• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redditor claims MS employees monitoring Reddit; making positive posts about the Xbox1

weevles

At some point, there will be threads with no real users, just shills arguing with each other about which product is best. :p

Coolwhip

Banned
I'd almost feel sorry for MS. They were on top of the gaming world with the 360 and now... wow. Then I remember what they are doing with the Xbone and I remember why I don't feel sorry for them.

Microsoft gaming and Phone and Skype divisions aren't in the same area, never mind building.

Stop reputation managing, Frank.

But yeah, this is what I was talking about in my post. Microsoft may or may not be doing this, but evidence is required before we should start cracking down on all but the most obvious cases.

In the "there's a defense force for everything" category:

I don't care.

MS is a company with a lot of money and a lot of money to spend on advertisements. if they're not violating the reddit TOS... who cares?

I'm pretty sure not being a lying corporate tool completely undermining conversation is somewhere in the ToS.

Binabik15

A few years ago there was a guy in OT that tried to sell Facebook likes (or trying to get such a service running, I'm fuzzy on that). Trust nobody.

Beardz

I my past job I was the e-commerce manager of the company, being on facebook and twitter answering questions and interacting with the users wasn't part of my job, but I did it because that was the way for me to know more about our users and costumers.

My mantra was "every comment and question must be answered".

At first my boss and the higher-ups were worry about the negative comments "You should delete them" they used to tell me, and my answer was "why?, why don't we ask ourselves about why that costumer / user is complaining?"

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

I hate all this corporate bullshit, I fucking hate when companies forget they are who they are because of us the customers.

Every business must try to make their customers happy, not the shareholders, because the shareholders win money because of US too.

Fuck!

jtb

Banned
In the "there's a defense force for everything" category:

I'm pretty sure not being a lying corporate tool completely undermining conversation is somewhere in the ToS.

hey, if it's in the ToS, then it's in the ToS and they will not be missed. that post is more in response to all the outrage

guek

Banned
Makes me wonder if SneakyStephan is one of the marketing fellows who is disseminating false information knowing it wont matter one bit if he's banned since he's just doing his job.

I know that's a not-so-subtle accusation but I'm just thinking out loud, not trying to point fingers.

This isn't unique to gaming, or to MS. This is a fact of life in the internet age for all types of products and services.

Doesn't make it outstanding, but it's barely remarkable at this point. I have friends in non-gaming PR who specialize in social media promotion and basically seeding the web with positive "natural word-of-mouth" for all kinds of products and services and campaigns and the like. It's Marketing 101 now.

CzQvq16.png

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-inte...e-changed/?mod=wsj_streaming_latest-headlines

That guy has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

kurbaan

Banned
How do you mean?

Microsoft has at least dozens of buildings in the Redmond area alone. Skype and Windows Phone are not even in the same area. Windows Phone division alone has several buildings. So the post quoted in the OP sounds like BS to me.

Microsoft has a pretty strict policy against Astro Turfing for employees.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
By the time they register here most of them will be banned anyways.

bUt Yeah, this type of stuff is eXactly what's wrong with Business, if yOu caN't trust thE consumer why bother making the product?

You forgot to capitalize the B in bUt in your subliminal message, good try though!

Nikodemos

"We are partnering exclusively with AT&T...."
Reportedly it was just derisive laughter.

Anyway, with the amount of MS staffers, paid stand-ins and piped cheering/applause, whatever boos there might occur would be quickly drowned in the background.

Boss Man

Guys all I'm saying is that Xbox One will deliver an incredible next generation experience only possible with the power of Xbox Live®. In addition to being an extraordinary gaming device, it will also provide entertainment synergy throughout your entire living room with Kinect® technology.

Xbox is also the only place where you can play titles like Forza, Halo, Gears of War, and many others.

I don't trust the random redditor, but I am pretty damn sure this kind of stuff is happening a lot right now. Be wary of juniors!

Replicant

That explains the large number of downvoting on the article about the boycott.

Also, we've seen quite a large number of them here on GAF.

Roto13

Though they all do that. They all run "Win a trip to E3!" type contests.

Nah, those contests don't have enough winners to make a lot of noise. Those people are paid.

I'm not saying the other guys don't do it too, though. The Microsoft thing, when they kept showing the audience and you could hear the cheering and look at all the stone faces that didn't match, is the first time I've ever really noticed it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
When the robots take all the real jobs this is what will be left for us humans, we'll all just be working for different marketing companies, arguing points of view even though there's no one impartial left to care.

Top Bottom