• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4/5/6 on PS4/X1 sell 2.8 million combined (Franchise Sales Overview)

joe2187

Banned
I will reiterate again

RE5/6 MERCERNARIES Needs to be sold standalone.

Add new maps, characters from past and new games, weapons, customizable loadouts tons of series classic costumes

Ignore Raccoon City, and I forget the other MP focused RE game that came out.

Just sell the MERCS mode by itself. Just make it like the 3DS version with more content. Make it F2P and add in a million microtransactions for cosmetics and maps and shit....but fucking do it.

Stop wasting money trying to make RE a MP game when you already have an awesome MP mode in the base games itself.

Just give me RE Mercs 3D(2). On PS4/Vita/Switch/X1/PC/Ngage.

Ahasverus

If i loved 4 should i buy 5 and 6?
I played through 4 for the first time ever 3 months ago. I like the gameplay of 4 so are 5 and 6 simular?
Not comparable. 5 recycles 4's scenarios in co-op with lots of yellow and grey. Think like an arcade version of 4.

6 is just.. I don't know, a monster. They took the arcade feel of 5 and took it to eleven. 4 is nothing but a lost memory by then.

Don't be fooled, 4 is a masterpiece, and there is a reason people hate the other 2 games, and it's not for being just like 4.

The co op is really cool though, as I said, those are just different focuses.

I will reiterate again

Add new maps, characters from past and new games, weapons, customizable loadouts tons of series classic costumes

Just sell the MERCS mode by itself. Just make it like the 3DS version with more content. Make it F2P and add in a million microtransactions for cosmetics and maps and shit....but fucking do it.

Stop wasting money trying to make RE a MP game when you already have an awesome MP mode in the base games itself.

I'm deeply baffled that they never ported or made a sequel to The Mercenaries 3D. That thing was amazing, performance issues aside. It would give the RE6 fandom an actual good game to play, and allow the rest of us to enjoy the series reboot in peace. Win-win.

strafer

Worth every penny.

448.gif

kc44135

It's awesome that these remasters sold so well! I certainly did my part, and bought all three physically day one (major props to Capcom for actually offering physical copies of their remasters). All three games are great and deserve to sell well. I'd still say RE4 is my favorite game ever, and both RE5 & 6 are easily the best co-op experiences I've ever had, not to mention all three games have my favorite mechanics in any TPS, period. Long live action RE!

Springy

Make more action TPS RE, Capcom. Go oooooon.

As much as I appreciate RE6, I still think 5 was the sweet spot for me.

Capcom has been doing that for the longest time though...

Devil May Cry 123 HD
Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara
Third Strike
Street Fighter HD Remix and Final Challengers for Switch
Darkstalkers HD
Okami HD
RE Umbrella and Darkside chronicles
DMC4 Special Edition
REmake
RE0
RE 456
DmC Definitive Edition
Ducktales + The Disney Afternoon collection
Strider
Dead Rising 1 2 OTR
Ace Attorney
Bionic Commando

Looking at this I am legitimately shocked that Portcom hasn't ported Ace Attorney to Playstation at any point.

JayEH

I will reiterate again

It has to happen, they can't be ignoring these sales. I'm fine with the main series being more horror focused, it's for the best honestly. There was no where else they could go after 6, its scale was huge but that doesn't mean this style of game should die.

i bought 6

because I bought the whole pack when MS listed it for like 22 bucks or whatever to get every game

I would not have paid 1 dollar for RE6, if it was not offered in a bundle pricing error

YES! Moira was awesome.

Had so many amazing lines.

She had probably the best story arc and character development the series has seen since like forever. And the secret ending hammers that home even further. Whoever at Capcom came up with her design and plot background deserve major props.

That's interesting. I like how RE as a brand keeps selling strong, it makes me relieved to see such a steady income for Capcom, making me not worry about the future of the franchise, even if RE7 sales didn't reach its target despite being so awesome.

I didn't buy any of the ports, but I did buy Resident Evil Origins Collection and enjoyed the hell out of REmake and Zero. Truth be told I hope they do Outbreak Collection, now that would be far more interesting.

