• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

5 has a smaller inventory too (although that's partially mitigated by having 2 inventories). I found ammo to be about as scare/plentiful across the two games though.

zeemumu

I actually had the hardest time with ammo management in RE6. That's why I liked Jake's story.

Once I beat RE4 enough, I became an unstoppable force

BadWolf

I actually had the hardest time with ammo management in RE6. That's why I liked Jake's story.

Once I beat RE4 enough, I became an unstoppable force

You only really have ammo issues in RE6 if you play it like a straight up shooter instead of like how it's supposed to be played, with precision shooting to set up melee.

Man, I'm looking at Resident Evil sales numbers

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339764&highlight=capcom
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Resident Evil 5: 7.85 million (7.1 million + 750,000 rerelease)
Resident Evil 6: 7.4 million (6.7 million + 700,000 rerelease)
Resident Evil Revelations 2: 2.1 million
Resident Evil Remake HD: 1.8 million
Resident Evil 0 HD: 1.3 million

We need Revelations 3, action RE, and classic REmake 2. Fuck, just give us more Resident Evil. People fucking love Resident Evil.

Jawmuncher

With all the bonus modes out for RE7 now.
We definitely still need a actual mercs game now. These are nice diversions but don't have the same weight.

cheez124

With all the bonus modes out for RE7 now.
We definitely still need a actual mercs game now. These are nice diversions but don't have the same weight.
i agree. i think i'm gonna pass on the DLC tbh, nothing i've seen really interests me. the survival mode seemed promising, but it's kind of held back by the lack of enemy variety RE7 has, as well as having only one real map.

still holding out hope that one day we get a standalone mercenaries game, kinda like mercenaries 3D, but with characters and levels from all across the series and for home consoles/PC

Free RE7 DLCs? What have I missed today, I thought only the DLC teaser from end of game was free.

Aside from that, those saying Madhouse is a completely new mode are full of it. Like 95℅ of progress needed items are in the same place and only random stuff like ammo, heals etc are moved. The only real major difference is where get scorpion key from, which in itself made one puzzle pointless and not used.

Very early on some molded are moved but then halfway through the Old House is like the Devs just said 'sod it' and stopped making changes. Didn't bother even changing any puzzles.

Main difference to Normal is enemy health ballooning and Jack getting back up after a minute or so instead of staying dead until hit a progress marker, which is the shittiest of changes and not the sort to add any replay value at all.

Poor performance indeed.

1upsuper

Howdy, all. I loved my first real RE experience with 7, so I picked up the RE 1 and 0 remake collection on PS4. I've never played either of those titles - should I play 1 first, or 0?

Why is there no item box in RE1 in the underground section...or immediately after. Who thought this was a good idea?? Like you need TWO cranks in your inventory to access the area and some stuff inside and they don't put an item box in there??

Now I have to go all the way back to the mansion and then all the way back just to get into the lab, which I'm sure will have an item box immediately.

This game is good...but REmake stay winning.

Edit: I'm dumb, the guest house is closer...but still. They put a typewriter down there I don't see why they wouldn't put a item box too.

Jawmuncher

I dunno how many times I can say that Rev 1 & 2 don't appeal to most action fans of 4-6. Too many people seem to think "Action RE = shooting guns in third person"

gelf

Why is there no item box in RE1 in the underground section...or immediately after. Who thought this was a good idea?? Like you need TWO cranks in your inventory to access the area and some stuff inside and they don't put an item box in there??

Now I have to go all the way back to the mansion and then all the way back just to get into the lab, which I'm sure will have an item box immediately.

This game is good...but REmake stay winning.

Edit: I'm dumb, the guest house is closer...but still. They put a typewriter down there I don't see why they wouldn't put a item box too.
Pretty sure there's an item box in a save room after the spider boss. REmake did make a good decision putting one with the initial typewriter though.

