• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

-MD-

Giving this another try but I'm still not finding it very enjoyable, I'm halfway through episode 2 right now.

The story is typical RE so that's whatever but the combat is just so dull, that's my biggest problem with it. That and forcing you to play as 2 characters is just not something I want to be doing in this game, it's only there for story purposes and I'd rather Claire just hold a flashlight herself, the little girl's ability and gameplay is even worse than Moira's so I'd remove her as well. Also I had this problem the first time I played but the AI is so brain dead that it's constantly getting itself killed, they run straight into huge enemies and get the shit beaten out of them so I have the pleasure of walking around with bloody screen for the next 10 minutes looking for an herb or cloth, so annoying.

I'm not sure if I'll finish the whole season, we'll see I guess. Probably gonna wrap up episode 2 tonight.

late edit: finished episode 2 but i'm gonna stop there, just kinda over it at this point.

Bladenic

Finished Chapter 3 with Claire! Awesome ride.

But
how come the Uroboros tentacles weren't actively trying to absorb Claire/Moira? Also despite the moment being cool, Neil sure took his time just sitting on top of Claire. Creepy. AND pretty sure Claire and Moira should both be either dead or paralyzed from a fall like that. But that's beside the point.

Curufinwe

I'm on the first box puzzle with Moira and there is no controller vibration to help me find the second unlock point

Nm, I figured it out

Giving this another try but I'm still not finding it very enjoyable, I'm halfway through episode 2 right now.

The story is typical RE so that's whatever but the combat is just so dull, that's my biggest problem with it. That and forcing you to play as 2 characters is just not something I want to be doing in this game, it's only there for story purposes and I'd rather Claire just hold a flashlight herself, the little girl's ability and gameplay is even worse than Moira's so I'd remove her as well. Also I had this problem the first time I played but the AI is so brain dead that it's constantly getting itself killed, they run straight into huge enemies and get the shit beaten out of them so I have the pleasure of walking around with bloody screen for the next 10 minutes looking for an herb or cloth, so annoying.

I'm not sure if I'll finish the whole season, we'll see I guess. Probably gonna wrap up episode 2 tonight.

Are you playing on hard? That makes encounters a lot more intense. The two character thing takes a while to get used to, but I think it's handled pretty well as they incorporate it into the encounters in some interesting ways.

Neiteio

Finished Chapter 3 with Claire! Awesome ride.

But
how come the Uroboros tentacles weren't actively trying to absorb Claire/Moira? Also despite the moment being cool, Neil sure took his time just sitting on top of Claire. Creepy. AND pretty sure Claire and Moira should both be either dead or paralyzed from a fall like that. But that's beside the point.
Did you switch to Moira when Claire was pinned and defeat the boss with Moira? That's how you get on track for the good ending.

Sadist

I really like Revelations 2, good stuff.

Started last wednesday and I'm reaching the end of Claire's part in episode 3. I played several rounds of Raid as well.

Curufinwe

I'm really liking it so far. The influence of TLOU is very noticeable.

I think I've been low on ammo because I haven't been playing often enough as the second character who can find hidden items.

BadWolf

I'm really liking it so far. The influence of TLOU is very noticeable.

I think I've been low on ammo because I haven't been playing often enough as the second character who can find hidden items.

You should correct that asap, they find a ton of items, ammo etc.

You can also conserve a lot of ammo if you utilize them in combat.

Mr_Zombie

There's also a skill where, when you play as Moira/Natalia, Claire/Barry will shoot enemies on their own without wasting any ammo (they will shoot and reload their weapons, but the ammo count will stay intact). It's very efficient especially in Claire's scenario - Moira's crowbar, when upgraded, can be quite powerful on normal enemies, so you can hit enemies with it while Claire keeps enemies at bay using shotgun.

And basically, outside the combat, there's little to no reason to not to play as Moira/Natalia. Both girls can find hidden ammo/items and secrets (bugs/Kafka drawings); both girls have basic melee weapons that can damage enemies; Moira can stun enemies with her flashligh while Natalia can see invisible enemies or can detect enemies' weak points.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finally finished this game.

Monster Wesker
was SCARY. Like legit frightening just to watch walk around.

I got
the good ending, and the final fight was pretty cool in concept, except for the best tactic seemingly being "let Claire do all the damage". Sniper Claire also looks great, a really fantastic design that I'll be using in all subsequent playthroughs.

Onto the special episodes!

Last night I hit level 100 with barry and unlocked the final gauntlet in raid mode, I was hoping for a huge trip around the island or something but instead it was just the final boss with some zombies thrown in, a little upsetting after all this time.

I still love raid mode though, it's good fun in bursts and messing with upgrades to make that perfect weapon never get's old.

Halp. :( Lost my Revelations 2 save (Steam version). Played fine last night, worked great, finished as normal, save now gone. :(

Had got up to chapter 3. I don't mind Raid mode, I can do that again, I wasn't too far. Can anyone help? :/

Sorry to bump this after all this time, but have any PC users tried this on Windows 10? No matter what I try, I can't get the game to run at my native res, 1366x768. Editing the config.ini and setting launch options does nothing and the game just reverts back to 800x600. Is the game just shit, or is there something I'm missing?

