• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption map ported to Grand Theft Auto V PC

Ash735

...so what IS the reasoning for the ".white" name that they left out for folks to figure out?
Nothing racial about it if your mind is thinking that. The name .White was chosen because this team see themselves as the opposite of the .Black team, who work on RAGE modding but prefer to keep all their content closed sourced and refuse to share details with other modders. This team however are doing their own research into tools and formats and will be willing to share their findings and details to those who ask.

Guess I'll go buy GTAV for the 5th time now
CwyUARWXcAA6BZG.jpg

Chumley

Banned
I'll bet anything Rockstar C&D'd their ass.

Why these mod makers start on projects like this without getting approval first always boggles my mind, all that work for nothing.

chekhonte

And thus this short chapter in GTA V modding came to a close.

EDIT: I hope somebody downloaded that video and will put it back up some other place.

Nothing racial about it if your mind is thinking that. The name .White was chosen because this team see themselves as the opposite of the .Black team, who work on RAGE modding but prefer to keep all their content closed sourced and refuse to share details with other modders. This team however are doing their own research into tools and formats and will be willing to share their findings and details to those who ask.
It was teetering there lol but no, I was genuinely curious because I had zero idea what they were implying.

Chumley

Banned
i did a brief breakdown video on my YouTube account . Entire trailer is there playing while I talk. Video hasn't been taken down.... yet >_<

Not sure what the deal is. Rockstar hasn't had issues with mods in the past, and it seems like RDR will never be ported to PC at this point so... I don't get it.

That looked really nice.

The question of them one day remastering it on PC is always open. RDR2 will hit PC some time in early 2018, they might do a joint release with that and announce it later this year.

i did a brief breakdown video on my YouTube account . Entire trailer is there playing while I talk. Video hasn't been taken down.... yet >_<

Not sure what the deal is. Rockstar hasn't had issues with mods in the past, and it seems like RDR will never be ported to PC at this point so... I don't get it.

Well, there's quite a difference between releasing a mod for a game and releasing a mod for a game that's a straight port of another game. It can't be hard to understand that the higher ups at R* would see it's availability in a highly moddable state as something that could eat into any potential sales if they were to eventually release a remastered version of the original game.

Anth0ny

Well, there's quite a difference between releasing a mod for a game and releasing a mod for a game that's a straight port of another game. It can't be hard to understand that the higher ups at R* would see it's availability in a highly moddable state as something that could eat into any potential sales if they were to eventually release a remastered version of the original game.

It's weird though because they didn't have any issue with the mod that brings Liberty City to GTAV, and that's an actual game that's still for sale on PC (GTA IV).

Though I guess if this means RDR Remastered for PC in the future... I ain't mad.

It's weird though because they didn't have any issue with the mod that brings Liberty City to GTAV, and that's an actual game that's still for sale on PC (GTA IV).

Though I guess if this means RDR Remastered for PC in the future... I ain't mad.

Ok, I didn't realize that mod was a thing. If that's the case then my logic doesn't really check out.

Coffinhal

What a bunch of idiots, of course they were going to be shutdown by Take Two. (and the trailer really was mediocre, what a waste)

MUnited83

For you.

Rockstar had a shitload with issues with mods in the past and they continously try to break mods on their games as much as they can.

NEO0MJ

In this day and age yeah, modders better stay quite about these things. I guess it's a way advertise if they later decide to set up a Patreon account?

It happened with Chrono Trigger, Streets of Rage Remake, Metal Gear Remake, Castlevania, AM2R and tons other. You would think people would have learned by now to not show anything?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
why do people never learn? keep quiet about something until it's finished. if you go shouting your mouth off then you're gonna get shut down real fast. finish it then release it and it will never disappear no matter how hard anyone tries.

dreamfall

This looks to be the coolest thing ever. If they can pull it off without Rockstar stepping in, it'd be incredible to play.

A-V-B

Gotta love people still not learning the "don't announce until day of release" rule for shit like this. Been this way since the 90s. The modders must be too young to remember all the other examples.

Ash735

Yeah. Just to clarify.

The team can NOT say IF Rockstar/Take2 sent them a C&D because there may or may NOT be a gag order on the exact details because there was NOT any threats given if this was leaked to the press because Rockstar MIGHT want to avoid bad press for shutting down fan projects using bullying tactics.

Not related but they'd also like to remind people that Red Dead Redemption is available to buy digitally on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for those who wish to experience the game the way it was meant to be played. They would appreciate support for the official product and do not want to support piracy of their products. For PC Gamers they'd also like to say they to can experience Red Dead Redemption via the PlayStation Now service.

Hux1ey

Banned
Yeah. Just to clarify.

The team can NOT say IF Rockstar/Take2 sent them a C&D because there may or may NOT be a gag order on the exact details because there was NOT any threats given if this was leaked to the press because Rockstar MIGHT want to avoid bad press for shutting down fan projects using bullying tactics.

Not related but they'd also like to remind people that Red Dead Redemption is available to buy digitally on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for those who wish to experience the game the way it was meant to be played. They would appreciate support for the official product and do not want to support piracy of their products. For PC Gamers they'd also like to say they to can experience Red Dead Redemption via the PlayStation Now service.

How is this piracy though?

Top Bottom