• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Carbonox

Jake being an amnesiac Steve would really push the boat out on the craziness. His whole life after CV:X being orchestrated by Wesker and whatnot would be so over the top haha.

Still, Chris did say in the trailer that he recognised Jake and Chris never met Steve AFAIK, so Jake actually being Wesker's biological or a clone-son still remains the most likely fact.

Jackpot

Banned
true. then technically, they also have a 50% with this one. hahaha

well, blonde girl was more of a binary choice because she looked so much like them, though it could have been a completly new character. Whether steve is included or not out of all the possible characters is much lower odds.

volpone

Banned
People complaining about Claire's absence should still their tongues for the woeful Billy and Rebecca fans among us. Sure Rebecca gets a few cameos out of pity but Billy's gone for good. Claire, meanwhile, appeared in a canonical movie!

I hope Leon's still cracking-wise in this. It's worryingly looks like his personality has been lifted by Wesker Jr.

What I don't get is why would the US government let Sherry become an agent. She could get hurt and they would lose their only living G-Virus host or worse she could fall into the wrong hands with the virus still intact to another organization.

What's stopping the US government from just keeping her locked up forever? Leon?

What I don't get is why would the US government let Sherry become an agent. She could get hurt and they would lose their only living G-Virus host or worse she could fall into the wrong hands with the virus still intact to another organization.

What's stopping the US government from just keeping her locked up forever? Leon?

Given that her blood grants her some immunity to the G-Virus it is likely that Gov has antibodies by now at the very least. That said, her immunity may help her in this very situation where she has to go find someone else with a rare immunity/blood.

Otherwise, yeah. lol.

Carbonox

Given that her blood grants her some immunity to the G-Virus it is likely that Gov has antibodies by now at the very least. That said, her immunity may help her in this very situation where she has to go find someone else with a rare immunity/blood.

Otherwise, yeah. lol.

The government rounding up immune folks to help curb infections/outbreaks? End of Resident Evil confirmed as everyone becomes healthy and happy again? :O

HELL NAW GO AWAY.

kunonabi

She probably has magic powers so she can probably take of herself now.

Wisecracking Leon is rubbish so I'm glad he's back to being Leon. Chris is all business now so Wesker jr. taking that wise ass role works for me.

News Bot

Banned

They've studied her for 15 years so it's likely that she's not that vital. Besides, would you rather have someone who's just going to sit there and waste away, or someone you could use?

The government rounding up immune folks to help curb infections/outbreaks? End of Resident Evil confirmed as everyone becomes healthy and happy again? :O

HELL NAW GO AWAY.

Actually... yeah, that's what they do. Manuela Hidalgo, who had some sort of resistance to t-Veronica, was taken back to the government by Leon. His primary mission is to eradicate all of the viruses developed by Umbrella. The G-Virus and t-Virus are essentially no longer real threats (the government has G-Antibodies and a 100% effective t-Vaccine)

Speaking of the t-Vaccine, I'm bewildered as to how it exists because "t-Virus" isn't a single virus, it's a general name for a wide variety of different viruses. t-Veronica is a t-Virus. Marcus had one, Birkin had one. Then there are countless variant and mutant strains. The virus can even mutate in the wild on its own with no warning.

Nemesis_

Hmm. I just rewatched the second trailer, and I noticed something that I never really noticed before. Has this been mentioned in this thread before?

When the female villain squats and speaks to Jake about his father, a few quick flashes come on the screen. It took a while but I managed to pause them.

I wonder who he could be? He seems to be in a lab, but he also appears in China. I'm assuming it's the guy who speaks at the beginning of the second trailer, and thus the true villain. One of the previously mentioned project managers for the Wesker projects mentioned in RE5?

The third picture to me looks like the same man floating in a tank with a....leech? =/

SHIT is that Wesker on the left in the first picture?

Jacob4815

Hmm. I just rewatched the second trailer, and I noticed something that I never really noticed before. Has this been mentioned in this thread before?

When the female villain squats and speaks to Jake about his father, a few quick flashes come on the screen. It took a while but I managed to pause them.

I wonder who he could be? He seems to be in a lab, but he also appears in China. I'm assuming it's the guy who speaks at the beginning of the second trailer, and thus the true villain. One of the previously mentioned project managers for the Wesker projects mentioned in RE5?

The third picture to me looks like the same man floating in a tank with a....leech? =/

SHIT is that Wesker on the left in the first picture?

Probably this character has been spoiled too.... Capcom is so fucked...

Massive spoiler inside:
The source is IGN, and the same that confirmed them the identity of Sherry and the three-campaigns structure, so it seems legit.
According to our sources, this character is Derek Simmons, a National Security Advisor pursuing multiple agents. Throughout RE6, he'll interact with all of the major players, including recruiting Sherry Birkin and tracking Leon Kennedy. Simmons has his hands in everything that's happening in Resident Evil 6 and surely holds many secrets of his own.

Nemesis_

This is easily the shittest pre-release situation for a Resident Evil game ever. I can't believe so many fucking plot points have been leaked already.

What the FUCK are Capcom doing? How can they let this shit even get through? I am beyond disappointed. I wish things would change up (or that these leaks were purposeful to lead us down the wrong track).

News Bot

Banned
This is easily the shittest pre-release situation for a Resident Evil game ever. I can't believe so many fucking plot points have been leaked already.

What the FUCK are Capcom doing? How can they let this shit even get through? I am beyond disappointed. I wish things would change up (or that these leaks were purposeful to lead us down the wrong track).

CAPCOM themselves haven't leaked anything. The
clone
thing came from a third-party Portuguese localization company, while
Drake Simpson
came from an unknown source. They can't really do much to stop leaks from these.

Top Bottom