• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Haha.

I wonder if they saw this mashup of their reactions and a youtube review and decided to just go all in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00

How many times did they say "I love this movie"? lol

This many.

I kind of wasn't feeling the joke while watching it, but watching that mashup video, like Oh my god what the fucking hell... "8 out of 10"
Yeah, those kind of had it coming. Also, apparently there is a real nerdcrate, except it's Indian.

mooncakes

Haha.

I wonder if they saw this mashup of their reactions and a youtube review and decided to just go all in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00

are the collider people actual movie critic? I used to watch them a long time ago when they were AMC but I stopped because I feel like they are just fanboys that talks a lot about superheroes movie and popculture stuff like everyday on their channel.

amazing.

Cheerilee

Man, they are going all in on Rogue One and reactions to it. I don't know if I love it or hate it, but it is generating a lot of content!

Rogue One episode of Half in the Bag = edited by Mike Stoklasa

Mr Plinkett talks about Rogue One = all Mike Stoklasa

Mr Plinkett responds to criticism = all Mike Stoklasa

The Nerd Crew podcast = edited by Mike Stoklasa

Rogue One has reinvigorated Mike.

Houndi101

I have to say Landis did well on Dirk Gently show, it was a real treat.
And first I kept thinking of Rimmer as D'Nofrio/the Roach from the first Men in Black but then he mumbled something under his breath the first time and it all clicked.
Super weird if it's a coincidence and all by the actor.. it's all connected.

UrbanRats

Rogue One episode of Half in the Bag = edited by Mike Stoklasa

Mr Plinkett talks about Rogue One = all Mike Stoklasa

Mr Plinkett responds to criticism = all Mike Stoklasa

The Nerd Crew podcast = edited by Mike Stoklasa

Rogue One has reinvigorated Mike.

I need to watch Rogue One so i can watch all this shit.

Joeku

Not to poo-poo it, because I love the faux-podcasty stuff, but are there actual podcasts that call Rogue One better/as good as ESB, and did anyone non-critic (ie fancasts and whatnot) get invited to this early and then raved about it pre-release? I really only listen to the Slashfilmcast for movie reviews, and they're grounded for the most part.

I don't know why I ask for the latter; that must have been a thing.

Now, this all said, when RLM gets defensive is when they are at their weakest, in terms of actually exploring why they did/didn't like a film over the comments and whatnot. They never expand and explore upon the faults of the film, and instead just buckle down and satire everything that isn't themselves. It comes off as, like, stylistically petty and strawmanny, in a way.

But I would so go for some general podcast parody of any movie, frankly. I would like "The Nerd Crew" to come back for something that isn't just defending people disagreeing with them.

The best thing of Rogue One was that we can add the 'IT BROKE NEW GROUND' to the list of hilarious Redlettermedia moments they break character or just start laughing uncontrollably. Those are always great.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, that podcast was fucking brutal. The entire thing was brilliant, but I just lost it at the Loot Crate shit. Bravo, RLM.

Cheerilee

Mike edited the oppening with streets of rage background? I dont believe it. He doesn't know what a videogame is.

NerdBox. Digital nerd-culture trinkets delivered monthly to your inbox.

Mike probably just stole a folder full of "nerd things" from Jack's computer. Jack was working on those things to try and make a new PreRec opening, but they're Mike's things now.

boGLB1I.gif

I wonder if RLM would do some meta thing with "Geek Crate" and package some of their shit with marked up prices to sell to their fans. Maybe put it in a "limited edition" box.

I hope they do another "Nerd Crew" to take the piss out of "Movie Fights." I skimmed through one with Max Landis and could barely handle it and I tried to watch another and it enraged me. Some guy was pitching some weird shit about Wolverine appearing in the Black Panther movie and acted like it was a thing that could legitimately happen. When a guest on the panel thought it was unlikely they were rudely shut down by the pitcher.

theyre kind of pissy about rogue one, but otoh i fucking despise "nerd" and "geek" culture and im mad i didnt think up loot crate to peddle garbage to nerds

That vid was kind of funny, but the weak Star Wars Awakens Plinkett vid plus them marking out over TFA in general just kind of undermines anything Star Wars related from them for me.

rekameohs

Banned
theyre kind of pissy about rogue one, but otoh i fucking despise "nerd" and "geek" culture and im mad i didnt think up loot crate to peddle garbage to nerds
A decent but slightly underwhelming movie totally reinvigorating them after quite a while of shedding quality content is totally okay in my book.

Not

Banned
Funniest thing they've done in a while. Don't know if I've posted that exact same thing in this thread already.

Rich on stream just said "we have not stopped wheel of the worst." "We get far more wheel of the worst tapes than anything else."

I figured that was a joke but that they wanted to get rid of the batch of bad movies in one go so they can have a whole new batch and that they hated it so much they joked about it.

I mean it's a fairly popular variation. Plinketto only makes them choose random movies, not random bad tapes.

Top Bottom