• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4/5/6 on PS4/X1 sell 2.8 million combined (Franchise Sales Overview)

Jawmuncher

This was lost in the rest of the information that came out a few days ago.
untitled3spy9m.png

capture7ya2f.png

Capcom also updated their platinum sellers list. Listing Resideint Evil 6 (PS4/X1) as a million seller. So if everything is even, things probably look like this

Resident Evil 4 - 900K
Resdent Evil 5 - 900K
Resident Evil 6 - 1 million.

There was also an update in numbers for a lot of other RE titles as well.

Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster - 100,000 (1,400,000 LTD)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3/Xbox 360/DL) - 100,000 (7,200,000 LTD)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3/Xbox 360/DL) - 100,000 (6,800,000 LTD)
Resident Evil (HD Remastered) - 100,000 (1,900,000 LTD)

The franchise sales are now sitting at 77 million total

So RE4 and RE5 will probably hit 1 million by the next fiscal report. It's impressive to see all of the older RE games carry such legs. Between the fair pricing of all of their re-releases thus far and discounts. I'm sure the digital sales are also playing a big part. Capcom has been making a bigger focus towards that. I feel like there has been numerous capcom sales since the beginning of the month. So they definitely keep their presence known. There was also that Xbox One price glitch that probably helped contribute to some numbers as well. Overall the entire sales data for what is available and combining the same titles together looks like this in order (Games released this gen and have a PC verision or upcoming port this gen are highlighted since they'd see the most growth)

Franchise Sales Ranking*

1. Resident Evil 6 - 7.8 million
    [*]Resident EVil 5 - 7.2 million
    [*]Resident Evil 4 - 5.9 million
  2. Resident Evil/Resident Evil:Director's Cut - 5.08 million
  3. Resident Evil 2 - 4.96 million
    [*]Resident Evil 7 - 3.5 million
  4. Resident Evil 3 - 3.5 million
    [*]Resident Evil Remake/Resident Evil Remake HD - 3.25 million
    [*]Resident Evil 0/Resident Evil 0 HD - 2.65 million
    [*]Resident Evil: Code Veronica X/Code Veronica - 2.54 million
  5. Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - 2.5 million
    [*]Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 2.1 million
    [*]Resident Evil Revelations - 1.7 million
  6. Resident Evil Outbreak - 1.45 million
  7. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 1.3 million
*Note: There's a lot of data missing since capcom doesn't update titles until they have hit 1 million for the platinum sellers list. Then they don't update numbers after that until every 100K milestone after the first 1 million. So the list probably looks a bit different. Since we can't factor in the RE4/CVX PS3/360 releases, the RE4 & 5 PS4/X1 versions, and the RE5 Gold Edition for PS3/360 (If that is counted as a seperate SKU). So most likely RE5 is still technically in first place. Also it has to be seen what kind of legs RE7 will have from this point on.
**There's also potentially that PC sales for some of these titles aren't being counted as well.

It's really impressive seeing all of the games have such legs, regardless of their style. While I still think RE7 hitting 2 million by the next report is a bit much. I will be surprised if it doesn't manage another 1 million at the least, bumping it up even higher (The new DLC and VR opening up for PC and potentially Scorpio should help as well). I'm curious how much longer the rereleases will work for them, especially with these kinds of numbers. At some point people are going to start expecting a bit more from the ports in the future. Whether it be new experiences for new fans (Such as porting games onto the switch) or other sorts of updates for these games (Such as applying something like the HD remake to RE4). The main thing that impresses me the most is how versatile the series is. It's seen numerous success across multiple genres and even other media.

Upcoming Resident Evil Games/Films
  • Resident Evil Revelations (X1/PS4) in september
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD (PS4/X1/PC) - This leaked and will probably fit into the category of starting to provide updates to the games (Like we saw with REmake and 0. Since I feel if it was a simple port, it would have been announced with revelations. Hopefully we see this at E3.
  • Resident Evil Remake 2
  • Resident Evil 8 (Already confirmed to be in some sort of development)
  • Rumored Sub-series Game (Not much info, just a guess from interviews)
  • Resident Evil: Vendetta (Film coming out in June 19th in the US
There seems to be something for every kind of fan in the future, which is nice to see.

I bought them all + REmake, 0, Revelations 2, and 7. PS4 is a pretty great RE machine. I'll be picking up Revelations 1 later this year and REmake 2 whenever that's released.

