• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Gui_PT

I've given up trying to beat Gui to the punch on these new vids lol.

Looking forward to this one ever since I saw Avengers on Friday!

Sorry! :lol

I haven't watched the movie because I'm dirt poor but they made the movie sound really interesting =P

Nice. Wasn't expecting another HITB so soon after the last one, especially not considering that he was in Denmark for part of the time.

jimi_dini

image.php

What's wrong with your face?

Jb

Awesome episode. I completely agree with Mike about Battleship, it was deliciously dumb, and the action was surprisingly well directed.

What I would love would be for them to record a weekly 1 to 2 hour podcast about film news and new releases, as I feel they're still fairly limited in how much they can say by the video format.

rezuth

Awesome episode. I completely agree with Mike about Battleship, it was deliciously dumb, and the action was surprisingly well directed.

What I would love would be for them to record a weekly 1 to 2 hour podcast about film news and new releases, as I feel they're still fairly limited in how much they can say by the video format.

I've been bugging them on twitter for a while about doing a podcast.

Jimothy

Oh man, the part where they describe the montage with shots of amputees combined with AC/DC made me laugh so hard. I must see this movie.

tino

Banned
:lol I checked in at their website this morning and it wasn't up. I should have known better than to think I could get the drop on you. :p

Still need them to put it up on their RSS feed so I can watch. :(

I use a firefox plugin to download it so I can watch it on my 50" TV.

BigDug13

When are they going to do another Plinkett review? HITB is alright but it pales in comparison. I know it has to be for older movies already released to DVD since they use so much footage.

When are they going to do another Plinkett review? HITB is alright but it pales in comparison. I know it has to be for older movies already released to DVD since they use so much footage.
To be honest, other than some old teaser where Plinkett talked about possibly reviewing stuff like The Matrix sequels or the Lord of the Rings trilogy, there isn't anything "logical" for him to review now. He did all the SW prequels, all of the Next Generation Star Trek movies, Star Trek the Star Trek, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It's almost exciting, because other than maybe going back and reviewing the original Star Trek, Star Wars, or Indiana Jones movies, he'll be entering new territory with this next review.

Didn't know there was a thread for this.

When i found the review for SW E2 last year it was the most funniest shit i ever seen. Is the girl he kidnapped his girl? Love her accent at the end.

Trigger

To be honest, other than some old teaser where Plinkett talked about possibly reviewing stuff like The Matrix sequels or the Lord of the Rings trilogy, there isn't anything "logical" for him to review now. He did all the SW prequels, all of the Next Generation Star Trek movies, Star Trek the Star Trek, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It's almost exciting, because other than maybe going back and reviewing the original Star Trek, Star Wars, or Indiana Jones movies, he'll be entering new territory with this next review.

I'd love a Matrix review. There's a lot to work with there honestly.

Cheerilee

In their Youtube ad for their eBay auctions, they mentioned that people want to know when the next Plinkett review is coming. Then there was silence. Then Jay picked up an Avengers comic book. Then Mike was hit in the eye with a Paypal donate button.

I suspect that they're always working on the writing for several Plinkett reviews on a back burner at this point, and when they have enough good material they'll make one. But it'll go faster if you give them money, hint hint.

And they teased/fake-hinted that the next one will be the Avengers. By extension, that could mean all of the Avengers-leadup movies as well, like Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.

They've release the last Plinkett reviews during the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). If they do another one it might be around that time.

SmithnCo

I still want him to review Last Airbender. It was shown next to Crystal Skull on the bad movies list.

Izick

Great review of Prometheus. Basically encapsulated all my thoughts on the movie. Basically a beautiful movie, absolutely stunning, but lacking in some of the funamentals. The one thing I would disagree with were the characters, I thought almost all the characters were fairly one dimensional, and just not there. Kind of surprised for the guys that created the SW prequel reviews, they didn't pick this movie apart. Would still suggest it though just for how beautiful it is.

Amazing ending as well.

According to their Twitter, RLM was quoted in the Ghost Rider 2 commentary by the two directors. Now I need to get that when it comes to my library lol.

Oh and it was confirmed on Neveldine and Taylor's Twitter. So it's true lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Its pretty awesome that Roger Ebert retweeted the Prometheus spoiler vid and the Adam Sandler review. Even blogged it.

Crazyness.

He mentioned all the shit he could review at the end of the Crystal Skull review.

I'd like to know his rationale behind not doing more Plinkett reviews when it's the schtick that put him on the map in the first place. It's quite perplexing for him to tantalize people with it rather than just do them. I suspect he'd give an answer along the lines of "artistic integrity" and needing the right motivation and types of movies to do it, but I think that's bullshit considering he reviewed fucking Cop Dog and Baby's Day Out in the Plinkett format.

Top Bottom