• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Trailer looks awesome, but I need gameplay. Still think the idea of co-op in a RE game is stupid, and the fact their bringing back Wesker through "Wesker Jr." is extremely lame. :\

Loving all the RE4 connections though.

Floex

Seriously, where does Capcom hire it's voice talent from? This is isn't even B movie stuff, absolutely killed the trailer for me. No idea why people getting hyped from that trailer, CG nonsense

Well if this thing has 6 player co op??i wonder if in the WiiU one can play with IR and the other can play directly in the Upad?

Asymetric gameplay could be huge for Mercenaries. The player with the Upad could spawn special monsters, unleash Hunters, set traps. One can only dream.

Still even if a WiiU port won't happen (highly unlikely) I'm getting this game on day one on 360. After Revelations, I have a ton of faith that the guys in charge of RE know how to make the game fun again. As long as it remains a tense experience I'll be up for it.

Aggelos

Very promising stuff!!
The music is very dramatic! It has to be Ada. Nice to see Sherry as returning character.
Why again Wesker (his son to be precise)? Why does the story always have to be connected with the Wesker bloodline when it comes to main villains/antagonists. Can't they just do away with Mr. Wesker?

Why would they announce a specific release date so early (in Jan 2012) only to change it four months later with their latest update? They wanna play games with the release date?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Seriously, where does Capcom hire it's voice talent from? This is isn't even B movie stuff, absolutely killed the trailer for me. No idea why people getting hyped from that trailer, CG nonsense

Brah that's in game footage mang. At the very least its in-engine most likely real-time like most of RE5's cut scenes. It looks like they are still using that tech from RE5 that makes the cinematics well very cinematic.

Very promising stuff!!
The music is very dramatic! It has to be Ada. Nice to see Sherry as returning character.
Why again Wesker (his son to be precise)? Why does the story always have to be connected with the Wesker bloodline when it comes to main villains/antagonists. Can't they just do away with Mr. Wesker?

Why would they announce a specific release date so early (in Jan 2012) only to change it four months later with their latest update? They wanna play games with the release date?

lol the nintendo fan in me want this to because that is the wiiu launch date and RE6 is a launch game

Paul Mercier was originally listed as Leon's voice actor in RE6 on IMDB. Are we to presume that they've replaced him, or that he's just speaking with a different intonation? It's hard to tell from the trailer.

Either way, this might be an amusing ride. Although I'm worried that Leon's section will be too serious, devoid of the dry, cheesy humor that made RE4 so much fun.

Anteater

Chris throws a punch at Leon! press RT to dodge and both triggers to plunge a knife into his big dumb biceps

Press A to laugh as he bleeds out on the floor

Isn't there a real time dialogue system or something? We could probably choose our favorite one liner!

1. "Chris, You are small time."

mattp

continuing the ridiculous story in an even MORE convoluted way. sherry's back. wesker has a son. random globe trotting. feels like they're trying so hard to make it "epic"
blah

couldn't be further from what I want

Aggelos

I really, REALLY hope we finally get to kill that douchebag Ada in this game.

Somethin better, I really hope that in the end Chris shags her so hard that she dies, (while poor Leon, afflicted with voyeurism, watches and envies Chris for his ability to spark irresistible attraction to hot babes like Ada Wong)

maybe Roger Craig Smith(Chris) took all the budget
He deserves it. =)

eso76

That was extremely cheesy and also extremely awesome.

"Sherry's back. wesker has a son. random globe trotting".
And Chris and Leon fighting, predictable plot twists, betrayals...

I already love it.

Yeah, i would have appreciated a classic RE, but this looks like amazing popcorn fun

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
This game will seriously be GOTY. I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT.

mattp

That was extremely cheesy and also extremely awesome.

"Sherry's back. wesker has a son. random globe trotting".
And Chris and Leon fighting, predictable plot twists, betrayals...

I already love it.

Yeah, i would have appreciated a classic RE, but this looks like amazing popcorn fun

I guess I would be excited about all that campy nonsense if I knew they could pull off the gameplay as well as mikami did for 4.
unfortunately I don't think they can

Kinyou

Ugh, every scene in the trailer is with a partner. I don't think I'll buy it when co-op is forced into it yet again.

HUNNIGAN, I NEED YOU TO FAKE OUR DEATHS.
For Leon was it the most important phone call of his life. For Hunnigan, it was Tuesday.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One thing to remember is that Resident Evil has, since the start, been based off of B-films. Resident Evil was based off of Sweet Home, which was a terrible Japanese horror movie.Capcom made the game, which was surprisingly good. Resident Evil started off as a remake of Sweet Home, but went it's own direction and pulled a lot from film. Every Resident Evil since has, such as Resident Evil 4, which pulled a lot of element from the Lovecraft-inspired film, Dagon (if you've never seen it, you should. Some of the stuff Resident Evil 4 took from this game is so blatantly obvious).

Resident Evil 6 is going to be cheesy. BUT, that's not a bad thing. Resident Evil has always been cheesy. However, it does look like the kind of cheesy that could be very enjoyable to watch, especially for long-time fans.

I need to see more of gameplay, but I really do like the style of gameplay they have going but happy to see enhancements. I just hope it has more horror elements, since that severely lacked in 5. I know Resident Evil is going to have action-moments, I've accepted that. But I also believe this game isn't going to be a straight-up action game. I do think it's going to combine action with horror and adventure gameplay.

I know it's not the same, but I'll be honest I have a lot of fun with the RE series, both old and new. I did think Resident Evil 4 was better than 5 though, so if this game can touch Resident Evil 4 for me at all (which would probably be on a list of some of my favorite games ever), I would be more than pleased.

Hedja

Here's an idea, Capcom: Drop the "game" and just make another movie. Seriously... I liked watching the cutscenes for RE4 and 5 (the gameplay was meh) and that animated movie was pretty good. Seems to me RE6 is another case of story over gameplay.

So just drop the funding for mediocre gameplay and make another movie.

One thing to remember is that Resident Evil has, since the start, been based off of B-films. Resident Evil was based off of Sweet Home, which was a terrible Japanese horror movie.Capcom made the game, which was surprisingly good. Resident Evil started off as a remake of Sweet Home, but went it's own direction and pulled a lot from film. Every Resident Evil since has, such as Resident Evil 4, which pulled a lot of element from the Lovecraft-inspired film, Dagon (if you've never seen it, you should. Some of the stuff Resident Evil 4 took from this game is so blatantly obvious).

Resident Evil 6 is going to be cheesy. BUT, that's not a bad thing. Resident Evil has always been cheesy. However, it does look like the kind of cheesy that could be very enjoyable to watch, especially for long-time fans.

I need to see more of gameplay, but I really do like the style of gameplay they have going but happy to see enhancements. I just hope it has more horror elements, since that severely lacked in 5. I know Resident Evil is going to have action-moments, I've accepted that. But I also believe this game isn't going to be a straight-up action game. I do think it's going to combine action with horror and adventure gameplay.

I know it's not the same, but I'll be honest I have a lot of fun with the RE series, both old and new. I did think Resident Evil 4 was better than 5 though, so if this game can touch Resident Evil 4 for me at all (which would probably be on a list of some of my favorite games ever), I would be more than pleased.

Agreed. I've never actually finished an RE game, but this is something I've always known. Cheesy B grade acting is welcome.

Top Bottom