Jawmuncher

If we see some more RE games this year. Ports of Rev 1 and CVX I could see happening.
Wonder if they would even CONSIDER porting ORC. That would be a hard buy for me, unless it had all DLC and some big changes to the gameplay. Mainly in the damage department so it didn't have bullet sponge enemies.

It shoudln't take me more than one bullet to kill enemy soldiers in the head.

If we see some more RE games this year. Ports of Rev 1 and CVX I could see happening.
Wonder if they would even CONSIDER porting ORC. That would be a hard buy for me, unless it had all DLC and some big changes to the gameplay. Mainly in the damage department so it didn't have bullet sponge enemies.

It shoudln't take me more than one bullet to kill enemy soldiers in the head.

Bullet sponge enemies were a good part of it, it's a 4 player game, enemies need high health or you get players with little to shoot at because everything dying so fast.

But I don't see them porting it, original Dev is dead, they didn't bother porting it to Steam like RE5 and despite good sales even after original shipment the game was critically panned and still to this day has false negative info stuck to it.

Jawmuncher

Bullet sponge enemies were a good part of it, it's a 4 player game, enemies need high health or you get players with little to shoot at because everything dying so fast.

But I don't see them porting it, original Dev is dead, they didn't bother porting it to Steam like RE5 and despite good sales even after original shipment the game was critically panned and still to this day has false negative info stuck to it.

If anything then perhaps scale the bullet sponge enemies based on the player amount. But yeah I doubt they ever touch that game outside like Xbox BC

Seyavesh

god any time i see anything pre-RE7 and chris related i just get sad with the thought that the guy from RE7 might end up bein' my dude

'cuz he ain't

at all

i just want more BSAA/chris games

EW4ElQw.jpg

Alright RE6 nuts, I have a question about the PC version. Is their a way (or mod) that lets you have custom loadouts in the mercenaries game mode?

I remember loving the game mode on console.

Seyavesh

Alright RE6 nuts, I have a question about the PC version. Is their a way (or mod) that lets you have custom loadouts in the mercenaries game mode?

I remember loving the game mode on console.

there's a trainer that would theoretically let you have custom loadouts by editing the inventory you go into it with. you can also pick diff. chars for the pre-existing loadouts by just changing the chars with the trainer.

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/391/model-swap-59-trainer-v5

jonno394

Finished Resident Evil 7 yesterday, and was aching for some more Resi and realised i've never actually played Resi 5 properly and I had it sitting in my steam library!

I remember playing it on PS3 via PS+ and thinking it was awful (controls, fake co-op etc) and giving up during the first major sequence of 1:1! Played for a good hour or 2 this morning and just started chapter 2:2, Man this game is a blast. Obviously a completely different beast to 7 and the earlier games, but the action and melee combat is superb, plus I like the BSAA side of the story (mostly because of RE: Revelations!)

Mr_Zombie

Yep, RE5 is still a really good action game - co-op or not. Maybe it isn't as tight designed as RE4, and there're too many rail-gun sections (especially the N'Desu fight - it might be so much better if it was just a regular fight), but the game itself is really good.

A hint about Sheva: give her different weapons than yours, so that she won't steal your ammo - I like giving her Uzi (for close combat) and a sniper rifle (for far away enemies). Also, have her at defense, so she will stick close to you and attack only immediate threat. Only change her state to "attack" if there are hard to aim enemies far away, so she could snipe them.

jonno394

Yep, RE5 is still a really good action game - co-op or not. Maybe it isn't as tight designed as RE4, and there're too many rail-gun sections (especially the N'Desu fight - it might be so much better if it was just a regular fight), but the game itself is really good.

A hint about Sheva: give her different weapons than yours, so that she won't steal your ammo - I like giving her Uzi (for close combat) and a sniper rifle (for far away enemies). Also, have her at defense, so she will stick close to you and attack only immediate threat. Only change her state to "attack" if there are hard to aim enemies far away, so she could snipe them.

Thanks for the tips, I've left her with just handgun for now, might give her the machine gun. Didn't realise you could issue commands like that!

Mr_Zombie

Thanks for the tips, I've left her with just handgun for now, might give her the machine gun. Didn't realise you could issue commands like that!

IIRC on PC it's under arrows: up is attack mode and down cover mode. On consoles I think you change modes by pressing O/B (Playstation / Xbox gamepad).

finley83

Banned
It's vastly better at at 60fps on PC, makes it a real shame that you can't do local co-op on the Steam edition as otherwise it'd probably be the definitive version.

Gradon

I posted up highlights from my first RE7 playthrough (in VR) on YouTube that I streamed because my friends wanted to watch me play, if anyone's interested in watching.
Lots of screaming, swearing and bitching. Had friends in the background too.
They're obviously full of spoilers though.
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

small edit: I actually didn't realise how loud I was during the first part, if you watch lower the volume a lot. lol.
I was up for 24 hours when I first played this game because I was in work at 6am and booked the day off work the next day to play it at night.
hence the hyperness

jonno394

It's vastly better at at 60fps on PC, makes it a real shame that you can't do local co-op on the Steam edition as otherwise it'd probably be the definitive version.

Yeah i'm playing 4K at 60fps, I assume the PS3 version I played before was 30fps hence why I thought everything was too slow and not fun, whereas this time i'm having a blast (maybe).

Just started Chapter 3, I wasn't too enamored with turret sections at the end of chapter 2, but they were harmless really, just hope they aren't too numerous....

Jawmuncher

Reading the Resident Evil facebook posts is something else.

Literally the fanbase has done a 180 in that regard, and we can consider that the more "general" audience. Literally capcom will never make everyone happy unless they ever decide to approach the series in some sort of 3 pillar strategy. Which on it's own will never happen, since capcom seems to be more about "hey director, make the game you want to make" over anything else.

Jawmuncher

re8 takes place entirely on a boat

directed by koshi nakanishi

I swear if we have to get another fucking boat in an RE game.....It's done capcom give it up. We have had 4 (5 if we count gaiden) titles all on boats and none of them really made it all that worthwhile of a setting.

Gradon

I think I liked Dead Aims the best. I love the boat setting but yeah, too many.
What sort of setting would guys want RE8 to take place in this time? We've had cities, boats, houses, Spain, Africa, China, South America, trains, etc etc.
Only other thing I can think of is an underwater lab facility or space.

Jawmuncher

I think I liked Dead Aims the best. I love the boat setting but yeah, too many.
What sort of setting would guys want RE8 to take place in this time? We've had cities, boats, houses, Spain, Africa, China, South America, trains, etc etc.
Only other thing I can think of is an underwater lab facility or space.

I think they should kinda follow RE2 this time. RE7 followed REmake, 8 should follow 2. Have it set in the city and such. I think a actual full on Outbreak from a first person point of view would be cool.

Though I guess with RE2make it'd be too similar. I just don't want them to go back to a mansion so quickly.

Gradon

8 should follow 2. Have it set in the city and such. I think a actual full on Outbreak from a first person point of view would be cool.

This what I liked most about Leon's campaign in RE6, the chaos that unfolds in the city in as you're running through that RE2, 3 and Outbreak couldn't convey in real time is so distressing. I really loved the amount of detail that went into each NPC who was trying to escape - just like Leon and Helena. The amount of people being murdered left right the amount of zombies gave the best response to me when it came to the zombie outbreak.

If they implemented that in real time in your face then I think a city setting would work well for RE2.

All I know for definite that I want is for Capcom to continue VR'ing in RE8.

Zambatoh

I swear if we have to get another fucking boat in an RE game.....It's done capcom give it up. We have had 4 (5 if we count gaiden) titles all on boats and none of them really made it all that worthwhile of a setting.

Personally I think Cold Fear did the boat setting right. It's a shame none of the RE titles got close to that.

Top Bottom