• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour demo now on PC [Steam]

The game runs on my core-m fanless laptop... at 800x600 resolution, but still surprised that it works!

Anyway that I can use this resolution but make it fill the display?

---
edit: Okay, I just set the resolution to 1080P and changed the resolution scaling to 0.5. The game seems quite different from any other resident evil that I have played, has a silent hill vibe to it.

massive performance improvement with HBAO+ enabled with the patch...now SSAO (the non-variable one) and HBAO+ are close to the same as far as frames goes

bee

yeah i'm assuming it's working (gets higher gpu usage than ssao) but the patch took hbao+ from 4k@25 to 4k@60 for me

Momentary

Banned
I'm getting like a weird crawl with shadows now for some reason. It only happens in certain rooms like the kitchen and the entry way. Reflections is what's breaking it. I had to set it to VARIABLE.

Gren

I'm getting like a weird crawl with shadows now for some reason. It only happens in certain rooms like the kitchen and the entry way. Reflections is what's breaking it. I had to set it to VARIABLE.
I always had that issue. Was immediately noticable for me on the lampshade near the mirror.

Gonna boot this up again to check out HBAO.

Atolm

They really fixed the HBAO+, yeah...now it's smooth as butter with everything turned to max...I'll get this on PC.

jonno394

I'm seeing these white dots flickering in some textures. I tried changing some settings, makes no difference. But they are more visible when I use smaa for some reason.

source.gif

Glad someone posted this. I'm not the only one, though mine are much more pronounced while in smaa mode. When i switch back to something else they're gone, but then the texture quality doesn't appear as nice :/ hopefully the smaa issues don't appear for me in the final game.

ghostwich

Glad someone posted this. I'm not the only one, though mine are much more pronounced while in smaa mode. When i switch back to something else they're gone, but then the texture quality doesn't appear as nice :/ hopefully the smaa issues don't appear for me in the final game.

Ah, aliasing "shimmer." Those could be addressed by driver updates, depends if Nvidia/AMD change something.

(Or you could try and mess with Nvidia Inspector and change the AA method and game identification.)

renzolama

Those shimmers look almost exactly like the AA artifacts that were in Dishonored 2 at release. I'm not sure if that was fixed or not.

So I finally got around to playing the updated demo on my PC last night, and really loved the new content they added. Basically, this is a super effective demo as it completely sold me on the game.

One quick question though, I know the murder mystery puzzles have been solved, and I can easily find the solutions online. For the first couple, I even understand why you point the dummy hand where you point it at. But the last three riddles seem incredibly obtuse. Hell, even how you trigger the one with
axing the painting
seems like complete luck for someone to find.

Anyone got a link to how these riddles were found, and why the answers are what they are? Specifically,
the pot
answer makes no sense to me based off the riddle

Ghazi

I'm seeing these white dots flickering in some textures. I tried changing some settings, makes no difference. But they are more visible when I use smaa for some reason.

source.gif

Are you forcing AF from the Nvidia/AMD control panel? I've seen something similar happen in other games because of this, but no guarantee it's the case here.

DonMigs85

Have to say, it's very well optimized. Runs almost maxed other than shadows at 1080p/60FPS on my GTX 960/Q9550 machine.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Damn my interest from this game went from "oh right, a new RE game has been announced, always forget" to "this is becoming one of the longest wait eveeer" after playing that demo. I need it so bad.

What's with Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour demo getting updated so often? It got updated few weeks ago and now it got updated again. What did they add or change each time?

Top Bottom