• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Why does digital release weeks earlier than physical? They surely realise gamers, who have gotta be the majority of who are interested in this are more likely to pirate it than anyone else?

Why does digital release weeks earlier than physical? They surely realise gamers, who have gotta be the majority of who are interested in this are more likely to pirate it than anyone else?

Pushing digital distribution over physical and it taking slightly longer to print up the physical discs and cases to when digital is ready to go

finley83

Banned
Big RE sale on UK PSN store. Front page only has links to PS4 deals, but search for Resident Evil to find some big PS3 discounts as well.

Sesha

If Capcom were smart they'd launch an online browser version of RE Mercenaries, combining it with Revelations 2's online features, mainly focused on Asia with a special focus on China. Not sure why they didn't do that with Umbrella Corps. Maybe UC was an experiment in regards to going that route and that's why the game is so slapped together.

AdaWong

The new Ada Wong statue pre-order ends May 26!
429201761918PM_20170428_174132_072.jpg

The costume is RE4 Ada but the face/hair is RE6 Ada.

This time, Wanku Studio is bringing us the most popular figure “Miss Wong”, who is inspired by Ada Wong in Resident Evil. The re-creation makes this character to be more mysterious and ambiguous, such as the sexy and wild image shows the antihero figure and the dispassion thinking during any hell and high water. The hottest short hair and incredible curve are her most attractive signs.

http://www.toypanic.com/toy.aspx?p=23847

Akiller

I have no idea about the DMC 5 rumor, but RE7 was revealed at Sony's conference last year, so it's not that out there for REMake 2 to be there

I mean, it's the remake of one of the most important PS1 games ever(just like what happened with FFVIIR).
Also, E3 is the place to show off big game IPs like Resident Evil.

Mr_Zombie

Hard to tell. Capcom did release DmC Definitive Edition and DMC4: Special Edition (which included three brand new characters) two years ago, but neither of them are on the Platinum titles list, meaning they didn't manage to sell at least 1 million copies.

I wonder if Capcom has a surprise for the fans, other than their current projects (7 DLC, REmake2 and REv HD)

But what if DMC5 has been in dev longer than RE2make🤔
I can see that being the case but REmake 2 fits better at E3 and DMC5 (if exists) at TGS, just my opinion hahah.

Hard to tell. Capcom did release DmC Definitive Edition and DMC4: Special Edition (which included three brand new characters) two years ago, but neither of them are on the Platinum titles list, meaning they didn't manage to sell at least 1 million copies.

That's not saying much, though. DMC 4 SE was a port of a then seven year old game and was digital only outside of Japan and DmC generally only sells on sale.

finley83

Banned
Yes. This is true for most games in the series. Which is probably why the early games had unskippable cutscenes in their initial releases.

Guess this makes the GC ports of 2 and 3 definitive then, as to my knowledge you can't skip cutscenes in any other versions.

Gravidee

Think there will be a RE3 remake after 2? They could probably reuse the same engine and assets too, given that it's in the same city and all.

Jawmuncher

Think there will be a RE3 remake after 2? They could probably reuse the same engine and assets too, given that it's in the same city and all.

I think their whole plan is to basically remake everything from the PS2 and backwards so that they can start going port crazy with them in the future. So long as RE2make sells well, I think we're basically guaranteed to see a RE3make and so on.

Neiteio

I think their whole plan is to basically remake everything from the PS2 and backwards so that they can start going port crazy with them in the future. So long as RE2make sells well, I think we're basically guaranteed to see a RE3make and so on.
Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. And it's not only so they can port them in the future — they can also resell them in collections, as well.

Remake RE2.
Remake RE3.
Remake RE:CV.

Port RE2.
Port RE3.
Port RE:CV.

Put RE1, RE0, RE2, RE3 and RE:CV in a collection.

Put RE4, RER1, RE5, RER2, and RE6 in a collection.

Put the above two collections into one super-collection.

And so on. Infinite money, into the future!

Jawmuncher

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. And it's not only so they can port them in the future — they can also resell them in collections, as well.

Remake RE2.
Remake RE3.
Remake RE:CV.

Port RE2.
Port RE3.
Port RE:CV.

Put RE1, RE0, RE2, RE3 and RE:CV in a collection.

Put RE4, RER1, RE5, RER2, and RE6 in a collection.

Put the above two collections into one super-collection.

And so on. Infinite money, into the future!

They're lucky RE fans are double dip happy. Though things are definitely gonna run dry without remakes of any kind. For example RE4 on X-Box Two or PS5 would need to be more than 4K and 60 fps even at 20 bucks. They're kinda at the end of the rope on that in terms of getting a large amount of sales from a rerelease I would say.

Now if they did RE4 on those systems with a graphical overhaul (Like the current mod is doing) that I think would be more than enough for them ask people for $20 again. Or even just new additions like how RE5 had Mercenaries United. Little things like that would go a long way in enticing people. I made a thread about RE4 in particular awhile back and the ability to select Professional on your first playthrough or Merceanries without being needing to beat the game are small things that add up.

kc44135

Hmm, with all this talk of ports, I wonder if we could see any of the RE games ported to the GameCube Virtual Console on Switch (assuming that's a thing)? GC had REmake, RE0, RE2, RE3, CVX, and RE4... just imagine the possibilities. The various RE HD remasters would probably work fine on Switch too. Imagine getting the crap scared out of you by a Crimson Head on a Bus ride while playing REmake, or imagine being on your lunch break, and just busting out some RE2. Better yet, imagine suplexing hordes of Ganados in RE4 while taking a dump. It would be the most epic trip to the can ever!

Jawmuncher

RE ports to switch would definitely be a new gold mine for them. I could definitely see RE4-6 and Rev 1 & 2 happening. All of those I think could run fine on the system and at worst at least be locked at 30fps

kc44135

RE ports to switch would definitely be a new gold mine for them. I could definitely see RE4-6 and Rev 1 & 2 happening. All of those I think could run fine on the system and at worst at least be locked at 30fps

Well, thinking more on it, the old-school RE's could be a bad fit for Switch as portable experiences due to the way their save systems work. I'd still want 'em anyway, but yeah. RE4-6 could be great, though, especially Mercenaries. I would love to be able to just jump into some Mercs on the go. I know we already kinda had that with Mercs 3D, but... Idk, it just felt so dumbed down to me. Fully fledged Mercs on the go would be like a dream come true.

Here's hoping REmake2 delivers and Remake3 happens at some point.

Well, thinking more on it, the old-school RE's could be a bad fit for Switch as portable experiences due to the way their save systems work. I'd still want 'em anyway, but yeah. RE4-6 could be great, though, especially Mercenaries. I would love to be able to just jump into some Mercs on the go. I know we already kinda had that with Mercs 3D, but... Idk, it just felt so dumbed down to me. Fully fledged Mercs on the go would be like a dream come true.
I may sound as a broken record but I'm still waiting for a full Mercenaries game for consoles, since 7 didn't had one.

Jawmuncher

I may sound as a broken record but I'm still waiting for a full Mercenaries game for consoles, since 7 didn't had one.

Really disappointed that the bonus modes were lackluster in RE7. Jacks birthday just isn't much fun, since it basically turns into "Watch a youtube video for the best route" and Survival mode had a good premise, but with only one map and the combat being how it is. It kinda peters out (Especially with later weapons being unlocks). Though if that mode was expanded upon, it definitely could potentially offer the most.

Really disappointed that the bonus modes were lackluster in RE7. Jacks birthday just isn't much fun, since it basically turns into "Watch a youtube video for the best route" and Survival mode had a good premise, but with only one map and the combat being how it is. It kinda peters out (Especially with later weapons being unlocks). Though if that mode was expanded upon, it definitely could potentially offer the most.
Yep, 7 is a good game but the lack of other modes is dissapointing IMO.

I need more Mercenaries in my life lol

Jawmuncher

Like the one reason I wouldn't mind RE2make being in the RE4 style (Even if it's blasphemous to some), is that it makes the potential of Mercenaries returning that much higher.

The last brand new mercenaries was 5 years ago.
It's time.

I really like 4 but I'm hoping for a REmake approach.

The Mercenaries dose we need should come as a full console game, don't really know how Capcom greenlits games like Umbrella Corps and not this.

Top Bottom