suppose we can expect a decent story to enjoy but yeah not even gonna waste my time hoping for DLC. i'll probably buy the game to play through the story and then trade it in.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Gameplay is perfectly possible man. Don't forget the many gameplay introduction videos we had of RDR.

it's possible we'll get a gameplay trailer but i think the reason RDR got a trailer was because the first game didn't do too well and there aren't many western games/fans out there so they wanted to show people what it was like. I know I ignored the game for a good few years because I'm not a fan of western settings.

as for GTA V it was the first game they did with multiple characters and having the ability to switch between them at almost any time. so again they wanted to show off how it worked.

with RDR2 we know what we're getting into and we have an idea of how Rockstar handles multiple characters. so unless they change the gameplay significantly then i don't think they need a gameplay trailer but it is possible.

I expect more of the same, aka a vague showing of some of the game's regions, and maybe one or two gameplay scenes. But I'd love to be wrong.

dreamfall

The HYPE IS TOO MUCH! So many days, we'll probably get a good look at one of maybe many protagonists?! It's a lot to take in!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. A great way to start my birthday. :)

So i was reading an article on Dutch site Tweakers about this and they said it's yet unknown what the announcemejt will be about and then i realized they are right.

There isn't any talk about a new trailer here, yet here and Reddit all assume it's a trailer :)

Rellik

So i was reading an article on Dutch site Tweakers about this and they said it's yet unknown what the announcemejt will be about and then i realized they are right.

There isn't any talk about a new trailer here, yet here and Reddit all assume it's a trailer :)

Because this is pretty standard Rockstar cock teasing.

It'll be a trailer with 3 seconds of enhanced HUDless gameplay content from a PC. NeoGAF members will cry about no gameplay and then all proceed to buy 3 copies of the game.

FelipeMGM

I mean, yeah they didnt outright said it, but what else could it be? We know how this goes

Daffy Duck

There's nothing relating specifically to Red Dead Redemption 2 is there?

My money is on Red Dead Redemption Remaster for Switch.

Thabass

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather..

Every one of those trailers were special because of the way Rockstar did them. These have been no different.

To this day I go back to watch that trailer and the release trailer for Grand Theft Auto V and I get goosebumps every time. Rockstar is so fucking good at marketing and trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom