• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit rumor: Destiny II: Forge of Hope, November 2017, [Kotaku & Bungie skeptical]

phen0m24

I hope they honor Boguester somehow in a meaningful way.

Also like others mentioned this is obviously fake because it excludes the leading console platform: Switch.

Maybe a helpful, minor NPC known as "Doc"

<3 ya guys

A handcannon called The Doctor

Or a legend of a guardian that tried to take on the Templar singlehandedly...

Drizzay's Twitter handle was TemplarSolo and his unfulfilled dream was to take down the Templar by himself

GlamFM

Banned
That's a real good one. With NeoGaf's color scheme perhaps or if he had a go to color-palette (though I don't see how Bungie would know)

Thanks. Hopefully someone summarizes the call fast

I will tune in and post any relevant info ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YoJjdEBv8

b45e101616b5f91bcb14c06a9455883b.jpg

bungie pls

They straight Todd Howarded it.

jeffram

Why do they not want to talk about the trailer at all? It's the single most interesting story element they have. All the pre-release marking made it seem the story would centre around the traveler, but nothing the main game, the DLCs, or this rumours plot for D2 shared a single insight into it.

Warring factions is a forgettable story. Lean into what's interesting Bungie...

GlamFM

Banned
Bungie doesn't do small paid expansion content for Destiny anymore. The yearly expansions are paid, but the inbetween content is free. I expect this to work the same way.

30FPS on PS4/XB1. 60FPS (or unlocked) on Pro/Scorpio/PC.

Would give PRO / SCORPIO users a huge MP advantage. So no.

PC, sure.

Dargor

Hope they do something to make for not being able to get your char transfered. Its a real bummer for me :(

Bungie doesn't do small paid expansion content for Destiny anymore. The yearly expansions are paid, but the inbetween content is free. I expect this to work the same way.

30FPS on PS4/XB1. 60FPS (or unlocked) on Pro/Scorpio/PC.
I doubt it. Pro/Scorpio will probably just be higher res, better AF, a few better settings.

Might be unlocked on PC tho.

GlamFM

Banned
Do you think we'll get some info about Destiny 2 at this? Maybe "launching this year" or something like that?

100%.

They "announced" Destiny 2 there last year.

If the planed release window has changed they will have to communicate this to their investors. If not they will just confirm it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Do you think we'll get some info about Destiny 2 at this? Maybe "launching this year" or something like that?

It's nearly impossible that "Destiny 2" isn't at least mentioned as a game coming out in the next Activision fiscal year.

If it isn't mentioned at all, there are clearly some big issues with development.

Meh more like this

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/08/destiny-2-characters-carry-over/

ungie’s already talking about its Destiny sequel, and it’s confirmed that progress from the original game will carry over.

The shared-world first-person shooter only launched three months ago, but developer Bungie’s already making the first sequel in a franchise it hopes will span 10 years. Community manager David Dague told IGN that player characters from Destiny will transfer over to the sequel when it releases, giving hardcore players another reason to stick with the franchise as it expands.

Boke1879

Gonna be real interested in destiny 2. Character transfer doesn't bother me. Everyone on the same playing field. If this catches my eye it'll be Destiny 2, RDR2 and Battlefront 2 as my main MP games.

Man, I really want this to be good, but I'm one of those sad sacks that felt just super burned by Destiny and hasn't gotten over it. Probably gonna wait for a sale/complete edition.

I will say though, lack of character transfer actually makes me a little more hopeful? I guess it's that if they're not tied down to the things I hate about Destiny 1 there's a real chance I may enjoy this one.

HarryKS

Going off the rumours, they might as well make it free-to-play since they're telling you you're not getting the full item without paying for more. That's very annoying.

Švejk

I completely missed out on D1, because I thought I'd just wait for D2... but they just kept on releasing one expansion after another! ...Bout time for some D2 info! The rumors all sound legitimate. Especially the new engine. Seems that's an obvious necessity.

This will be the game I'll commit to at the time. (As I seriously doubt that either Cyberpunk 2044, Death Stranding or Dragon's Dogma 2 will be even remote close to releasing when this launches.)

Ambitious

Thats what I expect, they'll do the same as from TTK and flesh out content with quests that rerun you a million and one times through missions you've already done, for questionable rewards.

I love the game but theres so many problems that need fixing (and from what we've seen so far) I don't think they're even close to being on the same page as the community

And they'll probably recycle a shitload of content from Destiny 1 too.

Dargor

If they make it 60fps, I think it might end up looking worse than Destiny 1 on OG PS4 and XOne.

I'm sure they will. It sucks but I'm ready for a clean break.

I'm really not :( My Hunter, she was awesome! Spent way too much time with her for me to just say goodbye ;)

The story will culminate with the tower and city fighting back the Cabal empire resulting the guardian defeating the leader of the Cabal in the new Raid.

I'm not thrilled about having to do a raid to finish the bloody campaign.

The comment about the "5 platforms" makes it seem fake to me, but in any case I expected it in 2017 at some point anyway. The narrative talked about here aligns with the content that never released from the leaked Destiny 1 slide a while back.

opricnik

Banned
have a small team working on the first major expansion to be released in Fall 2018. Details are li
"

How about you announce game and finish that first. Goddamn idiots

Sizzel

For whatever Destiny was or wasn't overall, it was still one of the best vidya experiences I have ever had. I spent more hours in that game than any other and met the best group of people. I sincerely doubt with out those folks I would have played that much or that long, but great community and great times...even if a lot of it was spent playing and bitching about Bungie and the game;)I am psyched it is coming to PC and I hope Destiny 2 fully realizes the promise of Destiny even if I may not have the time to really ever go back..the game could be almost GOAT if they nail it. I detest FPS as a genre and I still spent over 1k hours in I put it down for good after the whole prison of elders and the first void damage week

No more Russia . Needs completely new planets and lots of them . Also needs way more strikes etc

Still keen to jump back in though

<3 ya guys

A handcannon called The Doctor

Or a legend of a guardian that tried to take on the Templar singlehandedly...

Drizzay's Twitter handle was TemplarSolo and his unfulfilled dream was to take down the Templar by himself

Not trying to be a debbie downer but we should have done something ourselves instead of trusting the word of others.

TsuWave

they should at least let you take some of the emblems from Destiny 1 as proof you're a seasoned guardian/veteran. Or do what they did with the moments of triumph and offer a shader and emblem combo to destiny year 1 guardians.

I wanna keep my vigilant disciple emblem because it's so clean.

I'm not thrilled about having to do a raid to finish the bloody campaign.

I can't remember Bungie ever giving out even such vague info concerning an upcoming raid especially this far out thus I'm not quite sure about this "rumor."

That said, you essentially finished The Dark Below story by defeating Crota in Crota's End and The Taken King story by defeating Oryx in the King's Fall raid.

Top Bottom