• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

RPGamer92

Banned
gvgXF.png

:)

Now should I order a 360 bundle as well?!
Uh sorry if I'm missing something but what's so special about this? >_>

News Bot

Banned
:/ Revelations was great.

That's pretty much the exception, and I'm glad that 6 is taking a cue from it and trying to make even more of a return to horror while retaining the more fun and intuitive gameplay.

Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, Mercenaries 3D and Operation Raccoon City were sub-par at best.

News Bot

Banned
Thought this would be worth sharing. Major, MAJOR spoilers.

Whatever comes out of the cocoon at the beginning of the trailers is female and has Ada's hairstyle. Look closely at the chest and head.

Likewise, in the screenshot of the "C-Virus Experiment", the first and last names of the "Subject" look like they begin with "C" and "R", with an l in the first name. Try typing out "Carla Radames" and covering the name with a sheet of paper or something. Look familiar?

Jackpot

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/TWhBl.jpg

Reconstructed the name from other letters in the screencap but with incorrect spacing.

First name is the reconstructed name.
2nd name is the reconstructed name with the top of the censor bar pasted over it.
3rd name is the reconstructed name with the top of the censor bar pasted over it and the pixels of letters poking through highlighted in red (which match the positions of where the tall letters of the reconstructed name meet the censor bar)
4th name is the original censor graphic for comparison.

Neiteio

Whatever comes out of the cocoon at the beginning of the trailers is female and has Ada's hairstyle. Look closely at the chest and head.

Likewise, in the screenshot of the "C-Virus Experiment", the first and last names of the "Subject" look like they begin with "C" and "R", with an l in the first name. Try typing out "Carla Radames" and covering the name with a sheet of paper or something. Look familiar?
Oh my god, they're spawning an army of hot babes.

Dacon

Banned

I'm not seeing the resemblance in the cocoon man

Am I the only one only interested in Jake's story for Sherry? Really hope she is interesting and not an afterthought.

my expected order of play
1. Chris
2. Ada(if she has one)
3. Jake(for Sherry)
4. Leon

Vamphuntr

Am I the only one only interested in Jake's story for Sherry? Really hope she is interesting and not an afterthought.

my expected order of play
1. Chris
2. Ada(if she has one)
3. Jake(for Sherry)
4. Leon

Nah, you're not the only one. I'm much more interested to learn what happened to Sherry than to meet Wesker's Jr. Character wise, I couldn't care any less about Leon and Jake to be honest. Never been a fan of Leon and it seems he's a huge douchebag in this one protecting Ada or whoever she is because he likes her/she looks like her even though she's clearly a murdered according to the trailer and is at the root of the outbreak.

Hopefully Jill will show up somewhere if it's the last game with Chris and Claire will show up because of Sherry.

Gameplay wise though, Chris and Jake defnitely seem like the worse chapters gameplay wise. With Chris you play a CoD wannabe and with Jake you kick and punch enemies? (in before someone post a pic of God Hand)

Decado

Surprised there is so much hype for this game given how poorly RE5 was received, in a large part (if I recall correctly), for its emphasis on co-op play.

Surprised there is so much hype for this game given how poorly RE5 was received, in a large part (if I recall correctly), for its emphasis on co-op play.

surprised? RE5 sold the best in the series if im not mistaken, and ORC sold the most last month as well. RE is a huge franchise in gaming. there will ALWAYS be hype.

believe. 8D

but on the flip side there is an about equal group of less vocal people that absolutely loved the co-op.
also haters are divided into two smaller groups [Less Tension] and [Shitty AI]

Professional run on co-op is still one of my favorite things this generation, especially the Jill fight.
F the Sheva QTE at the end though.

Rinoa

Oh my god, they're spawning an army of hot babes.

LOL, the theories seem to line up though.

Still doesn't explain how she knows so much and how she also happens to have a similar attitude as Ada - just evil. Memory/brain transplanting?

Mr_Zombie

also haters are divided into two smaller groups [Less Tension] and [Shitty AI]

I never got the "shitty AI" argument. Besides two fights with Wesker (2 vs 2 and the one where you have to shoot rockets at him) that depend heavily on QTE, Sheva is doing fine. Give her a sniper rifle and a rod (or a decent pistol) and she's a killer capable of taking care of herself. During about 80 hours of playthrough, on various difficulty level, the only moment she irritated me was during the 2 vs 2 fight, since she was constantly ignoring me and was running away to fight Jill.

Professional run on co-op is still one of my favorite things this generation, especially the Jill fight.
The Jill fight on Professional was awful IMO. One shot from her and you're dead (because the partner needs to be right beside you to resuscitate you in time); you, on the other hand, need to pack tons of ammo into her device. At one point (after dying many times) my friend and I just said "fuck this", got the rocket launcher with unlimited ammo and start shooting rockets at Jill's device. It still took several rockets to destroy it o_O.

Mr_Zombie

Co-op was one of the best things in that game. You only need a good friend to play with ;)

Of course it would be better if, during solo playthrough, Capcom would make the partner invincible and make her/him shoot less, i.e. something akin to what you have in Gears of War.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Of course it would be better if, during solo play through, Capcom would make the partner invincible and make her/him shoot less, i.e. something akin to what you have in Gears of War.

What we have in Revelations really.

I never got the "shitty AI" argument. Besides two fights with Wesker (2 vs 2 and the one where you have to shoot rockets at him) that depend heavily on QTE, Sheva is doing fine. Give her a sniper rifle and a rod (or a decent pistol) and she's a killer capable of taking care of herself. During about 80 hours of playthrough, on various difficulty level, the only moment she irritated me was during the 2 vs 2 fight, since she was constantly ignoring me and was running away to fight Jill.

The Jill fight on Professional was awful IMO. One shot from her and you're dead (because the partner needs to be right beside you to resuscitate you in time); you, on the other hand, need to pack tons of ammo into her device. At one point (after dying many times) my friend and I just said "fuck this", got the rocket launcher with unlimited ammo and start shooting rockets at Jill's device. It still took several rockets to destroy it o_O.

Yeah that and the laser ruins are the only parts I had trouble with her.

I loved it we died so many times(not frustratingly though) we also said 'F it' but used Magnums.
Not before my partner shot her right in the face with one though.

News Bot

Banned
I'm not seeing the resemblance in the cocoon man

Save the picture and play around with the contrast and colors to make it easier to see. It's actually much, much easier when you do a frame-by-frame of the trailer, which is how I noticed it. The scene just blacks out once the human form comes out.

Nemesis_

Save the picture and play around with the contrast and colors to make it easier to see. It's actually much, much easier when you do a frame-by-frame of the trailer, which is how I noticed it. The scene just blacks out once the human form comes out.

POST IT

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This has probably been discussed to death in this thread already, but are the character models less detailed than in RE5? Such a silly thing to say, but yeah, I remember RE5 looking better.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This has probably been discussed to death in this thread already, but are the character models less detailed than in RE5? Such a silly thing to say, but yeah, I remember RE5 looking better.

Chris I think looks alot more detailed
RE6_Captivate_0001_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Redfield.png

RE5
ChrisR.jpg

Chris_Redfield_by_Cheli_chan.png

I think its missing a grit the RE5 graphics had, and color wise its either been night or overcast so far.

Endo Punk

Both trailers definitely got me in the mood but the fact the game will have co-op whether you play with a friend or not completely killed it. Im just gonna accept that RE will never be the same and that I should move on. It's annoying but nothing good lasts forever.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member

I think Leon in Resident Evil 6 is one of the most impressive character models I have seen in any game this generation (even the ingame stills). I think RE6 looks more better with the models.

Mr_Zombie

Models are ok and still look impressive. Textures, however, are downgraded, at least when compared to RE5 bullshots/PC version.

cvxfreak

I still don't find RE6 to be a huge step above RE5 visually. It looks great, but not jaw dropping. I remember there being a larger gap between CODE: Veronica and the Outbreak games, for instance.

Nemesis_

Honestly I didn't see it with your outline. Then I played it in 720p again and
that's clearly a woman. Add the hair stuff and you may be totally right.

This is so depressing.

I still don't find RE6 to be a huge step above RE5 visually. It looks great, but not jaw dropping. I remember there being a larger gap between CODE: Veronica and the Outbreak games, for instance.

If that time has been spent on making all the campaigns as long as they said they were, rather than improving the graphics, I would be happy.

China looks beautiful though, maybe the art direction is a little bit, errr, better? There's only so much you can do with an arid African landscape. >_>

Endo Punk

Well to be fair those games were exclusive on thier original release. A lot easier having better graphics when you have only one system to work with. And since PS3 and 360 are very different the time is being used to make the games run equally as well on both. Course RE6 still looks really amazing but yeah not a huge jump from RE5, and there's also the fact it's the same engine.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Having played RE5 exclusively on PC, I have to agree. RE6 just looks like a refinement on the tech rather than a serious upgrade. RE5 looks gorgeous on PC though so I'm fine with that.

ksdixon

I think there's a pretty clear distinction between B.O.W. and these kind of "collateral" infections in the earlier games.

IE.

Zombies were just the workers who got exposed.
Lickers were directly experimented on to become Lickers
Nemesis / Hunters and the Tyrants were intentionally created using the viruses/parasites
Drain Deimos / Brain Suckers / Crows were infected by feasting on infected people

whereas in the newer games I think it's pretty much implied that the parasite that causes people to become Ganado / Majini are directly related to the antagonists. Like didn't Tricell introduce the parasite to a tribe in Kijuju? And then, of course, also created all the enemies you see throughout the game too.

Yeah, this is kinda what I mean (after mixing up a couple of enemy description). Like, these zombies won't act like classic RE zombies, they'll be Ganado/Majin re-skinned to look like zombies only, but they'll act exactly as the infected enemies from RE4/5.

I am just hoping that our new player-control scheme, with such things as running and gunning and whatever else was listed, make for a game which I can actually play, unlike RE4/5.

Nemesis_

Yeah, this is kinda what I mean (after mixing up a couple of enemy description). Like, these zombies won't act like classic RE zombies, they'll be Ganado/Majin re-skinned to look like zombies only, but they'll act exactly as the infected enemies from RE4/5.

I am just hoping that our new player-control scheme, with such things as running and gunning and whatever else was listed, make for a game which I can actually play, unlike RE4/5.

Crimson Heads ran. >_>

From what we've seen I'm interpreting the J'Avo to be the new Ganado/Majini. Or are they something else entirely? The zombies look to only appear in Leon's campaign and they are a direct result of some form of outbreak in Twin Oaks or whatever it's called.

They're all products of the C-Virus though, which means they can undergo Chrysalis.

A game with old school classic Resident Evil zombies would be boring. I think this is what the development team of "3.5" realised before they went back to the drawing board with Resident Evil 4. I know it's not the best outcome and by no means does it make this direction okay, but I think after Resident Evil 0 a lot of people were burnt out and the reinvention was necessary.

Basically, I think it's time to give up on wishing we had OLD SCHOOL PURE Resident Evil because it's just not going to happen. We thought it might happen from RE4 to RE5 and now for some bizarre reason we think RE5 and RE6 will be different.

For the record, I'm of the firm belief this will be the perfect marrying of the new formula (Chris in China) with the old formula (Jake in Eastern Europe and Leon in North America). It sounds like a stretch but considering just how well Resident Evil Revelations did this (including how the forced partner being with you think, and how that was handled) and finally coupled with those working on the game (including Kobayashi) I am sure it will be decent for new and old fans alike.

Nemesis_

Crimson Heads were a pretty good idea though I do wonder why they were never utilised in later titles. I suppose the shift in perspective for the series made them kind of, errr, pointless.

ksdixon

Would there be anyone willing to basically carry my ass through RE5? I completely suck, so it'dprobably end-up with you soloing most missions, and me dying a lot. I just want to get caught-up on the modern storylines.

Top Bottom