• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit rumor: Destiny II: Forge of Hope, November 2017, [Kotaku & Bungie skeptical]

benzopil

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5syl0k/information_regarding_the_future_of_destiny/

The next installment in the DESTINY franchise will be revealed as " Destiny II: Forge of Hope".
Will be launching in Q4 2017 with an estimated window release of November 4th to November 18th.
The next installment will be launching on five platforms: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio (TBA) and PC.
Console Exclusivity will remain with PlayStation but the exclusive period will be reduced to 3 Months.
The game has a whole new engine built from the ground up with the ability for Bungie to rapidly create and ad new content to the world of Destiny.
Bungie is scheduling for an event release every 1-2 months centering around a theme similar to Overwatch while also delivering new narrative paths and new game play mechanics.

Story

The sequel will heavily focus on chronological events set after the Fall 2015 Expansion The Taken King. The cabal forces attack the city leaving the civilians and mentors of the tower defenseless. It is the guardians job to fight back the cabal and reclaim the city. While doing so the guardian will discover the long lost stories of Queen Mara Sov and The Exo Strangers motives. The story will culminate with the tower and city fighting back the Cabal empire resulting the guardian defeating the leader of the Cabal in the new Raid.

Future

Bungie is planning to release a substantial content updates for each quarter (Similar to the April Update)
Bungie already have a small team working on the first major expansion to be released in Fall 2018. Details are limited but it is aimed to be centred around the Vex and the Origins of Kabr and Praydeth.

Character transfer

Due to the new engine Bungie had to make the hard decision of previous Characters being left behind. The upside to this is the new release will have a more customization character creation including facial hair and class themed face paint and tattoos.

DKHF

If true Activision is launching two huge shooters right next to each other EA 2016 style (CoD is usually early November). Or less likely, CoD takes a year off (I highly doubt that).

I'm fine with no character transfer so everyone starts on even ground. But one thing I would like is to transfer your save to have your guardian in the story like xenoverse 2 did.

Kyoufu

I don't care about my character not transferring over so that sounds great to me.

The big question is, will it be 60fps on consoles?

Terrorblot

I'd honestly prefer characters get left behind, I've never really understood why people are so fixated on that. Sounds great, PC day 1 for sure.

New engine and no char transfer. Good. Fresh start is what it needs. They need to make sure the weapons don't essentially become a fixed point again like it was for a long time. Weapons and gear need to be left behind so the meta is ever changing.

PC awww yiss. Hopefully true.

Also pshh beards. Exo reigns supreme.

jsnepo

Bungie is scheduling for an event release every 1-2 months centering around a theme similar to Overwatch while also delivering new narrative paths and new game play mechanics.

It won't be as successful since DLC will probably be paid in Destiny's sequel.

jdstorm

Banned
Happy to hear that they fixed the engine. Hopefully that makes things a bit easier for everyone at bungie HQ

Snarky comment about the title
Forge of Hope... really. Whats next Destiny 3: Osiris Strikes Back?

THEaaron

I don't care about my character not transferring over so that sounds great to me.

The big question is, will it be 60fps on consoles?

It won't be 60 on consoles. Maybe unlocked for PRO/Scorpio.

That gunplay with fluid graphics will be addicting, for sure. Spent tons of time on PS4 and I hope they won't ruin the PC version.

In for 144hz on PC.

Aww yiss.

Acidote

If it releases on PC then I'll have to say goodbye to my PS4 buddies. But I have to do all things Iron Lords related first. Probably this Summer if I have the time.

If true Activision is launching two huge shooters right next to each other EA 2016 style (CoD is usually early November). Or less likely, CoD takes a year off (I highly doubt that).

COD and Destiny fill two completely different roles in the genre so it wont end up being like Battlefield and Titanfall.

Scrawnton

I predict Destiny 2 to have the same amount of content as Destiny did when it released and we will all be somewhat disappointed.

thuway

Nice! Pretty excited to get up on this. I am torn between purchasing on PC or PS4 mainly because nearly every one I know is playing Destiny on PS4....

DNAbro

It won't be as successful since DLC will probably be paid in Destiny's sequel.

That doesn't really make sense. They already have paid expansions and use microtransactions to make money in between them.

Also save us Jason. Reveal the truth.

For Destiny 2 I hope the focus on beautiful visuals at 30fps on console. Same route I wish Halo 5 went because Halo 5 is ugly to look at. A smooth ugly.

Hyun Sai

I'm waiting to see if the PVP is completely separated from PVE.

Don't want to see PVE stuff locked behind PVP activities and vice versa. And separate balance also.

Daemul

No character transfer? If true this means that many of us in DestinyGAF can move to PC without any worry then. I enjoyed my time playing Destiny on console, but fuck that FoV and 30FPS.

komplanen

If it's a fresh clean start, I'd be interested. I'm not going to jump in if everyone else is decked up and maxed out from a previous game.

EL CUCO

the only thing Sneak Press Jason needs to find out is if it's going to be 60fps on console.

Might pass on it otherwise.

I predict Destiny 2 to have the same amount of content as Destiny did when it released and we will all be somewhat disappointed.

Thats what I expect, they'll do the same as from TTK and flesh out content with quests that rerun you a million and one times through missions you've already done, for questionable rewards.

I love the game but theres so many problems that need fixing (and from what we've seen so far) I don't think they're even close to being on the same page as the community

Top Bottom