I'm beginning Episode 3 and really enjoying this game so far. It's quite obvious that this is a budget title, but I'm having more fun with this than RE6. Not quite as good as classic RE or RE4, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Great pickup for $6.

Quesa

Quick question: will picking up items as Claire/Moira mean there are fewer items for Barry/Natalia? Feels like I have too much stuff as the former and not enough as the latter.

Quick question: will picking up items as Claire/Moira mean there are fewer items for Barry/Natalia? Feels like I have too much stuff as the former and not enough as the latter.

I don't think so. Barry's campaign is much harder than Claire's and I had the same exact problem. If you're in dire straits, you can always finish an episode on casual to stock up on stuff. Also, I recommend just rushing through everything if possible (that's how I beat it on the hardest difficulty).

Mr_Zombie

No. The only thing you can do in Claire's campaign that will affect Barry's (as far as I remember) is killing the infected by headshot - that weird goo explodes from their heads and is there on the floor in Barry's campaign.

As for Barry's campaign: use Natalia to seek weak spots and throw bricks at enemies. If you upgrade the brick throwing ability (Laying Bricks) it can do quite a damage. Also, invest in the Unholstered skill - it will make Claire and Barry use their weapons when they are not controlled (when you're controlling Moira or Natalia) without actually spending ammo (they will reload weapons, but when you switch back to that character the ammo count won't change). It means you can equip Claire / Barry with magnum and they will fire that weapon at enemies; the power of those weapons will be lower when AI is playing as Claire / Barry, but hey - those are still free shots!

Neiteio

No. The only thing you can do in Claire's campaign that will affect Barry's (as far as I remember) is killing the infected by headshot - that weird goo explodes from their heads and is there on the floor in Barry's campaign.
No, there's other stuff, too. For example, if Claire kills Mutant Pedro in the fishing village instead of running from him, Barry can find his chainsaw and use it in the hotel to bypass the Pedro fight entirely. And if you disable or avoid using the flamethrowers in the prison as Claire, Barry won't have to shut them off later. And I think there is a moment or two where you can pry open a door as Claire to simplify things for Barry. And so on.

Quesa

Thanks for the answers, guys!

So I accidentally did the bad thing for the ending. If I go back and do the good thing on casual, will I get the good ending if I then continue on normal?

Thanks for the answers, guys!

So I accidentally did the bad thing for the ending. If I go back and do the good thing on casual, will I get the good ending if I then continue on normal?

Theoretically, it should work that way if items carry over from different difficulties.

I'm beginning Episode 3 and really enjoying this game so far. It's quite obvious that this is a budget title, but I'm having more fun with this than RE6. Not quite as good as classic RE or RE4, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Great pickup for $6.

honestly we need more games like this, not everything has to be a full priced title made by 250+ people, sometimes just making a shorter lengh game is better then a long but padded out one and forced gimmicks a lot of 'AAA' games seem to do.

Mr_Zombie

No, there's other stuff, too. For example, if Claire kills Mutant Pedro in the fishing village instead of running from him, Barry can find his chainsaw and use it in the hotel to bypass the Pedro fight entirely. And if you disable or avoid using the flamethrowers in the prison as Claire, Barry won't have to shut them off later. And I think there is a moment or two where you can pry open a door as Claire to simplify things for Barry. And so on.

Right. I remembered that something happens when you defeat Pedro as Claire, but forgot about all that other stuff.

honestly we need more games like this, not everything has to be a full priced title made by 250+ people, sometimes just making a shorter lengh game is better then a long but padded out one and forced gimmicks a lot of 'AAA' games seem to do.

It would help fill the void of AA games that have been missing ever since the end of the PS2 era. Cheap games like this are always Telltale-esque and very light on gameplay.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished this, and wow what a huge surprise. I had passed on the game originally due to not liking RE6 and not liking the trailers, but I saw it cheap on Black Friday so I figured why no give it a try? I am so glad I did. There were some things I didn't like, but overall it was a great ride beginning to end. I only wish my first time through could have been co-op.

Agreed. I hope the Revelations series doesn't get the two game kiss of death like the Survivor, Outbreak, and Chronicles series all got.

Hate to keep bumping an old thread like this, but does anyone still play Raid Mode on PS4? Having a lot of fun with it and I'm looking for a buddy to run around with.

Sorry to bump this old ass thread, but hopefully some people besides me bought it on sale this week.

Anywho, is there a good place to farm bp? I sorely need it.

Vashetti

Banned
Yes, physical copy gives you all DLC: bonus scenarios, additional characters and four additional maps for the Raid mode.

Nice, thanks for the answer.

I know they released a patch in March 2015 that improved PS4 performance, did they ever improve it any more?

rtcn63

Sorry for the bump, but I have a question- Does the PS4 disc copy of Rev2 contain the entire game, and does it require internet access to unlock all the episodes if so?

Top Bottom