• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release dates for upcoming Nintendo games in Japan (Super Mario Collection announced)

TreIII

Please be "And World". Would like to see Yoshi's Island, as well (especially since it's not on VC), but I at least want it to be "And World". :lol

Linkhero1

TreIII said:
Please be "And World". Would like to see Yoshi's Island, as well (especially since it's not on VC), but I at least want it to be "And World". :lol
It isn't? I could have sworn I've seen it on the VC. o_O

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Well, always cooler than downloading them on the VC (retail > digital all things being equal for me), but I wish Nintendo would be a bit more generous on this one. As it stands, this collection will live or die by the boxart, the overall quality of the packaging and the bonuses. The collection isn't really worth it by itself as far as I'm concerned :/.

TreIII

Linkhero1 said:
It isn't? I could have sworn I've seen it on the VC. o_O

Nope. And likely won't ever, for the same reason that the original Star Fox won't: the VC SNES emulator seemingly can't do FX emulation to the perfection that Nintendo demands.

Fine if Nintendo wants to abide by that, but all the same, I want to play the original version of YI again. :lol

butter_stick said:
Please be remakes.

I'm not buying a disc of NES and SNES ROMS, but I'd love something graphically revamped.
I doubt another set of full-scale remakes with extras would be a half-price game, though.

Boney

Banned
Shig said:
I highly doubt the situation is much different elsewhere.
Yeah, I think so too... Maybe they don't buy digital games.

The thing is, they want to get more of that NSMBWii action. Fo shizzle.

Gameboy415

Emonga said:
1004004010359364.jpg

JADS said:
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/games/super-mario-bros-1-2-3/1004004010359364/index.html
Basically its a collaboration between Bol.com, local online store which is comparable to Amazon, and Nintendo Benelux. It's just a Wii point card (2000) in a fancy box.

I.....kinda want this!

But I can't understand the language of the web-store...:lol

BJWanlund

If it was just All-Stars wouldn't it be a better fit to just throw it on the VC?

Hopefully there's more to it than that. Maybe it'll end up better closer to the Advance versions of each game? Ehhh dunno how I feel about that. I kind of like having my early Mario games without all the "WAHOO" and "YIPPIE" and "MAMMA MIA" and so on and so forth. I can't even play the GBA version of Yoshi's Island cause it gives me nightmares about Smash Brothers Melee.
I must be the only one who liked those noises emanating from my GBA. ;)

Seriously though, they advanced (pun TOTALLY not intended) the games in my book, and I think they could either re-use that and then have the option of turning it off (for 99.99% of the hardcore Nintendo fanbase :lol ).

I might be able to work some sources to see what's going on with regards to NoA's plans for releasing this over here (it BETTER NOT be like MPT where it was a limited time dealie, that wasn't cool at all). No guarantees though.

BJ

BJWanlund

Also, there's a whole can of worms they could do if SMAS Wii comes out here. Like, say, a Mario Party collection (unless Nintendo really does want everyone to forget about all the fun times with Mario Party).

BJ

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gameboy415 said:
I.....kinda want this!

But I can't understand the language of the web-store...:lol
Don't do it, its just a fancy box. I am doubtful it even has a manual :lol

sfog

mariosbrother said:
Erm. I own these. Both sets that were released. Is there something else?

There were additional cards released in Japan that weren't in the US, plus the e-Reader wasn't released in Europe, so anyone there would've missed out on them entirely.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I hope these are new remakes... I don't want the original versions or the SNES All-Star versions again.

The box comes with VC codes for SMB1/2/3, and the soundtrack is on the "game" disc, along with some bonus content.

Take that used games market!

BJWanlund

sfog said:
There were additional cards released in Japan that weren't in the US, plus the e-Reader wasn't released in Europe, so anyone there would've missed out on them entirely.

Yeah, and I missed out on the vast majority of these delightful e-reader cards anyway, and that'd make the beating of the game a LOT easier.

BJ

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So is it confirmed that Super Mario Collection is just a box with keys to download the games on VC?

m.i.s.

Banned
Surely this has to be SMB1,2,3,Lost Levels using the NSMB Wii engine?!?!?! Otherwise, what's the point?

Not even Nintendo would just dump SNES ROMs onto a DVD? Would they?!?!?!

M.I.S. said:
Surely this has to be SMB1,2,3,Lost Levels using the NSMB Wii engine?!?!?! Otherwise, what's the point?

edit: it was relased in japan :(

nevertheless I think it's some kind of fan service without using the NSMB Wii engine

M.I.S. said:

They sold NES roms on GBA carts, why not? And they weren't even compilations.

This is just a special release to put out a product for his anniversary, anyway. It won't even be for sale after 2010, so it's just a gimmick thing. It's not a remake or anything.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Well, for only 2500 yen it certainly can't be any sort of remake of ALL of All-Stars.

Or of anything for that matter. For only 2500 yen. :/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cocopjojo said:
Well, for only 2500 yen it certainly can't be any sort of remake of ALL of All-Stars.

Or of anything for that matter. For only 2500 yen. :/
Seriously. They could sell ONLY the history booklet and the soundtrack for 2500 yen. :lol

EDIT: I had to go reread the Japanese blurbs more carefully. :D

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Gamesradar is reporting that it's SMB1, 2 (US and Japan!), and 3. And the soundtrack covers everything from SMB1 to Galaxy 2. Or so they say. Again I say - 2500 yen? 0.o

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Can someone summarize for me if this game is coming to the US and if it's the SNES remakes of Mario 1, 2 & 3. I've been holding off on the VC games because I considered these versions superior. If they aren't coming, this may make my first import. Are Wii games region locked?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MadOdorMachine said:
Can someone summarize for me if this game is coming to the US and if it's the SNES remakes of Mario 1, 2 & 3. I've been holding off on the VC games because I considered these versions superior. If they aren't coming, this may make my first import. Are Wii games region locked?

not announced, unknown, yes

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bebpo said:
woaaaaaah

If this is something beyond a port it could be cool. Wonder if they could remake SMB1-3 on the NSMB Wii engine with 4p coop for all.

smb1.png

smb2.png

smb3.png

smw.png

;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MadOdorMachine said:
Thanks. Hopefully they announce a US version.

If they don't, it is possible to run JPN games on a US Wii using homebrew and GAF is very helpful at getting people set up, so consider that.

So, is Super Mario Collection just ports? I can't understand why would they release straight ports of Super Mario All Stars game when people can buy them from VC.

The NSMBWii engine is done already, how much would it cost to remake those games? :0

WillyFive

I would think this has upgraded graphics. A direct port of Super Mario All-Stars would be kinda a rip-off even at that price.

m.i.s.

Banned
MadOdorMachine said:
Thanks. Hopefully they announce a US version.

I suspect the All-Stars versions are poised for release in the west in time for Xmas 2010 on the Virtual Console?

Top Bottom