• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

The realistic style of RE7 was a mistake when you look at all of that. Though funny enough the renders of said characters from RE7 kind of fit well with these outside chris. Since they're more styilized there than they are in game.

Lucas:
https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/010...1/1080/1/lucas-é-o-filho-da-família-baker.jpg

Jack:
(I can't find this one, but it's the one where he's surrounded by fire and is holding the gun to his head)

Margarita:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...94_03_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170126075246

From this:

918828e20106ef8ca8bb7460d42944a4.jpg

To this:

Like... what?

BadWolf

Helena was great, she and Leon made a good team.

I do hope the next games have a bit more of that Japanese touch to them. Though I understand why it's lacking in RE7. I'm just saying I don't think I can deal with a ton of REs being like that tonally and style wise (not gameplay wise)

I don't think I can deal with another mainline RE being this forgettable. I can say with confidence that if this is how RE was to begin with then I would have never gotten into the series. The Japanese touch absolutely needs to come back and be front and center.

*bro fist*

Helena was great, she and Leon made a good team.

...how? She withheld mission critical information and strung him along a ridiculous and dangerous wild goose chase only to almost get them both killed by her BOW sister who she repeatedly tried to hug even after her sister demonstrated she just wanted to kill both of them. Shit's irresponsible, B.

At least Steve from CVX makes me LOL every time he shows up. Helena's just annoying. She has some cool melee moves and that's about it.

...how? She withheld mission critical information and strung him along a ridiculous and dangerous wild goose chase only to almost get them both killed by her BOW sister who she repeatedly tried to hug even after her sister demonstrated she just wanted to kill both of them. Shit's irresponsible, B.

At least Steve from CVX makes me LOL every time he shows up. Helena's just annoying. She has cool gameplay moves and that's about it.

One name:

Ashley

latest

Mechanically she isn't annoying since she isn't with you the whole game, but story wise...

"LEEEEEON! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!"

Helena was just exposed to the bioterror world, she believe her sister could be saved. Leon meanwhile who knows better kept trying to talk to the president who was clearly a zombie and almost let him bite Helena due to hesitation.

And Leon kills and murders innocent civilians in the latest movie and doesn't even acknowledge it.

One name:

Ashley

latest

Mechanically she isn't annoying since she isn't with you the whole game, but story wise...

"LEEEEEON! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!"

Yeaaaaaaaaaa that's true. But Leon has great smart ass interactions with her. He acts like a total bore with Helena. After all that shit she put him through he tells her "I think I'm starting to like you!", no sass or nothin.

Helena was just exposed to the bioterror world, she believe her sister could be saved. Leon meanwhile who knows better kept trying to talk to the president who was clearly a zombie and almost let him bite Helena due to hesitation.

And Leon kills and murders innocent civilians in the latest movie and doesn't even acknowledge it.

Well she should have told him about her sister before she was trying to bite his head off. Leon's a turd too after RE4.

Yeaaaaaaaaaa that's true. But Leon has great smart ass interactions with her. He acts like a total bore with Helena. After all that shit she put him through he tells her "I think I'm starting to like you!", no sass or nothin.

Leon's quips make it tolerable, but when I fail a room for the third time on professional because she can't even use a knife to ward anyone off for a few seconds and I hear that "LEON! HELP!", I'm like

DWZOb8.gif

And then a couple cutscenes later she runs off for no reason and gets herself caught again...

strafer

The protect ashley part in the castle were she's gotta turn some wheels is fucking annoying, I hated that part, I hated the castle, I hated the music, I hated the enemies.

I just wanted to die.

I love RE 4, but there are certain rooms with Ashley on Professional where I'm like "Ah fuck, not again". Normal ain't so bad because if you fail a couple times the game reigns in the difficulty of the enemies present and it becomes very manageable.

Gameplay wise the protect Ashely sections are dope, especially the one in the castle! Having to snipe enemies off Ashley while fending off the dudes attacking you is grade A tension. So good RE5 basically reused it for the licker setpiece.

The castle is where RE4's encounter/level design variety really starts to shine. The village probably has the best atmosphere (tho castle is no slouch) and maybeee pacing, but it's EZ mode.

Gameplay wise the protect Ashely sections are dope, especially the one in the castle! Having to snipe enemies off Ashley while fending off the dudes attacking you is grade A tension. So good RE5 basically reused it for the licker setpiece.

The castle is where RE4's encounter/level design variety really starts to shine. The village probably has the best atmosphere (tho castle is no slouch) and maybeee pacing, but it's EZ mode.

Agreed that it works well (far better than something like Goldeneye). And on normal it was a blast. It's just on my professional run... a few of those rooms, man. Still a great time, but when I heard those calls for help, I had the same reaction that most have to Baby Mario crying in Yoshi's Island.

BadWolf

You know, looking at these character designs you really gotta give Capcom credit for not going lewd with the ladies.

Jill, Shiva, Rebecca, Helena, Sherry, Claire, Moira etc. all have good designs that aren't overly sexualized. Even Ada was super stylish in RE6.

It's basically the complete opposite of their design philosophy for female characters in Street Fighter lol.

Helena is the worst main/partner RE character in the series.

You played the first Revelations right?
Not a big fan of Helena either but come on.

And then there's Steve..

And yeah, RE is full of great designs. The females are insanely attractive but in most cases the default outfits aren't sexualized Anything goes for alts though lol, but I'd be a hypocrite for complaining since I use them :)

Oh god, I forgot about Jessica. The entire time she is super jealous about Chris' relationship with Jill and the entire time Chris is like "I ain't got time for this shit" and you can hear it in his voice. She also complains during the entire chapter with Chris.

Oh god, I forgot about Jessica. The entire time she is super jealous about Chris' relationship with Jill and the entire time Chris is like "I ain't got time for this shit" and you can hear it in his voice.

Yup. IMO Steve is the worst though.
I also hate those other 2 idiots in Revelations, forgot their names.

Overall,the designs are pretty sensible for the most part (discounting the ludicrous and occassioanly straight up offensive bonus costumes like tribal Sheva), but y'all are forgetting some of the stuff in the actual games like how 50% of the cutscenes in RE5 focused on Sheva's ass for the majority of the frame, RE4 ballistics, or Sherry getting naked and peeped on by Jake "pshhh women"(or did Leon say that?) Wesker in RE6.

But overall, yeah the RE games usually only have mild sexual tension so they are pretty tame in terms of content and typically largely have a good roster of solid female characters that they treat as well as the guys (mostly).

And then there's Steve..

Once I beat CVX, Revelations 1 will be the only mainline game in the series I haven't played.

Overall,the designs are pretty sensible for the most part (discounting the ludicrous and occassioanly straight up offensive bonus costumes like tribal Sheva), but y'all are forgetting some of the stuff in the actual games like how 50% of the cutscenes in RE5 focused on Sheva's ass for the majority of the frame, RE4 ballistics, or Sherry getting naked and peeped on by Jake "pshhh women"(or did Leon say that?) Wesker in RE6.

But overall, yeah the RE games usually only have mild sexual tension so they are pretty tame in terms of content and typically largely have a good roster of solid female characters that they treat as well as the guys (mostly).

Once I beat CVX, Revelations 1 will be the only mainline game in the series I haven't played.

True. And it's not that I forgot it, but I still give props to Capcom since Resident Evil has a large cast of female characters who are, for the most part, extremely competent at their job (just as much so as the male characters) and they are all highly respected professionals in-canon. They're all Special Forces, government agents, gifted scientists, journalists, college students, medics, spies, chemists, researchers, doctors, leaders of countries, etc.

There are issues and quite a bit Capcom could do better on... and yeah, Capcom deserves all the shit they get for Tribal Sheva outfit which is just, what the fuck:

And she uses a bow and arrow on top of it...

3RlVv_f-maxage-0.gif

You should keep it that way.

Can definitely tell it was originally a handheld title.

It was also has some of the worst character designs:

I mean what the fuck is up with Rachel having hair over both eyes? Were they too lazy to render the other half of her head?

Jawmuncher

latest

tumblr_op1luudW3r1uv41s9o1_500.jpg

I think these are fine costume wise and the characters themselves are fine.
But Revelations wet suit theme was pure shit. Every wet suit in that game looks dumb.
Chris was the only one that had a decent look since it doesn't even look like a wet suit

God Damn I hate Revelations.
Shit doesn't even have an easy trophy/achievement list

I got nothing against Parker as a character, but his design outside of the horrible wet suit was bland. But yeah, the entire game was just stylistically unappealing as all hell. Revelations 2 was much better outside of some wonky character models.

Rev1>Rev2.

Rev 2 some ugly ass jank.

Rev 1 has infinitely better bosses, exploration, progression, story and the raid mode doesn't suck like Rev 2s.

Enemy design overall much better too, even the Ooze variations are better than Rev 2 designs, and Rev 1 has a bunch of non ooze enemies on top.

AND THE VALENFIELD SUBTEXT HOLY SHIT ALMOST FORGOT.

Jawmuncher

Rev1>Rev2.

Rev 2 some ugly ass jank.

Rev 1 has infinitely better bosses, exploration, progression, story and the raid mode doesn't suck like Rev 2s.

Enemy design overall much better too, even the Ooze variations are better than Rev 2 designs, and Rev 1 has a bunch of non ooze enemies on top.

AND THE VALENFIELD SUBTEXT HOLY SHIT ALMOST FORGOT.

They're both basically in the same camp for me.
Though i'd say just pure gameplay wise I prefer Rev 2 more. You can definitely tell that Rev 1 had more of a budget though even for being a portable game on home consoles.
Regardless the Revelations series to me is some of the worst stuff mainline RE has put out.

RSB

Banned
From this:

To this:

Like... what?
Seriously.

Cool stylized designs from RE0-6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boring realistic designs from RE7

The characters in RE7 look so different that it's like they don't even exist in the same universe as the other RE characters. Capcom better go back to the more stylized designs in the next games.

Now that I see all the Revelations designs, I must say that most of them are bland/not so interesting. Rachel's is among the wtf reactions for me at least.

I'll probably buy it for PS4 though hahah.

Golnei

FBC Jessica is cute, it's just a bad fit for RE. I wouldn't put it in the same category as the others, at least.

Still, putting them all together, it's obvious how much of a step up Revelations 2 was. The revisions to Barry and Claire model-wise from REmake and DSC weren't perfect, but overall everyone actually looked like they belonged in the series and could stand alongside the cast of 5 and 6.

I really wish they'd put the original RE1-3 on current gen consoles ala Final Fantasy VII. I don't like the idea that REmakes are going to replace them entirely, since I think there's a lot of value in playing the originals given the changes, and I want all the RE games on my PS4. I'd drop $20 on a three pack no question.

kc44135

I really wish they'd put the original RE1-3 on current gen consoles ala Final Fantasy VII. I don't like the idea that REmakes are going to replace them entirely, since I think there's a lot of value in playing the originals given the changes, and I want all the RE games on my PS4. I'd drop $20 on a three pack no question.
I absolutely agree with this. I'd love to have the original Trilogy on current Consoles, or hell, even just put the PC ports on Steam. Like, anything would be better than just letting them be lost to time. I guess maybe Capcom just genuinely thinks no one would be interested in buying PS1 games nowadays? If that's the case, then I personally think they're wrong, and I'd pay good money for HD versions RE 1-3 and Dino Crisis 1 and 2 (yeah, I realize they couldn't uprez the backgrounds, but they could at least make the in-game stuff look a lot better).
Did the release date for Revelations HD change? It says August 31st. Thought it was a September release.
It still shows September 30th on GameStop for me.

Jawmuncher

I should've taken a picture of it. The official website said August 31st. But now says Fall 2017. If it comes out in August you heard it here first.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My favorite character design is REmake Jill. I also might be one of the five people who likes Battlesuit Jill. It's over the top in an amusing way for me. Like Chris' biceps.

RE6 Ada is pretty fun too.

RE6 is also my favorite look for Leon. I never really liked his look until RE6. The bomber jacket was sweet, but the boy band hair always annoyed me.

Top Bottom