Floex

6 sold that much? People really do like buying shit, don't they.

Great news about CVX though, first I've heard this.

joe2187

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354472

The rest of it is just my guess. But if it was a simple port, I don't understand why it wouldn't just be announced with Revelations this year. Considering RE6 released first and they still announced RE4 and 5 were coming after it last year.

If this happens my mainline RE collection will be complete. I'll be able to play all the mainline RE games on my Vita and PS4, and still have the PS3 to play the chronicles games. I have the PS3 version of RECVX already completed but I love RECVX more than any other RE game so I'm day one buying this.

RPGCrazied

Good, now remake 3. Don't stop now. I know they are doing 2, at a slow pace, but don't leave the last game hanging.

13ruce

Banned
If i loved 4 should i buy 5 and 6?
I played through 4 for the first time ever 3 months ago. I like the gameplay of 4 so are 5 and 6 simular?

Jawmuncher

I wonder if they'll remaster other franchises now? It's gotta be in the works seeing how these all do

They've been pretty insistent on ports in the reports being a great source of income. So if I would have to take a guess I could see in the future, I could see Dragons Dogma and Okami up next. Just because they'd be the easiest to work with being on MT framework and the other already being on PC.

Only 2.8 million? That's far below Capcom's expectations. They had to hit 20 million to break even.

If you have to hit 20 million to break even on some ports, someone fucked up royally.

I played through 4 for the first time ever 3 months ago. I like the gameplay of 4 so are 5 and 6 simular?

I would say go for it. Especially when they go on sale for $10 bucks.

BadWolf

Yeah they are action style like 4.

5 is very similar but 6 takes the combat system to a whole new level.

They've been pretty insistent on ports in the reports being a great source of income. So if I would have to take a guess I could see in the future, I could see Dragons Dogma and Okami up next. Just because they'd be the easiest to work with being on MT framework and the other already being on PC.
All I need is Okami

dlauv

I bought RE6 on PC for 7 bucks. I hope that meaningfully contributed to its popularity and makes its direction seem financially viable in the future for Capcom.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I already bought RE4 on PS3 last gen, and i only recently bought RE5 on PS4. Tell me gaf, is RE4 worth it on PS4?

joe2187

Banned
I wonder if they'll remaster other franchises now? It's gotta be in the works seeing how these all do

Capcom has been doing that for the longest time though...

Devil May Cry 123 HD
Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara
Third Strike
Street Fighter HD Remix and Final Challengers for Switch
Darkstalkers HD
Okami HD
RE Umbrella and Darkside chronicles
DMC4 Special Edition
REmake
RE0
RE 456
DmC Definitive Edition
Ducktales + The Disney Afternoon collection
Strider
Dead Rising 1 2 OTR
Ace Attorney
Bionic Commando

Jawmuncher

Capcom has been doing that for the longest time though...

Devil May Cry 123 HD
Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara
Third Strike
Street Fighter HD Remix and Final Challengers for Switch
Darkstalkers HD
Okami HD
RE Umbrella and Darkside chronicles
DMC4 Special Edition
REmake
RE0
RE 456
DmC Definitive Edition
Ducktales + The Disney Afternoon collection
Strider
Dead Rising 1 2 OTR
Ace Attorney
Bionic Commando

Ahhh, Devil May Cry is the one I forgot. If DMC5 is at E3, I totally see a 1-3 collection for PS4/X1/PC to be announced and released much the same way RE4-6 was in the lead up to 7.

rhandino

Banned
Its so crazy that a competent TPS with co-op campaign and competetive modes is selling so well on our current co-op focused landscape!1!!

Zeta Oni

I bought all of them, and will continue to do so as long as Capcom keeps delivering.

So good work Capcom, now do the same for Lost Planet 1-3 and give me a Dragons Dogma: DA port, all with all DLC included, and you'll get even more of my money.

Take that 6 haters!

I bought all of the remasters but I don't understand the gaf hate for 6. The game is nowhere near as bad as people act on these boards. People act like 6 killed their uncle or something.

Ahasverus

That's a lot of people being duped into buying 6, and then realizing some people just deluded themselves into thinking it was good.

In all seriousness, bad as it is, there is no other long co op TPS campaign available. The game did fill a niche. Just not the niche of people wanting to play a Resident Evil game.

Good for 4 and Remake! Especially REmake. Should have sent a message.

Top Bottom