• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
I fucking hate this gen. We used to complain that these publishers just kept rehashing the same game year after year, but now they literally do rehash the exact same fucking game. This is all your fucking fault. Yes, you. You know who you are. You did this.

Shauni

What. Looks like REmaster gave them the green light for Zero.

Pretty sure it actually leaked before REMake HD came out, so I think it was already planned.

I fucking hate this gen. We used to complain that these publishers just kept rehashing the same game year after year, but now they literally do rehash the exact same fucking game. This is all your fucking fault. Yes, you. You know who you are. You did this.

ease-up.gif

KingKong

On one hand yes, on the other hand I love having working versions of classic console games on Steam.

MUnited83

For you.

cv5JuNs.gif

ezekial45

Banned

Why is it a bad thing? These remasters are allowing people to replay titles that 1. may not have been on a platform that people had access to, and 2. they're much more improved on a technical level than the original games.

I see this as a win. It's not like Capcom stopped making games outside of these remasters, they put out RER2 this year, which was excellent.

Owzers

To me, Capcom is pretty much done making console games so I'm not too bothered by this. They were my favorite publisher during psone and ps2/gamecube, they might as well be konami now except they still like handhelds for monster hunter and Phoenix wright.

Enough people here like the remasters, let's not begrudge them.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

R0fphF.gif

OT, knew it was coming, or was pretty sure I knew. Will be glad to have it on another platform. Things have been good for me as an RE fan lately. REmake, REV2, and now this.

Anteater

remasters are great, I'm not keeping my GC hooked up just to replay those games you fucking weirdos.

Rebecca's face looks weird as hell in that screenshot, that's not how I remember her looking

Shauni

People calling this the worst classic RE makes me wonder if I'm alone in thinking RE3 is a huge piece of shit? Because I would much rather play Zero than 3 any day.

Lernaean

Banned
remasters are great, I'm not keeping my GC hooked up just to replay those games you fucking weirdos.

Well, here it is. Also HD is always cool.
Hope they have kept their original files this time, unlike REmake :smugface:

People calling this the worst classic RE makes me wonder if I'm alone in thinking RE3 is a huge piece of shit? Because I would much rather play Zero than 3 any day.

I love them all, but imo 0 is better than CV and 3.

I dislike 3 too. Don't think it's a piece of shit but for me it's the weakest of the classic ones.

Never got to play this one. Nice.

Though I just tried to think of something...how many titles on PS4/One that's not a HD/remaster have they released so far? Dead Rising 3 and Resident Evil Revelations 2 are the ones at the top of my head. I feel like I'm forgetting a lot or is that...it?

I actually really enjoyed Resident Evil 0 on GameCube, so this will be most welcome and will buy digitally day 1. Hopefully they get to work on a REmake for 2 and 3 (by that, I mean full REmake treatment for those titles).

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

3 has grown on me over the years, but I certainly get why some folks don't like it.

My least favorite is Code Veronica. I replay the whole mainline series (except six) once a year, and I just don't enjoy it much. It's got Claire and Wesker in it, which is fantastic, I feel like I should love it, but I just don't like playing the game.

I think if the hookshot didn't take up two slots, way more people would like RE0.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Think of all the awesome co-op possibilities, what with the internet and each player having their own screen!

Now imagine them not happening.

That is this remaster.

Nyoro SF

It's a good thing that Capcom is tapping into its older back catalogue for modern rereleases. Many of their old games were constrained by the hardware they released on at the time.

I just wish it wasn't just RE and DMC4. Though I'm happy for those fanbases, I'd want to see Capcom expand their remaster work and catalogue...

BGMNTS

Whatever happened to Carlos Riveira? Now that every almost every major character has had their day in the limelight or been heavily featured, I feel he's been put on a major bus and I want to see him in a game.

Also who would play a STARS prequel game? Or even all the old STARS guy in a mercenaries mode? I really want to see the mortar guy.

Snaku

Banned
To me, Capcom is pretty much done making console games so I'm not too bothered by this. They were my favorite publisher during psone and ps2/gamecube, they might as well be konami now except they still like handhelds for monster hunter and Phoenix wright.

Enough people here like the remasters, let's not begrudge them.

See that's the thing, they don't have to make any more console games anymore. They fucking know you'll keep buying the same old game they already made each console cycle.

See that's the thing, they don't have to make any more console games anymore. They fucking know you'll keep buying the same old game they already made each console cycle.

You're welcome for making working versions of RE4, REmake and RE0 available on PC.

Nah, if anything RE3 did Survival Horror in a ruined city best. I wish Mikami had borrowed from RE3 in that regard when chapters 11 and 12 were being made for The Evil Within.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Think of all the awesome co-op possibilities, what with the internet and each player having their own screen!

Now imagine them not happening.

That is this remaster.

A change that drastic would require a complete re-tooling of the game. Obviously isn't going to happen.

Shauni

Yeah, I think we get it. Your job is done, you have shown up the horrors and the evils of remasters. You can get in your time machine and go back to your own future where remasters have come to life and hunted humanity to the brink of extinction, you've successfully warned us of their incoming evil.

I feel bad, because when I got a GameCube (late into its generation, post RE4), I asked my parents to buy me the dual-pack that came with REmastered and RE0, and didn't end up playing it much.

Now, I'll want this version and will never have a reason to replay the disc.

MattyG

Banned
I've never played a Resident Evil game, so I'm glad the older ones are getting rereleased. I'm planning to dive into them next time they're on sale on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom