• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I made this template years ago for a certain website but I thought it would be appropriate here. What was your favourite loadout in a RE4 playthrough?

Circle or mark your preferred weapon types and whatnots and hand this back to me by the end of the class.

7_MUIiry.png

You should have two keys with 15 characters each, and if you try to enter them both as one key it'll be invalid. I did exactly that :p

I did at first too with my Gamefly key.

re4prefsm5iv1.png

As requested. I will probably not be using this load out tonight, but I will probably rock the TMP as per usual for it's awesome stun + knifing abilities.

Tehalemi

You should have two keys with 15 characters each, and if you try to enter them both as one key it'll be invalid. I did exactly that :p

Same! xD

I just got my keys now! D: (Settle big T, you were ready for this...just sit tight and wait for the download to finish...)

AAAA THE HYPE!!!

Dusk Golem

Why the hell would they say the release is today, but then not unlock it until tomorow?!

The originally had the release date as tomorrow, but then changed it to today just a few days ago as unlocking at midnight Eastern time, which also means today in some regions (like here in the West Coast, where it unlocks 9 PM).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Actually, with the exception of the Rifle's Exclusive (which is overkill), the Semi-auto has better firepower. The only reason to stick with the bolt action is satisfaction and challenge.
Since the combat system is built around exactly that kind of satisfaction and challenge, bolt-action rifle is the way God intended the game to be played.
Red9 is, short of being a miracle headshot cannon, the most effective pistol ammo wise. It may be slow but damn it hurts. Punisher is best against wooden shields, and blacktail is for people who can't aim well.
I always use the Red9 for the reasons you laid out, but I'm thinking I will try something else for my next playthrough. It's simply too powerful.
TMP is the best weapon in the game, because melee is the best weapon in the game. Using a teeny tiny fraction of your ammo you can kill anything. One enemy? One bullet. Knee shot -> Suplex -> Knife.
Fuck machineguns. 1 pull 1 shot 4 lyfe. You may technically be correct that it's the most efficient way to dispatch enemies but it feels all wrong.
Be a man; put the shotgun down. You don't need it and you can sell the shells it gives you anyway.
Don't use a shotgun in a zombie game with some of the best head explosions in history? Why stop there? Just delete the game as soon as it's done downloading and then throw your PC in the garbage.
Don't use any of the non-standard weapons. I mean shit like the Matilda (though the RE2 is strong in that one), PRL, Handcannon, etc. Takes the fun out of it.
Gotta agree here, though after earning the Handcannon it's hard to resist taking it out for a spin. I guess it costs another bazillion dollars to make it max power and infinite, though, which may not be worth it. But if you happen to earn the money for it while replaying the game 20 times, then why not.

Dusk Golem

I find the weapon talk amusing. One of the things I liked a lot about Resident Evil 4 (and Resident Evil 5) was how different all the guns felt and how you could customize them how you wanted them too, and find a weapon you personally enjoyed using.

No weapon upgrades is the best way to play.

Definitely if you want a survival edge.

The originally had the release date as tomorrow, but then changed it to today just a few days ago as unlocking at midnight Eastern time, which also means today in some regions (like here in the West Coast, where it unlocks 9 PM).

The Steampowered website says it unlocks in about 9 hours, which puts it at 7:00 PM EST, unless the website doesn't think I'm in Atlanta.

Minsc

Gold Member
No weapon upgrades is the best way to play.

Maybe there'll be a mod to disable ammo drops entirely from enemies (ammo could still be found in crates, and you get a refill whenever you upgrade your weapon - I remember taking advantage of this a few times on the GCN version where ammo drops were more scarce).

Dusk Golem

The Steampowered website says it unlocks in about 9 hours, which puts it at 7:00 PM EST, unless the website doesn't think I'm in Atlanta.

I was going by what the Gamefly email said, but looking into it, you're right, it does say in 9 hours on the Steam page.

Not going to do the big image, but:

- Red9
- Riot shotgun
- Bolt action rifle
- Broken butterfly
- a few of each grenade
- RL for cheese
- Vanilla outfits

I can't believe there are people who don't use the Red9, with the folding stock it's amazing.

Grief.exe

I was going by what the Gamefly email said, but looking into it, you're right, it does say in 9 hours on the Steam page.

The game does not unlock automatically, though. Capcom has to unlock it manually through the registry.

Ultimately, what it says on the Steam site is irrelevant. Capcom themselves said a midnight Eastern release, unfortunately I'm leaning towards that being the case.

Newboi

Am I the only one who didn't like Separate Ways?

It'll still definitely be fun, but I'm kind of dreading having to 5 star ever mercenaries maps with all characters to unlock the handcannon again.

I'd rather have the option to just beat Professional mode to unlock the handcannon.

SparkTR

I'm tempted to get this, but I'm scared it'll convince me to play through the rest of the modern series and I REALLY don't have the time to do that right now.

Dusk Golem

I'm tempted to get this, but I'm scared it'll convince me to play through the rest of the modern series and I REALLY don't have the time to do that right now.

Don't worry, Resident Evil 6 is only a 20-25 hour long game.

For the campaign, but you know Mercenaries is one of the best parts, right?

So just spend a few hours...

...Several hours...

...The whole day...

Resident Evil 5 and Revelations is shorter. Unless you want to do Raid Mode in Revelations. Which you should, as its the best part of that game. And you know, just play for a few hours...

...Several hours...

...God dang it, why are these side modes so addicting!?

Now that I think about it, I REALLY hope that professional is unlocked from the beginning, it's really annoying being forced to play normal every time you play a new version.

Miker

So the Steam page says unlocks in 9 hours, but Capcom's post on the official Steam forums says it unlocks at midnight on East Coast. Those two don't match up. I'm guessing the 9 hours is midnight 2/28 GMT for UK folk, and it's actually later/midnight EST for Americans?

It'll still definitely be fun, but I'm kind of dreading having to 5 star ever mercenaries maps with all characters to unlock the handcannon again.

I'd rather have the option to just beat Professional mode to unlock the handcannon.

Time to gird your loins and get ready to stare down Mr. Salvador X and the Bella Sisters with Leon's quilted, double-ply shotgun (again).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh god I can't wait to go home and rev this puppy up.

I am thinking about doing a really gimped play through, blacktail and default shotgun only. Though I kinda wanna use the TMP, I wish ammo for it was slightly more common though because that gun is hilariously broken when maxed out. It's basically the Diet Soda variant of the Typewriter.

I like that Capcom is pushing out so many vids and infos about the game almost daily.

Let's hope it sells well. I want Capcom to get the idea and do more PC ports.

I always use the Red9 for the reasons you laid out, but I'm thinking I will try something else for my next playthrough. It's simply too powerful.
Given that, I'd almost always stick with the Handgun because of the 5x multiplier to headshots. -If- you can pull them off reliably.

Fuck machineguns. 1 pull 1 shot 4 lyfe. You may technically be correct that it's the most efficient way to dispatch enemies but it feels all wrong.
Well when you don't have a shotgun, you need to have some crowd control.

Don't use a shotgun in a zombie game with some of the best head explosions in history? Why stop there? Just delete the game as soon as it's done downloading and then throw your PC in the garbage.
Let's get this straight... I've played through RE4 around 50 or 60 times, probably around 30 or 40 of those on Professional. Believe me, I've shotgunned a lot of heads in my day. And believe me, I still get plenty of exploding heads.

Grief.exe

I like that Capcom is pushing out so many vids and infos about the game almost daily.

Let's hope it sells well. I want Capcom to get the idea and do more PC ports.

Its refreshing to get all this information answered and these videos. Great work by Capcom's Community staff.

Top Bottom