• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Today I had the glorious idea to search for edited Plinkett reviews of the prequels without the shitty serial killer/Nadine plot. I'm so glad it exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0YHjqQD7E4

It's the best.
it's not

While the stuff doesn't actually bother me in the Episode 1 review, it got worse with the other two reviews. Reaching its peak with the EP3 review where it got so boring that I only bothered to watch the conclusion to the Nadine story years after the review was released, out of sheer boredom, because who the fuck could possibly care. This edit also makes it possible to recommend it to normal human beings, which is great. I'm so glad they toned it back down in the recent videos.

The issue with editing out the "plinkett" humor is that there are times in the reviews they segue really well. My favorite example is the episode 2 review when he throws the puzzles on the floor and makes the girls solve it out of nowhere.

The issue with editing out the "plinkett" humor is that there are times in the reviews they segue really well. My favorite example is the episode 2 review when he throws the puzzles on the floor and makes the girls solve it out of nowhere.

Yes, that and the Kodiak printer challenge, are the best ones. Make me laugh, and clap, every time I watch. Though, the Nadine stuff is Episode 3 is a tad bit obnoxious.

Unit 33

Did anyone watch that Nadine short movie thing they made as a sequel to that? lol

I think it somehow felt appropriate at the time.

It was probably the team just having a little fun, and I suppose most folks weren't aware RLM made films and shorts besides reviews.

barit

The last few weeks I´m watching their content on daily basis. These guys are freaking awesome and I can´t get enough. Never understood why someone would worship a random YT personality/crew but i´m just one step away becoming a RLM fanboy.

Fat4all

Banned
The last few weeks I´m watching their content on daily basis. These guys are freaking awesome and I can´t get enough. Never understood why someone would worship a random YT personality/crew but i´m just one step away becoming a RLM fanboy.

just remember

they are hack frauds

:)

Yes, that and the Kodiak printer challenge, are the best ones. Make me laugh, and clap, every time I watch. Though, the Nadine stuff is Episode 3 is a tad bit obnoxious.

I'm just glad most of the nadine plot line stuff in episode 2 and 3 was kept to the end of episodes making it easyto skip.

Did anyone watch that Nadine short movie thing they made as a sequel to that? lol

I did... felt like a mixture of hack fraud film making and no idea what they wanted to do with it.

Are you saying that rlm broke new ground for you?

So I just found out tonight that Len Kabasinski is from the town I live in and there is going to be a showing of his new movie Hellcat's Revenge at a local hole in the wall movie theater on Friday. I think I'm going to go.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
God, asking them to have a hot take on the Joss Whedon thing is just embarrassing considering half the chat is that GG crowd anyway. :p

Cheerilee

They must of read your post. Because Jack and Rich just told you to hold their beer.

Eh, the question was loaded. "Is it possible to watch Joss Whedon movies without feeling ill after learning about all the sleaze?"

And their response was "OMG, what sleaze? We've been out of the loop."

Chat answered "Cheating on his wife" and they went "Phew, that's not so bad." Jack was expecting sex-dungeon bestiality, and expressed relief that it was "just" cheating (and then caught himself dismissing it as "just" cheating). Rich was expecting pedophilia, and said that if you're going to boycott movies for cheating, your list is going to get really long, because there's a LOT of cheaters in Hollywood (and then proceeded to name a couple of them).

Both of them said it lowered their opinions of Joss Whedon as a person, but didn't really effect their opinions of his movies. It's a perfectly reasonable stance.

Shy

Eh, the question was loaded. "Is it possible to watch Joss Whedon movies without feeling ill after learning about all the sleaze?"

And their response was "OMG, what sleaze? We've been out of the loop."

Chat answered "Cheating on his wife" and they went "Phew, that's not so bad." Jack was expecting sex-dungeon bestiality, and expressed relief that it was "just" cheating (and then caught himself dismissing it as "just" cheating). Rich was expecting pedophilia, and said that if you're going to boycott movies for cheating, your list is going to get really long, because there's a LOT of cheaters in Hollywood (and then proceeded to name a couple of them).

Both of them said it lowered their opinions of Joss Whedon as a person, but didn't really effect their opinions of his movies. It's a perfectly reasonable stance.
I was referring to the Eugenics debacle. Not the Joss Whedon stuff.

NR1

zaCr9vk.jpg

Jan-Quandrant Vincent 16 suddenly seems a whole lot funnier! Can't wait to watch both Blind Fury and White Line Fever. Never seen either (or Silent Rage).

hahaha this darth maul thing is so stupid they would never do anything so du-
darth_maul_3.jpg

Oh my God. These hack frauds didn't make that up.

Also I'm slow and didn't realise the camera was pointing at the C3PO with the red hand when Mike was talking about "The same old Darth Maul but with robot legs" until quite a while.

"...Kudos for disney for taking this brave but still safe marketing decision..."
"...Disney is very inclusive... but not too inclusive!"

It's almost like they read their GAF threads and are throwing a jab at some users.
I saw it more as them stopping with the more broad jokes and doing one more folks can agree with. I.e. There is diversity but not in major roles.

Finn is the Deuteragonist so arguably its a big step for a black man to be one of the main two in a star wars role.

When I saw the notification pop up, I thought Disney released a new trailer for The Last Jedi. Searched for "the last jedi trailer" on Youtube and these hackfrauds were the first result. What a waste of time!

Top Bottom