• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Gothos

One of the worst debut trailers I've ever seen. I guess they'll show something decent around spring next year...

Obviously wish the trailer was longer with more story info but then again this is R* and they keep this stuff close to the chest.

That said game looks gorgeous

This looks fucking mental. I believe this is what it will look like, game was built from the ground up for these consoles and you have to take into consideration that this game doesn't have as much going on as GTAV. No giant buildings, pedestrians everywhere, dense traffic, etc.

Loxley

It looks amazing

jTbgs1Q.gif

I'm getting echoes of The Revenant from this, can't wait to see more of the game.

dreamfall

One of the worst debut trailers I've ever seen. I guess they'll show something decent around spring next year...

But this is how almost all Rockstar games are revealed? I kind of love how they do it- everyone is just observing the environments baha. We'll get a substantial character trailer maybe near the New Year.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
A bait and switch would mean that there was every at any point even the slightest hint of possibility that this would be on a Nintendo console

Which means I gave the slightest benefit of the doubt that it would be.

Fool me once, shame on... me... you..? Me!

Fuuuuuuu

I dont want to say I agree. But I dont disagree. Even the dramatic stinger sole line of dialogue was lame and meaningless.

I had trouble conceptualizing a sequel to RDR in my head since that game takes place at the end of the Wild West literally, so the only way to go would be into the 1920s (not cowboys) or backwards. And this looks backwards, didnt see much of anything new.

Shock32

I love the whole "Gang" vibe they are going for. It's going to be so fun with 7 outlaws doing whatever they want. Does anyone suspect that was the new voice of Marston talking?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
While this looked like i would expect a current gen Rockstar title to look like, we still need to be a bit cautious after Witcher 3's hilariously awful downgrade. CD Projekt ending up changing the entire graphics engine after that initial trailer, so you never know.

diamount

Banned
I don't understand the 'That's it?' posts. What did you expect? This looks about as good as you can imagine an open world wild west game on current generation. It looks fantastic.

I don't think they mean the technical side of things. More that it showed nothing substantial in terms of narrative.

What was there was amazing, but definitely expected to see some more! I hope that they'll have something more to show at PSX or something, but I'm thinking that probably won't be the case.

UrbanRats

The 7 people from the final shot, don't look like the ones from the art, i have to say, i think i see a black guy (second from left), and the one on the right looked like a woman to some people (though i don't see it).

Simo

I was too busy paying attention to the water, I didn't even notice the sky...holy shit.

Good god GAF wtf. I like how E3 doesn't bring down the boards but the combined effort of just Nintendo and Rockstar does. lol

UrbanRats

While this looked like i would expect a current gen Rockstar title to look like, we still need to be a bit cautious after Witcher 3's hilariously awful downgrade. CD Projekt ending up changing the entire graphics engine after that initial trailer, so you never know.

This doesn't look that far off from how GTAV looks on PS4, besides, it has to calculate a lot less than it does, in GTAV.

Theorry

We're partnering with Rockstar Games on Red Dead Redemption 2! Watch the trailer, captured on PS4. And PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Bonus: the classic Red Dead Redemption is coming soon to PS Now. Details: http://play.st/RDR2-PS4

COLOR! COLOR! They added color!! Yeeeeeessss! Grass! Trees! Flowers! Foliage everywhere! Moisture!

My greatest desire for a sequel has been met. Northward bound! Wyoming!

No more vast sunbleached cowpie!

Awesome. Northern setting with lush color was the top of my wishlist.

dreamfall

We're partnering with Rockstar Games on Red Dead Redemption 2! Watch the trailer, captured on PS4. And PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Bonus: the classic Red Dead Redemption is coming soon to PS Now. Details: http://play.st/RDR2-PS4

Well there it is! Hope they do a special console with it!

That really is huge for Sony. Hopefully, the multiplatform release will be of the same quality when it launches. Feels like a missed opportunity for the Scorpio!

DangerStepp

Looks great--please come to PC day one.

New Nintendo console announcement and new RDR on the same day.

GAF is gonna need another server..

Top Bottom