• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: Nintendo will have a big E3 this year.

Maxinas

Monster hunter 5, Pokemon, Animal Crossing 2018, Metroid 2018.

Boom, Switch will have outsold the Wii U before next March.

Bring Nintendo World Championships back, that's all I really wanna see.

Edit: Also Reggie you better not leave the 3DS to die before you bring Monster Hunter Stories and Dragon Quest 11 over.

I think nintendo is gonna load up the switch with heavy hitters right away to gain a large user base and get 3rd party's onboard. I still think retros game is coming this year. If not it will be the longest they've gone without releasing a game.

Nintendo have for 3DS:

Pikmin 3DS
Ever Oasis
Fire Emblem Warriors (only on New 3DS)

And the western trademark for Miitopia.

Those are likely the vast majority of their E3 focus on 3DS, I bet we'll see just one, MAYBE two new games, preferably not. Hopefully Ever Oasis is now cross-gen with Switch at the very least (preferably canned for 3DS and just rebuilt for Switch). Never made sense to make that a 3DS-exclusive, though it was obviously supposed to be out earlier.

Speely

Banned
I think nintendo is gonna load up the switch with heavy hitters right away to gain a large user base and get 3rd party's onboard. I still think retros game is coming this year. If not it will be the longest they've gone without releasing a game.

I agree about Retro's game this year. If it's not a holiday release, I will eat someone's 3DS cartridge.

3DS
Fire Emblem Warriors
Pikmin 3DS
Ever Oasis
New game

Switch
Smash port
Pokémon stars? Usually never announced at E3
Retros game
Metroid
Rabbids X Yoshi RPG
Mother 3
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
GC VC games
Fire Emblem Warriors
Skyrim Rumble Edition
New IP- could be Retros game
Animal Crossing

You heard it right here first folks. Give or take two games.

GamerJM

Banned
This E3 really is do or die for Nintendo. I'm hyped.

I'm totally cool if it's a Direct and kind of hope it's one honestly, as someone who's always been lukewarm on the idea of Nintendo doing one over a stage show, their January 2017 Switch reveal didn't fill me with confidence that they're totally solid at the stage show format.

Jerm411

Gimme a full fledged AC Switch game and I'll be happy on that alone...many the ideas running through my head. Already hyped beyond belief lol....

I bet they're gonna kill it this year. They've been quiet for far too long and the January event left a little to be desired in terms of the number of new game announcements.

On a side note, they *never* leave out an opportunity to mention the 3DS, do they?

3DS
Fire Emblem Warriors
Pikmin 3DS
Ever Oasis
New game

Switch
Smash port
Pokémon stars? Usually never announced at E3
Retros game
Metroid
Rabbids X Yoshi RPG
Mother 3
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
GC VC games
Fire Emblem Warriors
Skyrim Rumble Edition
New IP- could be Retros game
Animal Crossing

You heard it right here first folks. Give or take two games.

Gosh, that Switch list would make me so freaking happy. Stop making me dream dammit.

tsundoku

I swear to god if they announce any 3DS exclusives
You mean aside from
Monster hunter after XX
The Pokemon sun/mo 3rd game
ever oasis
fe echoes
more content for new leaf and happy home designer
more dlc characters for smash 3ds only
more money to spend on garbage badge gashapon and street pass garbage

etc etc /constructs metanarrative

Brofield

Well, I certainly hope they can deliver. I keep telling my friends to wait until October to get a Switch, and if by then it can't be justified, my Switch might become the console that has even fewer friends than my Wii U.

Speely

Banned
As much as I would welcome Retro doing a new Metroid or DK game, I am mostly hoping to see what they could do with a completely original IP. Considering Nintendo's focus on new IPs of late, I am gonna go ahead and say I think Retro's new game will be a new IP.

Metroid will be outsourced to a third party dev.

Croteam

jdstorm

Banned
Switch games expected this year

Firstparty
Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon 2, FE Warriors,Xenoblade 2 and Mario Oddessey are confirmed with Pokemon Stars, Smash Bros, Retro's new project and Zelda GOTY edition likely to be announced.

3rd party
Lego City Undercover (Port)
Steep
Yooka laylee
FIFA
NBA2K
Portable Skyrim.
Monster Hunter next

Throw in a few unannounced holiday titles and thats a pretty good first year for the switch (Probably by Ubisoft and Square)

It's been 3 years for retro. Even at their size that's time for something pretty big. Another DK game would be pretty lame with that long of a wait

lol, people are still buying them though and adding to its already massive install base. And there's STILL unannounced games for it. I expect to be blown away for both the 3DS and Switch

There will be new games but the whole point of Switch is to simplify development and not be split over so many systems. I wouldn't expect anything major.

antonz

I've said it before when people say E3 is not important.

E3 is as alive and important as the companies have stuff in development. When they have shit to show they downplay E3 and how its really not that important anymore. When they have a ton of shit suddenly everybody is on about how great E3 is.

D_prOdigy

Damn, I've just simultaneously gone through hype and overhype, have bypassed disappointment, and already working through bargaining.

Top Bottom