• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Kinyou

And that's what they really need to work on. I feel for people that want to play the game by themselves, but I like to play co-op. I hope they fix it so SP isn't broken this time. I want everyone to love the game.

Let's all just be friends :D
screwyouznv61.gif

just kidding ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If the game works around it then yes, look at Dead Space.

That's like saying it isn't logical if an FPS doesn't have a sprint option.

In this day and age? All FPS games SHOULD have a sprint option if your normal walk isn't a fast run.

screwyouznv61.gif

just kidding ;)

LOL best response ever.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So it seems like I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely LOVED RE5. I think I played through that game 3 or 4 times in a row. Sure, it's not a horror game, but neither was RE4. Not really. The first village you come across in RE4 was a little creepy, and once that chainsaw guy jumps out you start freaking out, but it's never really a horror game. You always have more than enough ammo to destroy everyone.

RE5 is the same way, but it doesn't pretend to be a horror game. It embraces its action side and, I think, is a lot more fun for it. There are so many fun set pieces in that game, and Falcon Punching zombies with Chris' mutated biceps never gets old. I'm looking forward to RE6!

Maxrunner

I don't care about the 3DS and it's shitty lack of a 2nd analog stick. If a real Resident Evil was put on Vita then I wouldn't be raging that much.

Capcom themselves said they were going to change things up from RE4/5 formula which is why this trailer is even more annoying.

Port begging is bannable no???oh wait its for a Sony console...nevermind...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So it seems like I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely LOVED RE5. I think I played through that game 3 or 4 times in a row. Sure, it's not a horror game, but neither was RE4. Not really. The first village you come across in RE4 was a little creepy, and once that chainsaw guy jumps out you start freaking out, but it's never really a horror game. You always have more than enough ammo to destroy everyone.

RE5 is the same way, but it doesn't pretend to be a horror game. It embraces its action side and, I think, is a lot more fun for it. There are so many fun set pieces in that game, and Falcon Punching zombies with Chris' mutated biceps never gets old. I'm looking forward to RE6!

This is what I've been trying to say. RE4 wasn't a horror game, and everyone loved it. Why? Because it was mood. It wasn't actual horror. It was atmosphere. That's not ruined by having a co-op buddy.

Neiteio

Wow, this game looks like a blast. Remember the cover you could crouch behind in RE4, when the ganado were throwing the dynamite (1-2, I believe)? Now they can punish you with a long-range tentacle grab if you hide too long. I also dig how Tall Oaks seems to have wide open spaces above ground that are absolutely swarming with enemies; reminds me of the terror felt in the first village encounter in RE4. Those subway tunnels with the dramatic lighting and shadows also look like they will be suspenseful. It's also not hard to imagine Chris having some terrifying sections against Verdugo-style enemies in the darkened streets of China. Whatever that thing was with the multiple eyes looked nasty. And I'm going to shit my pants when the Nemesis/Tyrant starts chasing "Cole." The whole "End Times" vibe the game has going with the global crisis is incredible. CAN'T. WAIT.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This is what I've been trying to say. RE4 wasn't a horror game, and everyone loved it. Why? Because it was mood. It wasn't actual horror. It was atmosphere. That's not ruined by having a co-op buddy.

you must have skipped the hospital with the regenerators

RE4 threw out horror and brought in crazy tension, and used it beautifully. There was a couple of proper horror bits too, and those were amazing.

In this day and age? All FPS games SHOULD have a sprint option if your normal walk isn't a fast run.

LOL best response ever.

The really slow walk and slight run were great for re4/5 running in games should have huge punishment when you get out of it around 1 second or more.

TedNindo

Someone explain to me what a cover system would have added to RE4 and how it would have made the game any better.

The only reason why you would need a cover system is if enemies fired back. It's the same reason why Deadspace doesn't have a cover system. It doesn't need one.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Because part of what made the mechanics of RE4 so good won't work with a cover system. It also doesn't need a cover system. The only reason to have a cover system is if enemies fire back. Which I don't want in an RE game. It should be about other kinds of enemies overwhelming you. And running from them and trying to survive, keep control of the situation. Which isn't shooting from behind cover. Otherwise it would just be Gears Of War or Uncharted with zombies that fire guns. Which is a completely different game.

SOME enemies fire back, from a portion of the storie(and its makes sense within the story).

Again, its not logical for a 3rd Person action game with a character(Chris) with military training and a squad, sent to a missing in a hostile city full of zombies and other militias with other interest, NOT BE ABLE TO GRAB Cover when needed.

Abviously grabbing cover against a hoard of zombies is not smart, so i dont see the issues here. In fact, I see variety in gameplay.

and The Leon parts look very "survivalish" to me, And i dunno what Ashley's new boytoy is gameplaywise

I really think the sales were so big due to the hype of coming of it being a sequel to one of the best games of all time. I don't think it's because they sacrificed things into making it more like a western shooter that gave it high sales. I think most of it came from the hype train. I think the sales were very frontloaded which would help prove my point.
Judging by the positive reactions to the trailer, RE6 might do even better. It's the game people want, unfortunately.

Someone explain to me what a cover system would have added to RE4 and how it would have made the game any better.

The only reason why you would need a cover system is if enemies fired back. It's the same reason why Deadspace doesn't have a cover system. It doesn't need one.

