• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release dates for upcoming Nintendo games in Japan (Super Mario Collection announced)

CaVaYeRo

They'll have an exhibition in Madrid for this 25 Anniversary called 'Once Upon a Time in Super Mario': http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/...-celebra-25-aniversario-super-mario-5476.html

mario_art_3.jpg

Art works from artists around the world and Mushroom Kingdom characters-based robots walking around the showfloor 0_O

Miyamoto's Way is a section dedicated to the man and they'll catch and screen people's Art Academy Mario drawings on the ceiling :D

Central de Diseño del Matadero de Madrid, 9 sept - 3 oct. Anyone is-a-going?

Willy105 said:
I would think this has upgraded graphics. A direct port of Super Mario All-Stars would be kinda a rip-off even at that price.
I wouldn't be too sure of that at all. Super Mario Collection for the SFC goes for 4000 yen in used shops. This release includes a soundtrack and a book for 2500. I think they'll get away with it clean.

duckroll

Willy105 said:
I would think this has upgraded graphics. A direct port of Super Mario All-Stars would be kinda a rip-off even at that price.

Why would it be a ripoff at that price? It has 4 classic games, a soundtrack with selected tracks from every Mario game from the original up to Galaxy 2, and it has a booklet celebrating the history of the Mario franchise. It's basically a Mario collector's package. 2500yen is a pretty good price for that.

swerve

They could release a Mario 25th Anniversary Wii and sell it for 30,000 yen and I'd bite. So releasing all-stars with a book and CD for the price of a used boxed copy of the SF version in Japan is a good deal.

DonMigs85

Nintendo will never release a big-ass compilation like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection will they? Imagine having tons of NES/SNES 1st party classics on one disc.

DonMigs85 said:
Nintendo will never release a big-ass compilation like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection will they? Imagine having tons of NES/SNES 1st party classics on one disc.
No, the closest you'll ever get to that is Animal Crossing on the GC, and they went back on that idea pretty fast.

Segata Sanshiro said:
No, the closest you'll ever get to that is Animal Crossing on the GC, and they went back on that idea pretty fast.

Yup - in fact, I think it was yourself who noted that they have been bloody careful to maintain the value of their catalogue (even guff like the old NES sports titles) unlike many other companies with back catalogues going back a few years.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Guevara said:
I'll take ten copies if you get rid of the pixel smoothing filter.

Ahem.
2gwrvqu.png

20sjas1.png

2vj7i38.png

(from the same thread as the earlier pic . . . my attempt at rescuing our eyes from the horrible graphics filter...)

TreIII

Segata Sanshiro said:
I wouldn't be too sure of that at all. Super Mario Collection for the SFC goes for 4000 yen in used shops. This release includes a soundtrack and a book for 2500. I think they'll get away with it clean.

Then again, it's still not that hard, or that costly, to acquire the Mario Advance games, as well as a means to play them. Anything ranging from your choice of GBA, DS/Lite or a GameCube equipped with a GB Player, will do just fine in that area.

In that respect, it's basically the "Mega Man Zero Collection" thing all over again. Sure, the price for Nintendo's new collection is reasonable, and includes a few niceties at that. But the bottom-line is that there is a possibility that a good number of people still have decent (and more over, fairly recent) means to play the games in this collection, by way of last gen hardware.

There's got to be something else in this package deal that Ninty has in store, that will sweeten the deal beyond just something that collectors will appreciate. Even if it's just the small thing of confirming all of the E-Reader Mario 3 levels/extras as part of the package deal, it would at least be something that would give this Collection a bit more in the way of "oomph", in my opinion.

Top Bottom