• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Seems like the melee system is taking more from RE6 than Rev1 which imo is a good thing.

Yeah I noticed they are using some of RE6 control system but I have failed to see any running so I hope you have to walk/run slowly through the levels. So the controls are definitely improved upon since the first one.

$40 is the Complete Pack of the game that includes everything, same content as will be in the retail disc release.

What is this? I thought the season pass for 25 dollars was everything. Didnt notice any other options on PSN.

Cannot wait- footage shown last week and week before looks solid.

You will like ;)

storafötter;153316046 said:
Yeah I noticed they are using some of RE6 control system but I have failed to see any running so I hope you have to walk/run slowly through the levels. So the controls are definitely improved upon since the first one.

You can walk around, nothing stopping you from taking it slowly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
$40 is the Complete Pack of the game that includes everything, same content as will be in the retail disc release.

Cisab

I bought this like a week ago, waiting for it to be released in Europe, probably by wednesday I'll be able to play it.

Here are the descriptions from GMG of what the 25 dollar pack has and what the 40 dollar pack has.

The 25 dollar pack.

Episodes 1, 2, 3 & 4

Extra Episodes 1 & 2

Raid Mode Character - HUNK

Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack

The 40 dollar pack.

Episodes 1, 2, 3 & 4

Extra Episodes 1 & 2

Raid Mode Character - HUNK & Wesker

Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack

Character Costume Pack

Digital Soundtrack Selection and Mini-Artbook

So basically Wesker and costumes for 40. I got it off GMG for 25 bucks so I'm good with that.

You can walk around, nothing stopping you from taking it slowly.

Sorry I noticed I wrote that sentence in a contradicting way. I meant I enjoy running through levels too, not just walking/running slow like in the first game. It makes sense to walk slower when confined to corridors/small rooms mostly or slow enemies. But I also want the option to run fast like RE6 if you have to backtrack.

Here are the descriptions from GMG of what the 25 dollar pack has and what the 40 dollar pack has.

The 40 dollar pack.

So basically Wesker and costumes for 40. I got it off GMG for 25 bucks so I'm good with that.

Meh, if that is all you get for 15 more dollars I am glad that I stuck with the 25 dollar pack.

storafötter;153316676 said:
Sorry I noticed I wrote that sentence in a contradicting way. I meant I enjoy running through levels too, not just walking/running slow like in the first game. It makes sense to walk slower when confined to corridors/small rooms mostly or slow enemies. But I also want the option to run fast like RE6 if you have to backtrack.

I can't recall being forced to walk often if thats what your refering to. Also for those wondering about reviews. I don't know if sites are going to review each episode. I know our site is doing impressions for each episode and on release with the final episode a review for the entire package. I've already written up my small impressions on episode 1 and halfway through episode 2 as of now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One thing to note as well is the Raid Mode Throwback Pack is pre-order only to the Complete Season thing, so it won't be included post-release. It's basically a stages from Resident Evil Revelations 1 and Resident Evil 6 playable in Raid Mode. Artbook and Soundtrack also pre-order bonus.

Looks good until it suddenly goes into scaled down letterbox split screen crap, ugh.

I wish developers would stop doing this, just give us the extra FOV instead of shoving 40% black areas on the screen.

yeah but I imagine the majority of people wont be playing split screen coop- its not 1998 anymore

edit:but is annoying to show off the game

The 25 dollar pack.

The 40 dollar pack.

Damn, I thought it was a little more than just Wesker and costumes...

How did you get it for 25? I used a coupon code and got it for 32, but not for that cheap

I really like the idea of a more "budget" release coming out for a bigger franchise. For $25 I'll give it a whirl.

Great job on the OT Nemesis!

I don't see anything on the PSN description about the $24.99 season including extra episodes 1 and 2. So my gut tells me that is exclusive to the $40 version. But then how do day 1 digital people get access to them?

MGS-GAF pls.

uuklsv.gif

Shauni

I don't see anything on the PSN description about the $24.99 season including extra episodes 1 and 2. So my gut tells me that is exclusive to the $40 version. But then how do day 1 digital people get access to them?

The extra episodes are with the season pass. They don't release on day 1, they release in March after the initial four episodes are finished. It's in the OP.

The Complete Edition is also not digital for consoles, everyone should know. The $40 package, at this point in time, is physical.

Ricker

Yeah...because its 25 bucks(on PS4) and I am a sucker for all things RE,I said why the hell not and I kinda like the way they are releasing it,an episode every week and all,fingers crossed.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll be waiting for the retail package. I can wait, and I'd like to discourage Capcom from trying this hamfisted episodic release schedule in the future.

Ricker

I'll be waiting for the retail package. I can wait, and I'd like to discourage Capcom from trying this hamfisted episodic release schedule in the future.

Why... its not like its a Telltale game with one episode every 3-4 months or god knows when...it's just something different they are trying and like you said,you have the option to wait...

Manu

You're trying to discourage them from charging $25 and are going to buy the $40 edition to send a message?

Yeah, that'll show them.

Tain

The hard part of deciding whether or not to get this game will be getting impressions from people that like RE6 and dislike Revelations.

Gradon

My boyfriend has borrowed my PS4 over the entirety of this release, I was going to get digital but I guess I'll get physical now for when I get it back.

Anyone have any good prices for the UK version? Best I could find is £30.

Dr Dogg

Corking work as always Nemesis_. Really looking forward to this and how it plays from the weekly release schedule.

Now just the waiting game for GMG to send out keys...

Me being an RE but I am of course excited but Rev 1 was not that good. Raid mode though made up for it, so I am in this for raid, and Wesker. Oh and Barry too, so glad he is back.

YRuafraid

Banned
I don't care if it's only $25...... RE1 HD Remaster was only $20 and it's leaps and bounds better than this.

I love Capcom and RE (old RE) but I kinda hope this game get terrible sales so Capcom gets a reality check and pulls their shit together and start working on RE2 Remake.

Is it bad that this will be my first RE game?

Yes. Really bad. I would go with the RE1 HD Remaster if I were you

Shauni

I don't care if it's only $25...... RE1 HD Remaster was only $20 and it's leaps and bounds better than this.

I love Capcom and RE (old RE) but I kinda hope this game get terrible sales so Capcom gets a reality check and pulls their shit together and start working on RE2 Remake.

It's this kind of bullshit that makes RE threads not even worth following anymore.

Beth Cyra

There is little to no chance that even if Rev 2 tanks they would suddenly devote the very large amount of resources needed to remake RE2 in the style of Remake during this day and age.

The only way that happens is if Resident Evil proves that it's HUGE and can support that level of game on top of new entries, so new entries failing on hurts the idea of RE2.

Is it bad that this will be my first RE game?

I do find that pretty interesting, only because I kept myself in the dark and knew nothing other then Clair and Barry being in it and now that I've got my hands on it. I'm surrpised. I guess will see what folks say on release day for the first episode.

YRuafraid

Banned
It's this kind of bullshit that makes RE threads not even worth following anymore.

No offense if you are a fan of Revelations, but Capcom's decline after the PS2 era is no bullshit

There is little to no chance that even if Rev 2 tanks they would suddenly devote the very large amount of resources needed to remake RE2 in the style of Remake during this day and age.

The only way that happens is if Resident Evil proves that it's HUGE and can support that level of game on top of new entries, so new entries failing on hurts the idea of RE2.

But RE1 HD Remaster did really well, it was their highest selling digital game if I'm not mistaken. They know there's good demand for that stuff, and creating RE2 remake in the style of REmake shouldn't take more effort than a brand new RE where they have to create the characters, story, level design, puzzles, etc all from scratch

Top Bottom