• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Why on EU PSN there are two versions of Code Veronica X for PS3 you can purchase, with different covers?

On UK store at least, one is a special discount version for owners of RE4, according to the description (says unavailable to me as I don't own RE4 digitally).

The RE4/CVX bundle seems to be same price as just CVX also.

TreIII

Yes. And release that stand alone Mercs+Raid game already (to tide us over till then)

Yes, please.

What I hope is that what Jaw and some others talked about comes to pass. With main RE being "experimental horror", there's no need for a Revelations successor to be a "horror+action" composite to try and make people happy. Call it something like "Biohazard Heroes" and go all in on the action and soap opera.

Jawmuncher

Code Veronica will at least have a platinum trophy

https://www.exophase.com/game/reside...-psn/trophies/

Slayer of Evil
Unlock all trophies.

The Terror Begins
Escape from the graveyard of terror.

A Changed Father
Liberate the changed man.

Beyond the Shades
Encounter a former S.T.A.R.S. captain.

The Fallen Tyrant
Flatten an unstoppable enemy.

The Prisoner Who Lost Everything
Defeat the nameless man and end his suffering.

To The Frozen Land
Begin the search for your sister.

The Arrogant Queen
Put an end to the Queen's reign.

Duty and Humanity
Deliver some medicine to a man in need.

Weapon Crazy
Get the Rocket Launcher.

From The Young Lady
Receive encouragement from a young lady.

The Green Giant
Say farewell to your fallen comrade.

No Time To Kill
Finish the game in under 4 hours.

Is It Cold In Here?
Claire was shivering in the freezer (must be in Battle Game, in third-person view).

Mirror Mirror
Look in the broken mirror in the locker room with Chris (must be in third-person view).

Eye of the Tiger
Look at the tiger statue in the medical hallway with Chris (must be in Battle Game, in third-person view).

We Don't Sell 1-Ups
Use the soda machine outside the locker room with Steve (must be in third-person view).

I Spy
Look at the one-eyed statue in the infirmary with Wesker (must be in third-person view).

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better...
Earn an A ranking in Battle Game with Claire.

I Can Do Anything Better Than You
Earn an A ranking in Battle Game with Chris.

A is for Alternate
Earn an A ranking in Battle Game with Alt. Claire.

Rockfort's Finest
Earn an A ranking in Battle Game with Steve.

Power Hungry
Earn an A ranking in Battle Game with Wesker.

Battle Master
Get the Linear Launcher from Battle Game.

Feeling Blue
Collect all Blue Files in the Story.

It's Not All Dark and Gloomy
Collect all Yellow Files in the Story.

Reading Red
Collect all Red Files in the Story.

Tactical Upgrades
Upgrade the M93R.

Packing a Punch
Modify the Glock 17.

Decorative But Deadly
Acquire the Gold Lugers.

Jawmuncher

New Trailer. Shows some more of the horror bits (and rebecca) along with some new action bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z-TkwNH1Ok

I only made GIFs for the action lol
insta0wk55.gif

instacvkuc.gif

kc44135

PS2 version of CV is by far the worst. Why use that?
Er, what makes it the worst version? Surely the Dreamcast version the worst due to lacking the extra cutscenes from X and having Steve DiCaprio, right?
New Trailer. Shows some more of the horror bits (and rebecca) along with some new action bits.

insta0wk55.gif

instacvkuc.gif

Damn, this movie looks awesome. Can't wait!

Er, what makes it the worst version? Surely the Dreamcast version the worst due to lacking the extra cutscenes from X and having Steve DiCaprio, right?
PS2 version is visually worse from memory, with messy overall look, I remember my DC and GC copies being better.

The DC did get the extra scenes in a Japan only rerelease, but GC also got them.

The HD port they did is imo by far the best version though.

Morgoth

Banned
I just started Revelations 2. I very much loved the first on the 3ds. What is the general consensus on this game? So far so good.

insta0wk55.gif

instacvkuc.gif

I really hope they top Advent Children's motorcycle scene.

I just started Revelations 2. I very much loved the first on the 3ds. What is the general consensus on this game? So far so good.

It's rather rough around the edges due to lack of budget, but the core gameplay is pretty damn good. Raid Mode is really great. The story is rich with gooey cheese.

Nice trailer. Looking forward to Vendetta.

It's good to see Rebecca once again but I'm still waiting on what happended to Jill after 5...

What was the budget for Resident Evil 5?

It's so polished. It's hold up for a game coming out in 2008.

AFAIK the budget has never been revealed. Probably pretty big though as a lot of stuff was remade, altered or straight up dumped when they added co-op. Some was later reused for the DLC but others dropped/never finished.

Golnei

DMC4, for all of its content woes, had almost as impressive production values around a year earlier; and it was likely profitable off a significantly smaller amount of sales - so I think that 5 would have at least been in line with their expectations, even with the extended production and changing scope. They definitely would have been pouring quite a bit into it though.

Jawmuncher

Don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that 5 looks better than 6.

6 is really weird. There are moments where it looks nice. But then there are indeed moments where it looks worse. I recall a big issue was they wanted to push lighting instead of better graphics or something like that. This why the game wasn't as big of a leap as many had hoped.

I will say the character models (Which have been MTframeworks bread and butter) were still very nice though. A lot of the ugliness stems from the environments

DMC4, for all of its content woes, had almost as impressive production values around a year earlier; and it was likely profitable off a significantly smaller amount of sales - so I think that 5 would have at least been in line with their expectations, even with the extended production and changing scope. They definitely would have been pouring quite a bit into it though.
Thing with DMC4 is a large part of its sales were at fire sale price. Could buy that thing for £5 new for years on end. Is no wonder they rebooted it. Gets quoted as the best selling game but pure number not everything, like RE6 got decent sales numbers, but it got heavy discounts only weeks after release.

RE7 by comparison despite selling not as much in same space of time has held its value very well.

finley83

Banned
Thing with DMC4 is a large part of its sales were at fire sale price. Could buy that thing for £5 new for years on end. Is no wonder they rebooted it. Gets quoted as the best selling game but pure number not everything, like RE6 got decent sales numbers, but it got heavy discounts only weeks after release.

RE7 by comparison despite selling not as much in same space of time has held its value very well.

Since REmake HD came out Capcom seems averse to significant discounts on their titles. I can't remember many releases from them that have gone below 50% off on Steam within the first year after release.

That is absolutely not true.

They expected it to sell 1.8 million http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/fy2007a.pdf

It shipped 2 million in the first month
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/02/20/devil-may-cry-4-ships-2-million-copies-worldwide.htm

And it sold 2.32 million by the end of the next fiscal year http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/fy2008a.pdf

Unless it dropped to £5 a couple months after launch, your assertion is incorrect.

That would be correct for DmC.

They shippied 1.1 million after wanted to sell 2 million

Then they revised their estimate to 1.2 million
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-05-capcom-reduces-devil-may-cry-sales-target-by-800k

Then they revised their estimate again to 1.15 million
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...sourcing-has-resulted-in-a-decline-in-quality

And it now sits at 1.9 million, still 100K short after almost four and a half years.

Jawmuncher

I still hope we see a game with Jill and Jake. With Jill still having a bit of super powers in a sense due to the whole RE5 incident. That seems like the best pairing to me. Especially since she has ties to Wesker as well.

I still want RE in space with Chris rocket punching a fucking space station.

I still hope we see a game with Jill and Jake. With Jill still having a bit of super powers in a sense due to the whole RE5 incident. That seems like the best pairing to me. Especially since she has ties to Wesker as well.

I want Jill to come back, period. Last game she was in was Revelations and that took place in 2005. We literally know nothing about Jill outside of a couple optional messages from 2008 to 2017.

RedSnake

Vendetta is probably just the movie localisation company using their own group of VA's, RCS not being one.

RE7 I still don't believe is Chris, the tweets etc about him I believe part of the ruse.

RE7 ending spoilers
There's a new gun replica comming out in japan that aprently states that Umbrella went bankrupt but brought back to life under new leadership and a new law to "undo all it's darkness". I still don't want notChris to be Chris but all things point out to him being the real deal.

Lyonaz

Man I finally got to play RE7 this weekend, after I bought it in february.
I finished it in one 12 hour session. Loved the game.
Wish I had a PSVR, that would have been even better.

It was overshipped, in EU for certain, they shipped those copies to stores but customers (us) didn't buy that many. When this happens rather than stores sending the excess copies back to Capcom, Capcom will instead refund some of the cost so stores can drop the price. Is a very common buyer protection practice, otherwise one big name bomb and stores could be hit extremely hard, a few in a Xmas period could bankrupt them. In US first month DMC4 sold little over 500k.

Same would have happened for RE6.

Top Bottom