• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption map ported to Grand Theft Auto V PC

Chumley

Banned
Yeah. Just to clarify.

The team can NOT say IF Rockstar/Take2 sent them a C&D because there may or may NOT be a gag order on the exact details because there was NOT any threats given if this was leaked to the press because Rockstar MIGHT want to avoid bad press for shutting down fan projects using bullying tactics.

Not related but they'd also like to remind people that Red Dead Redemption is available to buy digitally on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for those who wish to experience the game the way it was meant to be played. They would appreciate support for the official product and do not want to support piracy of their products. For PC Gamers they'd also like to say they to can experience Red Dead Redemption via the PlayStation Now service.

lol

It's dead, jim

Kneefoil

As much as I like RDR, it's better that they got hit now than after they would've already wasted several years of work on the mod.

Kobalty

For PC Gamers they'd also like to say they to can experience Red Dead Redemption via the PlayStation Now service.

ashley-wagner-BS1.gif

Well that's dead then shame really as I was looking forward to it.

mdzapeer

Yeah. Just to clarify.

The team can NOT say IF Rockstar/Take2 sent them a C&D because there may or may NOT be a gag order on the exact details because there was NOT any threats given if this was leaked to the press because Rockstar MIGHT want to avoid bad press for shutting down fan projects using bullying tactics.

Not related but they'd also like to remind people that Red Dead Redemption is available to buy digitally on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for those who wish to experience the game the way it was meant to be played. They would appreciate support for the official product and do not want to support piracy of their products. For PC Gamers they'd also like to say they to can experience Red Dead Redemption via the PlayStation Now service.

Thanks...now we may or may not know what happened, I have already played Red Dead on my PS3. So no thanks.

How about a official port of Red Dead on PC then Rockstar/Take2?

Vuze

I really hate R*/T2 as a publisher. This being shutdown was to be expected, should've worked in somewhat secrecy and then release it. But I also saw on twitter today that they are shutting down the OpenAI autonomous car project that uses GTAV as a sandbox to collect data because boo-hoo.

Hesh

How is it not? Even if they just port over the map, those are still Rockstar's assets they're using and presumably distributing.

Yeah, them specifically using RDR's assets instead of recreating them signaled the end of this project.

McLovin

Wow I have gta v for PS3 and resisted getting it for PS4. I recently got a gaming pc and had no intention of getting gta v until I saw this. Rockstar legit lost a pc sale :(

Xandremi

I knew this was going to happen as soon as i saw this thread. How can they announce such a project and not expect it to get shutdown?

TheContact

damn I want gta V on pc so badly but don't want to shell out $60 for it. I bought it on PS3 then PS4 but PC is definitely where it's at

Top Bottom