RE4 HAD a cover system (select sections)

poster above reminded us of the dynamite levels.

It added to the tension. Can I make it to the next area before they throw another stick of dynamite

:p

you must have skipped the hospital with the regenerators

RE4 had horror elements like that but it still brought enemies with guns and stun batons to the series, as well as the ability to take cover, weapon upgrading, etc. Many of the components of RE6, namely the ability to take cover without being prompted, is just natural progression to me. I would rather a game allow me to take cover whenever I want instead of look for a button prompt. If they're going to do that shit, do it, don't half ass it. It's embracing what the series has evolved into beginning with RE4. People can defend RE4 all they want because it is a fantastic game, but I don't really see how people can defend that game and say that it was RE through and through, but piss all over this one.

Last time I checked, RE4 concluded on an island with enemies wearing body armor and sporting gatlin guns and stun batons. It was more like an enemy fortress in a James Bond flick. How is that "Resident Evil" in the slightest? It still had awesome atmosphere and bouts of creepiness but by all accounts RE4 is what introduced this shit to the franchise. It may have went about it in a slightly more modest fashion, but you know, potatoes and potahtos.

I don't care about the 3DS and it's shitty lack of a 2nd analog stick. If a real Resident Evil was put on Vita then I wouldn't be raging that much.

Really? That's what it's come to? "What I want is being made but I refuse to acknowledge it because it's on a system without an attached second analog stick?"

HYDE

Banned
This game will be shit if Mikami isn't involved.

I can't believe how close minded this statement is. It's as close minded as... Ninja Gaiden 3 will be shit because Itagaki isn't involved. Really? Think for yourself, try the game out, and then make your opinion known.

I doubt the game will hardly be shit.

30 pages ...just got caught of teh news ..just watched the trailer.

A red Mark is on my calendar now at the date of release..this looks good ..this looks epic ..this looks fun ....i'm ...HAPPY

RE4 HAD a cover system

poster above reminded us of the dynamite levels.

It added to the tension. Can I make it to the next area before they throw another stick of dynamite

:p

Oh yeah it did. A very basic one with cover trigger areas and some QTE covers. I kind of like that more than a devoted cover on everything system when you are fighting enemies that do not have guns. Definitely adds tension.

Now, if in RE6 we are fighting enemies with guns and lots of projectile attacks, a complex cover system will work out all right.

LiK

the point is, even if Mikami was involved, he would add cover to the new RE games. ya know, like how he allowed you to shoot and run in SotD? Mikami isn't gonna ignore modern gameplay elements. i still don't get the cover hate. you're hiding from projectiles, big deal.

goldenpp72

Is it confirmed to have co op in all the main game? I know people are unsure if there is an option to go solo, but personally I want the option of co op through the whole game.

the point is, even if Mikami was involved, he would add cover to the new RE games. ya know, like how he allowed you to shoot and run in SotD? Mikami isn't gonna ignore modern gameplay elements. i still don't get the cover hate. you're hiding from projectiles, big deal.

if a game is going to have enemies that shoot at you (like everyone's favorite RE4!), I want to be able to take cover and I should be able to do so naturally.

I'll buy the game, but can somebody explain me why Capcom hates Claire so FUCKING MUCH?

Wait what? She got her own game, movie, and cameo in another game. I wouldn't doubt it if she shows up in this one as well as getting her own Revelations style game at some point.

There's a gun inside.

My interest in this game just manifested itself for the first time after watching this trailer.

As far as I'm concerned, different types of scenarios for the different characters is great. A change of pace throughout the game if well done could keep the experience feeling fresh.

I'm also really eager to see what they do with the Chinese city scenario. Panic in a metropolis with thousands of civilians is very appealing to me.

My interest in this game just manifested itself for the first time after watching this trailer.

As far as I'm concerned, different types of scenarios for the different characters is great. A change of pace throughout the game if well done could keep the experience feeling fresh.

I'm also really eager to see what they do with the Chinese city scenario. Panic in a metropolis with thousands of civilians is very appealing to me.

that and the subway scene with Leon where you see the shadows of the infected on the wall in the background was creepy as %$@#

can't wait

K' Dash

She starred in her own movie and game
And who knows she may still make an appearance in 6?

The movie wasn't that good and Code Veronica was a long time ago, besides Chris is getting too much exposure and his character is not likeable, I mean, 2 games in a row? come on...

Regarding this point, I can't be the only one who likes this style of Resident Evil. It makes sense in the franchise's universe to incorporate warfare as the series progresses. Shit hits the fan over the course of the franchise and it's all about escalation. From a mansion to a town and so on.
It makes sense from a story pov but it makes it a completely different game that barely resembles the original.

That being said, I enjoyed RE4 a lot, even if it was kind of different compared to previous games so there's still hope for RE6.

Nemesis_

If this is set before RE5, I'm not really sure how excited I can be.

I mean they really kind of chain themselves up when they do stuff like this.

watching people exaggerate the "cover" and "enemies shooting" in re4 to such extremes that they've practically invented an entirely different game in their imaginations is hilarious lmao

LiK

Im 99% sure they said it was an optional part, and that the main parts of the game's campaign are single player only. Someone here will chime in...

CVX rewatched the announcement stream and said there was nothing announced on SP and coop. anything about optional coop is unconfirmed.

Top Bottom