• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

Anderson mentioned he invited her back [after it was found she lied on numerous fronts] and she declined.

Hahaha what a coward. The whole Trump team can really dish it out but cannot take anything at all.

Hopefully other networks, or even next time she gets on CNN someone calls her out on it.

What was Kelly Anne lying about on Cooper and how was it debunked?

Many lies:

Top amongst them...

She denied Trump was ever briefed by intel community regarding Kompromat on the previous Friday when Trump met with Intel Chiefs...as CNN had claimed there was a 2 page Addendum talking about Kompromat. Clapper, a few hours later, had to come forward to turn away Conway's lie. Trump was briefed on that aspect.

On numerous occasions claimed CNN was culpable for releasing and talking about the 35 page dossier version of Komproma. They never did talk the details...just the fact that Trump and Obama/Biden were briefed..."What could this mean?" was the extent of their coverage.

She had a 25 minute debate with Anderson Cooper...and not one of her points was true. She lied for a good 15 minutes plus(her amount of time talking). Hasn't been heard from since no one wants her on because she's a Russian Propagandist.

Many lies:

Top amongst them...

She denied Trump was ever briefed by intel community regarding Kompromat on the previous Friday when Trump met with Intel Chiefs...as CNN had claimed. Clapper, a few hours later, had to come forward to turn away Conway's lie. Trump was briefed on that aspect.

On numerous occasions claimed CNN was culpable for releasing and talking about the 35 page dossier. They never did.

She had a 25 minute debate with Anderson Cooper...and not one of her points was true. She lied for a good 15 minutes plus(her amount of time talking). Hasn't been heard from since no one wants her on because she's a Russian Propagandist.

She needs to be blocked from the media community at large and remain so.

She needs to be blocked from the media community at large and remain so.

Sean Spicer does also and he's going to be in charge of talking to the press if Trump takes office. He's full of shit. He also threatended to throw out Jim Acosta from Trump's presser after Trump called him fake news.

RDreamer

Sean Spicer does also and he's going to be in charge of talking to the press if Trump takes office. He's full of shit. He also threatended to throw out Jim Acosta from Trump's presser after Trump called him fake news.

We can probably make this easier and list anyone connected with Trump who isn't full of shit:

Its been a long fucking week. All of this new and explosive information. A lot of smoke.. Expecting a fire soon...

I personally don't know if I want to be optimistic, if I really think it is best for us to know that most if not all of this ties together and truly brings down this incoming administration. While I understand most of us here would want more than anything to see the Trump team and the GOP fall for what appears to be high treason I am afraid the consequences of such a thing are too big to even comprehend.

Lets say for the sake of argument that these allegations turn out to be true, that Trump is truly a Russian puppet, and his campaign for the most part was orchestrated from the highest levels of the Russian Government. The Russian Government was able to influence the American Election in a way to install their agent. Wouldn't that basically mean we would be at war with Russia?

If even half of this turns out to be true, we wouldn't be in a Cold War 2.0...We would probably be in a real war with an old enemy. At a time were our country could not be more divided. Probably with an Executive branch in complete shambles(Trump impeached, Pence probably taken down with him...)

Some scary times ahead, any way you slice it.

This is the most scary part of Trump going down. If he gets thrown out then democracy somewhat failed us and the curtain on government is perpetually open. It truly might be best to just hope it's only four years and hope not too much gets done.

Xtyle

This is the most scary part of Trump going down. If he gets thrown out then democracy somewhat failed us and the curtain on government is perpetually open. It truly might be best to just hope it's only four years and hope not too much gets done.

not really. If we don't clean house how are other nations going to trust us? And how can they be sure we will be OK next election?l

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I think that would be a valuable learning experience for all involved.

Whatever happens, I have little doubt that 2016 will be remembered as the beginning of a new era when it comes to politics.

Slime

Banned
The problem is, I think a significant chunk of the US just doesn't think Trump cozying up to Russia is a big deal. These people are so "anti-establishment," they graduated from Fox News and started watching RT instead. While the rest of us were watching in horror as Russia persecuted the LGBT community and threw Pussy Riot in jail, these people were cheering Putin on and wishing America would adopt the same strongarm tactics against the ~PC SJW libtards~ they hate so much. They saw Obama's Syria strategy as weak, so they got in Putin and Assad's corner, because that way they'd kill all the brown people faster.

The writing has been on the wall since Obama's first term. A huge chunk of America has been fetishizing Russia as some sort of hypercapitalist anti-liberal utopia for years. They legitimately see Trump as a hero right now.

Zereta

The problem is, I think a significant chunk of the US just doesn't think Trump cozying up to Russia is a big deal. These people are so "anti-establishment," they graduated from Fox News and started watching RT instead. While the rest of us were watching in horror as Russia persecuted the LGBT community and threw Pussy Riot in jail, these people were cheering Putin on and wishing America would adopt the same strongarm tactics against the ~PC SJW libtards~ they hate so much. They saw Obama's Syria strategy as weak, so they got in Putin and Assad's corner, because that way they'd kill all the brown people faster.

