• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 1.5 Leaked

Diablos

I'm not saying they wouldn't want to C&D them, I'm saying how could they? I don't really get the whole C&D thing, but if none of the team behind this is public, how can Capcom stop them?
If any of the team is in the US they could always just subpoena the ISP associated with an IP that may have done something such as upload the ISO or make message board posts. If they can track down just one person to be accountable it's typically enough to disrupt the project indefinitely if not end it altogether.

ryan13ts

And obviously even when these guys are done, it's still not going to be the whole game, right? At best, just a completed "demo". Like an hour of gameplay tops, I'm assuming.

Just depends on how far they plan to go with it. There's plenty of scripted scenes within the data of the beta that aren't readily viewable by just playing through it as is, as well as full maps and existing backgrounds for the entire game. Implanting those in, in addition to adding items and other "objectives" will go a long way to making it like a complete game.

However, From everything we know about 1.5, it was much more linear than the RE2 we have today (Not as much backtracking, not as many bosses, kind of a Point A --> Point B --> Point C type of game, ) Even if everything was restored, I doubt it would be a super long game. Considering a lot of this restoration is coming from exisiting data/known information, I wouldn't be expecting the end result to be an extremely long game. I'm faithful though the end result will be a very good representation of what the final version of 1.5 would have been like though.

Jawmuncher

Diablos you are no fun.
This is a pretty significant piece of gaming history.
It's cool to finally get some hands time on it. Not to mention sure Capcom can C&D but I really dont think RE1.5 is going to hurt there current image. Hell them C&Ding it would just look bad on them at this point.

Darknight

And obviously even when these guys are done, it's still not going to be the whole game, right? At best, just a completed "demo". Like an hour of gameplay tops, I'm assuming.

Not sure why people are complaining. Dude this would never seen the light of day if it wasnt for the people working on getting the beta for the past few years. Yes its an unfinished copy because *gasp* Capcom scrapped this version (RE 1.5) and never finished it.

So the fine gents/coders are injecting their own C code to fix alot of the bugs and adding areas that were missing to make it as much playable as possible. Will they get it 100%? No. Will they get close....yes. Should we be happy, absolutely. Last time gamer saw this shit was in tiny ass magazine pics from 199x.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Because it is code that Capcom owns and they can basically do whatever the fuck they want. Doesn't matter if it's public or not, commercial product or not, etc. I'd agree that the legal fees associated with a C&D, even if minimal to Capcom, are a waste... I can't see this project hurting their bottom line in any way, the ship has long sailed to do anything with RE1.5 unless they wanted to remake it or something, but even then that would be pretty dumb imo. But, I still fully expect them to C&D.

Too late, it's out there. Fuck tha Capcops. The holy grail has been found, yo.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Too late, it's out there. I'll send it to anyone that wants it. Fuck tha Capcops. The holy grail has been found, yo.

This team's work isn't done yet.... we don't want the final version to be halted.

(edit: unless you mean the iso of the unedited 1.5 find)

VashTS

So incase anyone hasn't found out, you can hit select in your inventory and select different items/weapons with L1 and R1 buttons. L2 and R2 skips through the list.

There's a load of weapons that aren't usable for Eliza and just bug out, but 1 pistol fully works and 1 shotgun works. Both machine guns also work(though they lack a reloading animation/function without combining, but shooting any zombies in the intro room freezes the game.

I'm guessing all of the weapons that leon has in his inventory are feature complete? But you need to add ammo.

Also, don't mess with the knife equipment slot or else you can't get out of the menu. I suggest state saving before messing around.

Edit: If you make it to the intro Eliza room with Leon you can use the shotgun to blast apart the zombies. Fully working dmg model is impressive with the amount of different ways the limbs get blown off.

I thought the intention is release a complete game. They're filling the blanks with they very own backgrounds, as far as I'm aware the script is complete and so are the maps.

We won't get voices or an ending movie and thinks like that. but we'll get a full game.

http://www.twitch.tv/sir_orin/new

mlyM3mp.png

This is really cool but too bad I don't care about RE games that much. Would be amazing if someone could get their hands on True Fantasy Live Online and get it running on the Xbox. That game was also near completion. In fact, it was pretty much done IIRC.
You bastard. Why did you have to remind me of true fantasy live online? My most hyped MMO ever.

every time I try to pick something up, Elza climbs up on a non-existent surface above the item, suspending me in mid-air.

so, Elza should be brought back and made protagonist of RE7.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Temptation to buy a CD-R rising... I even have the modded PS2 hooked up and everything.... But it's like $2 per disc after the Canadian music industry levy :p

I still might want to wait for the final fan release.. But just to finally see this thing in motion...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(edit: unless you mean the iso of the unedited 1.5 find)

Nah, but this is unfinished. This is like 20% of the fans work while still 40-80% Capcoms. So for the most part it's still 1.5 even if it isn't fully 1.5, all the areas the fans haven't done or redone is Capcom's work. That's completely fine with me since for the most part the collectors that have the most complete of it won't release that.

ZeroCDR

At the very least, this should be similar to getting the barebones build they were working with, which is probably the best we would ever get otherwise. This is so exciting!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
First GBC, now RE 1.5 now time to wait to the two Game Cube Betas. :D.

There basically no "beta" for the GC RE1 version since there isn't much changes in the first place.

The only 'beta' for RE0 exist for N64 but largely unfinished (only a portion of the train section) and it looks to play the same as finished version too. Except for some graphical and cosmestic differences there isn't much different. There is also one yellow slug monster too but it exist only in concept art form and nobody know if it will have made it into a hypothetical finished N64 version anyway.

RE1.5 is largely different from the finished game as compared to RE0 and REmake beta, and bits and pieces of it exist in various places in various forms (videos, demo disc etc) and was like around 80% done.

Ahasverus

Ok for those confused.

You are NOT meant to play THIS version of the game. This was released because somebody leaked it and began selling it, so the restoration group (that is completing the code so it becomes playable) released it so people would not fall for the scam.

The "complete" restored Resident Evil 1.5 IS INCOMING, so if you are not DYING to play this and could wait for the real version, don't even bother to look at this.

The "complete" restored Resident Evil 1.5 IS INCOMING, so if you are not DYING to play this and could wait for the real version, don't even bother to look at this.

Yeah. I was dying to play it however seeing that it's been so long since I've played an RE game. It was nice.

MormaPope

Banned
Watching the stream for this is hilarious, I'd play the finished project but having to jump to a room via debug menu seems to be pretty lame.

If you're curious enough though these problems probably wouldn't matter much.

ZeroCDR

Playing this on my PSP for now, but looks pretty terrible because the screen is dying lol. I may mess with emulators later but this is very thrilling. The music is great.

Jerrod

How do you get to the labs or sewers or other places further in the game? The debug room list is pretty small and only lists rooms in the police station.

EDIT: Found the answer, can use Triangle button to increase room numbers from 100 to 200.

Top Bottom