I wonder what is taking them this long to do the same with older franchises considering the success, come on port Onimusha and Dino Crisis already, heck do Megaman too.

It doesn't suck. It's combat is glorious, but atmosphere, story, and pacing are terrible. Not to mention, it's very uneven going from the different stories.

It was also gloriously overproduced. Way too many heads making decisions.

Even with the combat, though, everything just feels like you're shooting at paper. There's no feeling of impact whatsoever like RE5 was so great at. The increased range of movement and sliding was cool, but the core of gunplay was lackluster and most scenarios didn't really utilize the wide range of movesets you had. Also, what the hell was with the constantly falling over when you got hit?

Ryuuga

Banned
It doesn't suck. It's combat is glorious, but atmosphere, story, and pacing are terrible. Not to mention, it's very uneven going from the different stories.

It was also gloriously overproduced. Way too many heads making decisions.

I hear ya, I'm just echoing the sentiments of others acting like enjoying the game is a cardinal sin.

Jawmuncher

That's interesting. I like how RE as a brand keeps selling strong, it makes me relieved to see such a steady income for Capcom, making me not worry about the future of the franchise, even if RE7 sales didn't reach its target despite being so awesome.

I didn't buy any of the ports, but I did buy Resident Evil Origins Collection and enjoyed the hell out of REmake and Zero. Truth be told I hope they do Outbreak Collection, now that would be far more interesting.

I wonder what is taking them this long to do the same with older franchises considering the success, come on port Onimusha and Dino Crisis already, heck do Megaman too.

Yeah, the numerous different styles still selling consistently is good to see.

It's sad to me that more people bought/played RE5 and 6 than 4.

Capcom has been killing it with the ports and I've pretty much bought them all like the Resident Evil whore that I am.

Anung

Un Rama

I imagine the issue with the Onimusha games is the characters being based on real actors likeliness. So that'll make it a pain in the ass to port them over.

Which sucks as I'd throw my wallet at Capcom for an Onimusha Collection.

Both RE 5 and 6 could be at or over 8 million sales apiece by the next sales thread and RE 4 at around 7 million. There's obviously demand for that gameplay.

I would love for a game to take RE 6's gameplay and gives it good level design to take advantage of those mechanics.

I'd love for three series of RE's

Series one - Mainline, action
Series two - FPS
Series three - Classic

and throw in Revelations 3 while your at!

LaNaranja

Please make more games like RE4-6 Capcom. The franchise is at its best when it is third person action with a horror aesthetic. These sales make me hopeful they can do the action games and whatever bullshit they did with 7 side by side.

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
I jumped on the RE Super Bundle when they had that pricing error for $20 on XBL last month. I still haven't had the time to play any of them.

This scares me for the future of this franchise.

Good numbers for the series across the board. Crazy. Atleast the series isnt going to die anytime soon

Hypron

As much as I liked RE7 I'm keen for another action RE, and considering the sales of the other ones I'm not the only one.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Neat data.

That's a lot of people being duped into buying 6, and then realizing some people just deluded themselves into thinking it was good.

In all seriousness, bad as it is, there is no other long co op TPS campaign available. The game did fill a niche. Just not the niche of people wanting to play a Resident Evil game.

Good for 4 and Remake! Especially REmake. Should have sent a message.

That's fairly presumptuous of you. I love Resident Evil and want to play more of them. Especially if they play like 6.

Great for Capcom, RE is my favorite series from them.

I'm still waiting for that new Mercenaries game though and instead we got Umbrella Corps...

YoungOne

I will reiterate again

I am honestly surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Poor RE6 haters. The GOAT keeps on... well, being the GOAT.

tumblr_mcdccpAE871qettp9o1_500.gif

People like buying trash it seems :>

Not surprised they sold well. Besides The Evil Within, what other options are there this gen?

I don't care for Action RE, but I will acknowledge that RE4 and 5 were good games. RE6 was so painfully boring to play through. Yes, yes, I know that " muh mercenaries" is good in RE6.

Oh how I wish Outbreak would get remastered. That series was ahead of its time.

Top Bottom