• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013

Parley

Banned
Yeah he tweeted about taking sleeping tablets and how it wouldn't kill him the night he died.

If he had sleep apnea while he took sleeping tablets he probably stopped breathing in the night but because he was knocked out with tablets he didn't wake up gasping for air.

I am a medical professional that deals with this a great deal. I believe I was one of the the first people in this thread to bring up obstructive sleep apnea as a potential cause of death.

Most likely, he simply forgot to put his CPAP on. Maybe something like just getting married and going on a honeymoon or something and he forgot it. Something as simple as exhaustion could play a large role also.

If you are somebody who snores, is overweight, often feels fatigued, has observed periods of apnea go and seek a medical professional. It may save your life and it will also drastically improve your quality of life and help avoid complications like heart failure.

White_sox

Wow, I can't believe it has been two years. Ryan was the man, and I genuinely miss him. No disrespect to the current staff of GB, but my interest has waned ever since the passing of Ryan. The new people are by no means bad, but Ryan's personality was an essential part of what I loved about the website.

I originally followed GB for Jeff, and going back to the GS days I felt Ryan's taste in games was a little too eclectic for me. As time grew on, I really started to appreciate his love of all of the quirky, weird titles that few people in the game industry would even acknowledge.

I guess you don't realize how much you enjoy something until it's gone. :'(

Top Bottom