The writing has been on the wall since Obama's first term. A huge chunk of America has been fetishizing Russia as some sort of hypercapitalist anti-liberal utopia for years. They legitimately see Trump as a hero right now.

I think what the people think is irrelevant at this point. If enough people in the government and IC care enough to investigate and get to the bottom of this, they will do the work needed. Members of the public who choose to be ignorant will here about it when they hear about it.

Slime

Banned
I think what the people think is irrelevant at this point. If enough people in the government and IC care enough to investigate and get to the bottom of this, they will do the work needed. Members of the public who choose to be ignorant will here about it when they hear about it.

That's assuming they're still in any position to do anything about it once he takes power. I can't shake this sinking feeling that the IC knows something is going on, but can't actually get their hands on actionable evidence, so this is all mostly a loud and theatrical way of saying "please stay vigilant, we'd love to do something about it, but we're probably going to disappear in a week."

When the government is stacked with Trump's cronies and Congress is packed with spineless Republicans too terrified to risk being primaried by their neo-fascist constituents for holding Trump to account, I don't have much faith that this isn't just going to conveniently blow over and get buried after the inauguration. Save for some kind of public leak or smoking gun, I think we're fucked for the time being.

Davide

We have the senate committee now which Trump can't stop and spy agencies around the world looking into this. I don't think this is getting buried anytime soon.

BowieZ

Banned
We have the senate committee now which Trump can't stop and spy agencies around the world looking into this. I don't think this is getting buried anytime soon.
Yup. Russia simply has too many enemies (and rightfully so) for this to go away.

This is on the brink of becoming -- cautiously speaking -- the biggest international crisis and scandal since the invasion of Iraq.

So if Trump is guilty of anything, it will be known. That is a comfort no matter how it pans out.

faisal233

Yup. Russia simply has too many enemies (and rightfully so) for this to go away.

This is on the brink of becoming -- cautiously speaking -- the biggest international crisis and scandal since the invasion of Iraq.

So if Trump is guilty of anything, it will be known. That is a comfort no matter how it pans out.

Even if I suspend reality and act like it's all false, I'll take great pleasure in seeing king birthers presidency delegitimized.

faisal233

Let's hope lil Marco sees political gain in taking down Trump. Just need 1 GOP senator on our side in the committee. Too bad McCain isn't on it.

mid83

Any sane person that doesn't see the connection between russia and trump is just plain stupid at this point

I mentioned earlier on this thread I've been discussing this with some Trump supporters I know. Everything I bring up is branded as fake news (or Obama people attempting to screw over Trump on the way out) not to mention in accused of being called a liberal idiot who is bringing shame to his college degree (hint...I'm not even liberal). Of course I'm also told to get over it.

The point is that Trump supporters will just ignore any evidence put in front of them. It's fake news or crybaby liberals in Obama's administration. I've also been told that every mainstream media organization (CNN, NBC, ABC, NYT, WaPo etc...) are all fake news. Unless it comes from Fox or Breitbart, it won't be believed. Then again, even if it comes from Fox it's passed off as being some liberal at Fox (usually Shepard Smith) who has an agenda to lie. So even then it still won't be believed. This goes for most Trump supporters in my experience.

Dartastic

The more that I come to the realization that this very well may be true, the more I realize how insane this is. Someone was so racist and so angry that a black man became president that he began working with a foreign power to become President and destroy his legacy. Wow.

ErichWK

I mentioned earlier on this thread I've been discussing this with some Trump supporters I know. Everything I bring up is branded as fake news (or Obama people attempting to screw over Trump on the way out) not to mention in accused of being called a liberal idiot who is bringing shame to his college degree (hint...I'm not even liberal). Of course I'm also told to get over it.

The point is that Trump supporters will just ignore any evidence put in front of them. It's fake news or crybaby liberals in Obama's administration. I've also been told that every mainstream media organization (CNN, NBC, ABC, NYT, WaPo etc...) are all fake news. Unless it comes from Fox or Breitbart, it won't be believed. Then again, even if it comes from Fox it's passed off as being some liberal at Fox (usually Shepard Smith) who has an agenda to lie. So even then it still won't be believed. This goes for most Trump supporters in my experience.

How are people so dense.

BowieZ

Banned
The more that I come to the realization that this very well may be true, the more I realize how insane this is. Someone was so racist and so angry that a black man became president that he began working with a foreign power to become President and destroy his legacy. Wow.
If the allegations are true, his denigration of Obama was calculated, having come after his longterm intentions to profit from working with Russia... which is not so much insane as extremely dangerous and essentially traitorous.

Davide

I think he relied more on the racism of others rather than being motivated by his own racism.

I'm in Canada and I know Canadians who are like this. They're completely delusional.

faisal233

Sigh... You are right.

Susan Collins is on that committee, and she has always been a notably moderate Republican, for what it's worth.

I don't care for moderate GOP. Can't trust them to deliver when everything is on the line. I'd rather have hardcore conservative with an ax to grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom