• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

I am surprised you saw a 6, I know I didn't. I am sure that the t-Abyss virus will be discussed as some kind of "precursor" to the new C Virus.

Both Conan O'Brian and Jessica were working for them. I will try to dig it up, I know I read / heard it somewhere.

Oh, here it is!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev/logbook/log_20120224.html

Zoom in on the image. This is an image of Jessica/Raymond uploading their report to their employer. Notice the logo on the uploading screen?

It's not super concrete but we'll see if this trend is continued at all.

Also Ada has hardly EVER looked Asian besides her original concept art in RE2. I really do hope this is Ada, she looks great. The thing is, does she interact with Leon at all in this video? Or Sherry? Because if she doesn't then we can pretty much confirm it has to be her =/

Oh that's a big catch. It could be something. The 6 was something people on GAF pointed out, I never noticed. I hope Jessica and Parker make a return in some future game. Parker was a pretty good RE character like Barry.

I'm more than positive it's Ada. We already had confirmation prior to this trailer that Ada would be returning in some form.

Grisby

Nice. Hopefully Chris punches Leon so hard that he lands in an another GBA game.

Also, I guess Ada's not just playing the straight line anymore.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I just watched it at work with no audio, and I'm finding it very difficult to hide the excitement in my pants.

Okay guys, seriously, media blackout starting now. I completely spoiled myself prior to RE5, and it threw no surprises. This though... my goggle, I need to play with a fresh pair of eyes.

Same here. I can't wait to get my ass home and watch the trailer with audio.

ryan13ts

It's looking good. It seems much better than RE5, not that that's hard to do though. I'm really looking forward to Leon's section, which hopefully is more like old-school RE than the last two games were. I'm still iffy on Chris and Wesker Jr. (That sounds so weird to say) sections, but I'll still give them a shot.

And what's up with Ada being a villain? I don't know if I like that... I just hope she "seems" like a villain but is actually a good guy trying to stop the real villain. It would be so out of character if Capcom just turn Ada straight up evil.

Lettuce

And this is a Resident Evil game how??? Seriously Capcom leave the series alone it just goes from bad to worse! From series highs like 2 & 4 to this and 5.....how the mighty have fallen!

Nemesis_

I just watched the scene in the trailer where
Leon stops Chris from shooting her

Can't believe I missed that - it's GOT to be Ada.

Nemesis_

Yea, Leon is protecting Ada and Chris was like "I don't give a shit, it's her behind all this!"

Chris has always appeared to be the jockish guy who wuold shoot first and ask questions later anyway, to be fair. But we'll see.

I'm waiting for a DUMB Sheva cameo.

Ada has also aged, so maybe that's why she's looking a little different.

I made some avatars anyway for Ada-GAF. Truth is I tried to make a few but couldn't decide, but you guys can have the rest! =P

yeRmm.jpg
44KvI.jpg
Jfwwl.jpg
RzLmr.jpg
w1Bnb.jpg

Do we have ANY idea who the voice is of the person at the beginning? The woman at the beginning is Helena, right?

And this is a Resident Evil game how??? Seriously Capcom leave the series alone it just goes from bad to worse! From series highs like 2 & 4 to this and 5.....how the mighty have fallen!

LOL

How was 4("a series high") any more 'Resident Evil' then 5 and this?
answer
it was less

Famassu

It's funny how you can assess the quality of a game based just on cutscene clips. I want that skill too!

I guess it's just me but I knew it was Ada the instant they showed her off. She looks slightly different but not that different to me. She also still looks Asian in RE6 to me. RE4 and RE2 walked that fine line as well and gave her really subtle Asian features.

Nemesis_

LOL

How was 4("a series high") any more 'Resident Evil' then 5 and this?
answer
it was less

I loved RE4. I think it did what needed to be done with the series, but to be honest I was really let down by the story which was incredibly lacklustre and quite frankly pretty generic.

RE5 was, for me, a step in the right direction from a STORY perspective. I know people will be like LOL RESIDENT EVIL STORY but it's something I do enjoy playing the games for, no matter how cheesy or cliche it is.

With Leon, Sherry, presumably Ada and the return of a virus (and not a parasite) I am in heaven as a Resident Evil fan. Sure, it's something that seems a little bit over the top, westernised and contrived but at the same time the Resident Evil fanboy in me just can't get enough.

The fact the director of this game is associated with RE2 and Outbreak (I believe?) is honestly enough for me.

And to be quite frank I don't think there was anything exceptionally wrong with Resident Evil 5's gameplay. It was a fun game that, if anything, had too much centered on co-op which was one of it's only downfalls. It was not a revolution, or an evolution, but instead an attempt to emulate RE4 which is not really a bad thing since RE4 was so good anyway.

I don't really know what I want to say. >_>

I guess it's just me but I knew it was Ada the instant they showed her off. She looks slightly different but not that different to me. She also still looks Asian in RE6 to me. RE4 and RE2 walked that fine line as well and gave her really subtle Asian features.

I'm glad someone shares this viewpoint with me. I mean, really?

In RE4 she looked barely Asian. If it weren't for the dress I would not even think so =/

SK1rk.jpg

To be fair, she has looked considerably MORE Asian in the cutscenes for Darkside Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City but these aren't directly developed by Capcom.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You can choose whatever character to start your adventure with.
Although Eiichiro Sasaki suggest Leon as the better fit.
I also have to say that it looked a ton better then RE5 (morse tense), controls seems 10x better, even tho the game is a co-op experience poster child.

Grisby

Chris has always appeared to be the jockish guy who would shoot first and ask questions later anyway, to be fair. But we'll see.
Chris watched her inject all of his buddies with science that kills. Man, who wouldn't want to open up on her upon another meeting?

I found it hilarious that Leon was all, "No dude, we need her for questioning!"

Nice avatars though. I lover her scarf (off to that scarf thread that was a month or so back).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wondering if Wesker Jr. is possibly german? Hardly ever heard of a german video game protagonist.

No. He's not,
it
was unclear if he was from a made up Country of Eastern Europe (Endonia or something similar iirc) or just a mercenary there
to make money tomsupport his mother

Nemesis_

Chris watched her inject all of his buddies with science that kills. Man, who wouldn't want to open up on her upon another meeting?

I think I just jizzed out way too much halfway through the trailer and missed the entire second half. I've just rewatched, you raise a good point. As I said before, I didn't even notice the mini-battle between Leon and Chris over "Ada".

I guess with the male voice at the beginning, that said voice is the main villain and Ada will eventually be revealed as the turncoat and help out Leon/Chris.

I think. >_>

Ada still can't dress for the occasion.

OFt26

Excella wore Alexander McQueen and Jimmy Choo while working in a lab in Africa. I don't think many of Capcom's ladies dress practically lol

I'm hoping for Claire.

Claire and Billy are well overdue for some kind of return. I doubt we will ever see Billy again. I am surprised we have gone so many Chris-starring games without any mention of his sister. =/ With Sherry and Chris in this game, it seems like an appropriate time. Giving her a leading role in a CG movie won't cut it for me Capcom! I have honestly given up hope on ever seeing Billy again. Barry and Rebecca, to me, are meh.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Leon needs a damn haircut. And who still uses a VHS tape these days? Nice trailer, but I'm still on the fence until I see some gameplay footage.

There was some gameplay footage in the first trailer.

I loved RE4. I think it did what needed to be done with the series, but to be honest I was really let down by the story which was incredibly lacklustre and quite frankly pretty generic.

RE5 was, for me, a step in the right direction from a STORY perspective. I know people will be like LOL RESIDENT EVIL STORY but it's something I do enjoy playing the games for, no matter how cheesy or cliche it is.

With Leon, Sherry, presumably Ada and the return of a virus (and not a parasite) I am in heaven as a Resident Evil fan. Sure, it's something that seems a little bit over the top, westernised and contrived but at the same time the Resident Evil fanboy in me just can't get enough.

The fact the director of this game is associated with RE2 and Outbreak (I believe?) is honestly enough for me.

And to be quite frank I don't think there was anything exceptionally wrong with Resident Evil 5's gameplay. It was a fun game that, if anything, had too much centered on co-op which was one of it's only downfalls. It was not a revolution, or an evolution, but instead an attempt to emulate RE4 which is not really a bad thing since RE4 was so good anyway.

I don't really know what I want to say. >_>

for me story is why I liked 5 and dislike 4
gameplay wise 4 is better in most aspects but 5 is generally more 'plain fun' with more guns and co-op

raven777

All the characters look great....except Chris. I can't get used to his new hairstyle.

And I actually thought Ada was a new character..

Kaldea

If Ada is the new villain, what are her motivations? Obviously not to take over the world, so I guess money? That just seems unlike her. Well, you really don't get to know much about her in general, but still. :/ She's always working for whoever hires her. I can't see her as someone who just takes over. And someone (Leon?) says she's an important witness. What does that mean in relation to her maybe being the one who runs the show now? Doesn't make sense to me. Knowing way too much and working for the wrong people? That's more classic Ada than anything.

Also, what will be the nature of Leon and Ada's "relationship" this time? If Leon really fakes his death, that will leave his options wide open for any crazy thing but I can't see Leon supporting anything illegal/dangerous. Either way, he does confront Chris over Ada's apparent role in whatever is happening.

My opinion is that the trailer is misleading us to think she's "evil" now when there's obviously much more to the story. But knowing Capcom now, they'd probably give everything away and things are exactly as they seem.

/overanalyzing

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Didn't we have a poll asking which game we liked more, RE4 or RE5, and RE4 won convincingly? After the initial new game mystique ran out, most RE fans concluded that RE4 was the better game. That says a lot given all of the new gameplay additions that came with RE5.

I hope they include some version of Raid mode in RE6. That should be the new merc mode for the series. So much ridiculous fun.

Chris has always appeared to be the jockish guy who wuold shoot first and ask questions later anyway, to be fair. But we'll see.

I'm waiting for a DUMB Sheva cameo.

Ada has also aged, so maybe that's why she's looking a little different.

I made some avatars anyway for Ada-GAF. Truth is I tried to make a few but couldn't decide, but you guys can have the rest! =P

yeRmm.jpg
44KvI.jpg
Jfwwl.jpg
RzLmr.jpg

Do we have ANY idea who the voice is of the person at the beginning? The woman at the beginning is Helena, right?

Thanks, took one.

Nemesis_

haha this looks great...so you guys still boycotting Capcom? ;)

I think boycotts are dumb and I never was. >_>

If Ada is the new villain, what are her motivations? Obviously not to take over the world, so I guess money? That just seems unlike her. Well, you really don't get to know much about her in general, but still. :/ She's always working for whoever hires her. I can't see her as someone who just takes over. And someone (Leon?) says she's an important witness. What does that mean in relation to her maybe being the one who runs the show now? Doesn't make sense to me. Knowing way too much and working for the wrong people? That's more classic Ada than anything.

Also, what will be the nature of Leon and Ada's "relationship" this time? If Leon really fakes his death, that will leave his options wide open for any crazy thing but I can't see Leon supporting anything illegal/dangerous. Either way, he does confront Chris over Ada's apparent role in whatever is happening.

My opinion is that the trailer is misleading us to think she's "evil" now when there's obviously much more to the story. But knowing Capcom now, they'd probably give everything away and things are exactly as they seem.

/overanalyzing

Male voice at the beginning. BAM.

Also, did anyone notice how Helena says more games? or something? THIS IMPLIES PUZZLES.

I THINK

YESSSSSSSS

[/overanalyzing]

Red UFO

You guys getting super pumped up are insane. You can be interested in a game/series without heralding it as the return of Christ.

This game definitely has a much more creepier vibe than 4 and 5 combined. Hopefully shit chases you through walls and stuff. Gotta keep that tension up

Top Bottom