• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit rumor: Destiny II: Forge of Hope, November 2017, [Kotaku & Bungie skeptical]

DKHF

COD and Destiny fill two completely different roles in the genre so it wont end up being like Battlefield and Titanfall.
Destiny being much more like an MMO won't matter. There is certainly a huge amount of crossover between the audiences/potential buyers of those franchises.

martino

I love destiny but i really hope how they can create content on a different formula than the first one.
by that i mean create a hub recycle part of it in missions (then dlc mission)
this game is king at recycling

Well, no character transfer makes the decision of "do I play on PS4 again or do I buy it for PC?" really easy for me now.

I wonder if the PC rumor is true. If so I wish I could transfer my character from PC to console easily. If I'm not mistaken you can do that with Overwatch--someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Grimoire cards better transfer over.

Due to the new engine Bungie had to make the hard decision of previous Characters being left behind.
giphy.gif

thuway

I hope their new engine allows for more dynamic changes to the environment without the tom foolery the original engine had the developer team going throuhg.

Nydius

Personally I don't give a damn about my character not following into the sequel, especially given all the ups-and-downs regarding gear and weapon balancing. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make a near-faithful recreation of my blue skinned David Bowie wanna be in their new engine. However, considering they used the premise that your character would follow you for the life of the franchise as a selling point I can imagine a lot of players getting really pissed off that they will have to leave their 2 to 3 year old characters behind and build a new one (e: if these rumors are legit, of course).

E2: If this does come to pass and it also means people can't carry over the emotes and cosmetics they've bought from Eververse over the last year... wooo I imagine the hate on their community forums and Facebook page will EXPLODE.

GlamFM

Banned
It´s basically an accumulation of everything that was reported by Jason + a name that could easily be made up.

I rate this 9 out of 10 bullshits.

SPCTRE

as long as I get to bring all my then-inaccessible Emblems and Shaders and lord them over new players, I'm good

Ryuuga

Banned
Couple of things:

-Like the April Update, I hope these "substantial" content drops are free
-Glad they're working on a new engine as the old one stymied productivity
-I don't feel like it needs a subtitle and hope it's just a working title
-Glad they cut the exclusivity window down, but still salty as I'm likely getting this on PC now
-I hope expansions have enough content to justify the price this time around (sans TTK)

Daemul

Nice! Pretty excited to get up on this. I am torn between purchasing on PC or PS4 mainly because nearly every one I know is playing Destiny on PS4....
No need to worry about that man, many of us will be moving to PC anyway if the rumour is true since we're losing our characters. You'll have plenty of people to play with for sure.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'd honestly prefer characters get left behind, I've never really understood why people are so fixated on that. Sounds great, PC day 1 for sure.

One of the biggest aspects that was discussed regarding Destiny was that this was a 10 year journey with your characters.

Not being able to even as much as transfer their design is a bit disappointment for me. I very much looked forward to playing as these characters years from now.

That being said...

The next installment will be launching on five platforms: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio (TBA) and PC.

This makes the rumor sound a little fan fiction-y to me, especially since it's apparently coming from inside sources so he or she should have something of an idea as to how the consoles work.

Destiny 2 will launch on 3 platforms, not 5. Pro and Scorpio are not "different" platforms. The games for PS4 will work on both models as will games on XB1.

And Scorpio wouldn't be "TBA." If it's on Xbox One, it's on Scorpio.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
"Console Exclusivity will remain with PlayStation but the exclusive period will be reduced to 3 Months."

Good to hear if true. Damn joke getting items a year later than nerfed. Didn't some weapons from TTK get put back so it would be 2 years?

Would love it if they can atleast get PVP to 60 FPS.

Harlock

I hope raiders has a matchmaking. Did not buy any expansion because I dont have friends or time and a good part of the content were raiders.

It´s basically an accumulation of everything that was reported by Jason + a name that could easily be made up.

I agree also. I don't think it is real. But maybe we will know by the end of today.

When is this alleged conference call happening? Is this the Activision shareholder call?

thuway

No need to worry about that man, many of us will be moving to PC anyway if the rumour is true since we're losing our characters. You'll have plenty of people to play with for sure.

It's not you guys I'm worried about. My colleagues, my relatives, my best friends are all on PS4. I know maybe a handful on Xbox One, but even they decided to go to PS4 because our group played on that. Moreover, I made a ton of friends on the PSN just through Destiny it self. I'm not even a fan of online shooters, but Destiny had me embracing all aspects of online in a way I hadn't since Diablo 2.

..... Worst of all- none of these people own a gaming PC, and I double they'll be making a herculean effort of building a rig just to dance with me.

This is one of those moments where I'm praying the PS4 Pro port is awesome and / or Cross Play is a thing.

vivekTO

All is good , i need to look at it in detail , but the subtitle is unnecessary . Just call it Destiny 2 , that is sufficient in my opinion.

Won't believe anything until Press Sneak Fuck chimes in. If true about losing characters that sucks but it's for the better and improved the qol then I'm for it.

Exactly.

I'm kinda ok with everything if true, except, if changing the engine kills Titan Skating i'm done with this game.

jdstorm

Banned
Pity Destiny 2 isnt rumoured be coming to Switch. The Local Co-op concept is practically perfect for Destiny.

lmao yeah. we've known almost everything in that post for months. the only "new" bit is the name, so it's probably bs.

phen0m24

New engine sounds great - glad they opted to go that route

While I kinda dislike the Cabal (dang those shields) it'll be fun regardless

If there's no armor telemetry though... !!???

Can't wait.

It won't be the same without DrDrizzay101 though (sad face) Miss ya, buddy.

Acidote

New engine sounds great - glad they opted to go that route

While I kinda dislike the Cabal (dang those shields) it'll be fun regardless

If there's no armor telemetry though... !!???

Can't wait.

It won't be the same without DrDrizzay101 though (sad face) Miss ya, buddy.

I hope they honor Boguester somehow in a meaningful way.

The dream would be if Bungie allows me to play on both PC and consoles using the same character and carry progression across platforms.

I don't get not doing character transfers. Wasn't that supposed to be one of the core tenets of this franchise going forward?

KORNdoggy

if it has a well crafted, curated story of a decent length akin to halo, i'll be on board. if it's a disjointed mess like the first game i'm out.

zelas

Everything sounds alright to me except the story stuff. That synopsis sounds like one of an expansion with limited content/environmental variety. Monthly events aren't going to make up for that. Hope I'm wrong, really want a reason to play Destiny again.

Top Bottom