• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Big Chungus

g6UaI.jpg

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
tenz0r said:
I think he was just giving a suggestion for a RE character who is already black that could be the main character.

Aha. Got my hopes up there... :)

Leon S. Kennedy said:
This is an excellent idea. You could have a soundtrack with Fear of a Black Planet, Fuck the Police, Cop Killer and other songs which follow the same theme. You would get a lot of free publicity with this.

Yeah man now you're feelin' me!

Teknoman

abstract alien said:
Replaying this right now on hard and damn, this game is so amazing. The visuals are second to none and it really feels like I'm actually in danger.

Yeah, just got the Cube version again today, and the atmosphere is still top notch.

Xpliskin

I'm starting to doubt this whole mess.

In the end this may be some very elaborate trolling, too bad some people have nothing better to do.

The "legit" logo pic is titled bio6tgs_slide001presentation.jpg (something like that).
edit: The url is i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/akira_oda/re6tgspresentation_slide001.jpg

The guy does not work for capcom and has access to the presentation slides of the RE6 reveal?
That is some super confidential shit, it doesn't make sense.
Japanese speakers are saying the spelling in the logo pic is somewhat off too.

Vamphuntr

rockman zx said:
just behind the headline.

UPDATE: There's some confusion surrounding this report this morning after IGN editor Rich George cited "multiple contacts at Capcom" that the video is indeed fake. We'll get in touch with Capcom...]

Xpliskin

brandonh83 said:
The best way to sort out this mess would be for Capcom to announce RE6 :D

The logo pic is titled "re 6 tgs presentation slide 001".
There is no way he could have gotten those slides unless he's very involved in the project, yet he said he didn't work for capcom.

At this point I highly doubt there will be any announcement.

The thing is already over, the show some garbage montage, a cosplayer dressed as Jill played mercenaries, some crap talk about merchandising and bye. It's how Capcom works, everything for the fan.

Xpliskin

TruePrime said:
Then what did they say at the Ann thing?
You want a good laugh?

The special guest was PAUL W. S. ANDERSON talking about his score in RE4 mercs and retribution.

Apart from that, they said "keep supporting us. Buy RE:R and ORC"

Kaldea

Xpliskin said:
You want a good laugh?

The special guest was PAUL W. S. ANDERSON talking about his score in RE4 mercs and retribution.

Ugggggggh. :/ Fucking Capcom.

Beth Cyra

Xpliskin said:
You want a good laugh?

What the fucking hell is wrong with these people?

Really Paul was the special guest? Jesus Capcom are such bitches.

Kuraudo said:
Let's all get mad at Capcom for some losers who made an elaborate troll!

Who cares about the fake trailers. presenting PAUL ANDERSON as the special guest for Biohazard's 15 is the biggest troll ever.

Kaldea

TruePrime said:
Who cares about the fake trailers. presenting PAUL ANDERSON as the special guest for Biohazard's 15 is the biggest troll ever.
Yeah, this is my main source of disappointment. Fake trailers are kind of expected, even if they provided momentary hope.

tenz0r

TheExorzist said:
No RE6.... what a letdown.... Wasn't Capcom saying they want to support that series more frequently?
They did say that, and to their credit, between last year and this year alone they already announced or released:

Resident Evil Afterlife (movie)
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil Code Veronica HD
Resident Evil Damnation (CGI Movie)
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil Operation Racoon City
Resident Evil Retribution (Movie)

The movies may be more of a decision by Sony Pictures then Capcom, but it is a Capcom property.

So, that is a lot of support for a franchise, but too bad the one game that matters to us (RE6) is not on that list :(

Xpliskin

Imo we've brought this upon ourselves.
Luckily I lost hope at the last moment because of the logo picture's naming "re6 tgs presentation slide 001".

Beth Cyra

Xpliskin said:
Imo we've brought this upon ourselves.
Luckily I lost hope at the last moment because of the logo picture's naming "re6 tgs presentation slide 001".
I think anyone that was really expecting RE6 set themselves up a bit. I can understand hoping for a teaser but anything beyond that was asking for it.

However I think any fans of the series have a reason to be outraged they would treck out the douche, they could have at least brought out the CG director/producer since that actually stars a Real Resident Evil Character.

Weils

Neo Member
tenz0r said:
They did say that, and to their credit, between last year and this year alone they already announced or released:

Resident Evil Afterlife (movie) Blah, never cared about this movie
Resident Evil 4 HD HD? That's the frequent support?
Resident Evil Code Veronica HD Again, same comment as above...
Resident Evil Damnation (CGI Movie) the only new canon movie, but not playable
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D just a revamped mercenaries game with no story
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil Retribution (Movie) just like the first, never cared about this either.

I think the only games/media I care about is Revelations/ORC/Damnation in that order.

Top Bottom