• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rescued piglets served up as sausages to firefighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRockman

Banned
b20bwuY.jpg

giphy.gif

Who is the idiot who signed off on that?!?!?!?

How would you choose which one lives, and which ones turn into sausages?
Also, as cute as they are, what are firefighters going to do with a pig?

I'd just pick one at random. I'd let my family take care of it rather than keep it around the firehouse. Although if everyone wanted to pitch in and take care of it who am I to not oblige?

mantidor

My grandmother this to my mother and her siblings, they had a pet pig when they were kids and when it died my grandmom cooked it.

She told them while they were just finishing it, what a wicked sense of humour lol.

My grandfather did the same to us with a pet rabbit of his, all cousins played with it until it was served to us one day, and as shocking as it was.... we ate it, and it was delicious.

I think we city people are disconnected to what these domestic animals actually are. For people from the countryside, like my grandpa was, they see it as cost/benefit, they don't eat cats and dogs because they offer much better services, cats control pests and dogs offer security, pigs can be as smart as dogs, but you will never leave a pig to protect your house and your kids. In fact pigs can be dangerous with small infants, more than once I heard my aunts and uncles talking how they might eat them.

I memember when I was little our neighbours had a pig and we used to hang out with him in the barn and then one day we were there for dinner and they served him to us. I freaked out. I was crying while eating him.

MogCakes

My friend once had a pet chicken. One day her mother served chicken and their bird had mysteriously gone missing. She only realized what had transpired after the fact and she hasn't forgiven her mom for it to this day. Dark comedy indeed, heh.

joe2187

Banned
True, it only takes one post, but it's also important not to engage in confirmation bias because of preconceptions about vegans.

It's not much different from someone inside of a legitimate social justice organization doing something wrong or saying something bad and having the other side say SEE?

It's just weird to see them pop up in food threads alot since I've never once dealt or seen or heard one in real life before. And I work in the food industry.

I know the crazy vegans are a minority, but the food threads bring em out in droves somehow.

And the pipe dream of everyone eating lab grown meat is pretty damn laughable. Maybe when we're living in space colonies in another 200 years or so, but it's nowhere near commercially viable. Especially when people are still afraid of fucking GMO potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom