• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

It's an alt costume for Gina. Update/patch is live for Steam version. Also added a white Lottie costume for Cypher.
Amazing! I just tried it out. This makes me SO HAPPY. Jessica FBC is probably my favorite character ever in an RE bonus mode. To have her in RER2 Raid is so perfect!

What a cool surprise for Capcom to just spring on us before E3. :)

Dang the Famitsu (offical site) pictures I posted broke? Found them on Tumblr anyway:

tumblr_npny3fYuW31u9hetuo2_500.jpg
tumblr_npny3fYuW31u9hetuo1_500.jpg

They added Jessica... as an alternate skin for Gina? But... she's her own character. So damn lazy omg.

And no extra costumes for Jill, Chris or Leon?

Come on.

I don't know why I'm complaining though, I stopped playing this a while ago.

Elija2

They added Jessica... as an alternate skin for Gina? But... she's her own character. So damn lazy omg.

And no extra costumes for Jill, Chris or Leon?

Come on.

I don't know why I'm complaining though, I stopped playing this a while ago.

Yeah, it also bothered me that Lady Hunk was a costume for Gina and not Hunk. Like, what sense does that make?

AdaWong

The complete randomness of adding Jessica.. in her FBC costume.. as an alt for Gina... makes me believe we are getting an Ada/Sherry DLC pack in the future! ⊂((・▽・))⊃

( p′︵‵。)

Yeah, it also bothered me that Lady Hunk was a costume for Gina and not Hunk. Like, what sense does that make?

I know, that bugged me. Man, those people who started off with Gina as a main struck gold. Especially if they managed to get Bloodied Gina - 5 skins in total!

Fingers crossed they'll gradually release all the Rev 1 skins (including Ooze Rachael somehow? maybe as a Cypher alt?).

Joeku

So, this is in the Steam sale today. I played the first episode on PS4 from a library copy but I'd rather do PC, so anyone who has it on PC, how's the performance now? I recall hearing it was kinda iffy. It's been patched again as recently as a week and a half ago.

ArjanN

So, this is in the Steam sale today. I played the first episode on PS4 from a library copy but I'd rather do PC, so anyone who has it on PC, how's the performance now? I recall hearing it was kinda iffy. It's been patched again as recently as a week and a half ago.

It was fine after the first patch already.

Elija2

I still get some pretty bad stuttering and they haven't done a performance patch in a long time. If you have a good CPU you can brute force it but otherwise, I dunno. You could always get a refund if though.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Um, has anyone else experienced the characters dialogue being out of sync with their mouth movements? i just started Barry chapter 4 and it's obvious in cutscenes. Like Barry will finish talking and his mouth will move for two more seconds. Never had this problem before...

Just beat Barry's side of the first episode on hard. This difficulty is really good! It makes the section with the enemies who have weak spots really intense. Some of the music there reminds me of RE4 too, and the foggy forest looks really nice.

Finally pulled the trigger on the season pass too, so I'm curious to see if the other episodes live up to the hype I've been seeing around here.

ArjanN

Just beat Barry's side of the first episode on hard. This difficulty is really good! It makes the section with the enemies who have weak spots really intense. Some of the music there reminds me of RE4 too, and the foggy forest looks really nice.

Finally pulled the trigger on the season pass too, so I'm curious to see if the other episodes live up to the hype I've been seeing around here.

I thought hard was generally just right. Any lower and you just have too much ammo/ it's too easy to just brute force sections. The boss in the second episode is kind of a difficulty spike though.

Okay so I'm (midway?) through Claire's side of episode 2 and this is pretty awesome. I've actually gotten spooked by a few enemy placements since the atmosphere is actually pretty creepy and well thought out. I'm getting major RE4 vibes from this village which is always a good thing in my book.

I liked episode 1 well enough but so far this episode is a decent step up.

Survival difficulty or hard, whatever it's called, continues to be a very good way to make the combat really fun and intense.

I also actually like the cutscenes in this game! Story is usual RE cheese but this time in an entertaining way, best for me in that regard since RE4, but we'll see how it pans out.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Okay so I'm (midway?) through Claire's side of episode 2 and this is pretty awesome. I've actually gotten spooked by a few enemy placements since the atmosphere is actually pretty creepy and well thought out. I'm getting major RE4 vibes from this village which is always a good thing in my book.

Survival difficulty or hard, whatever it's called, continues to be a very good way to make the combat really fun and intense.

I also actually like the cutscenes in this game! Story is usual RE cheese but this time in an entertaining way, best for me in that regard since RE4, but we'll see how it pans out.

Best RE ending in, like, forever. I think you are going to enjoy the ride.

Neiteio

Fancy Clown, without spoiling anything, just remember this — you'll thank me later:

During the boss of Claire's Chapter 3... when the boss has Claire pinned down... switch to Moira... and finish the job with Moira...

It'll put you on the path to the good ending. Which is the best ending in the series. Remember!

Fancy Clown, without spoiling anything, just remember this — you'll thank me later:

During the boss of Claire's Chapter 3... when the boss has Claire pinned down... switch to Moira... and finish the job with Moira...

It'll put you on the path to the good ending. Which is the best ending in the series. Remember!

Haha alright I'll do that.

Best ending in the series? Better than RE3? That's a bold claim right there.

So I finished Claire's side of Episode 2, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad the locations are more diverse than I was expecting after Ep 1, and it felt quite a bit longer than Episode 1. I had to drop the difficulty down for the last section/boss though because I just could not kill that insane amount of heavy enemies plus the boss with the ammo and health I had, it was insane. So I'm kinda pissed I beat the whole episode up until then on hard but got ranked for normal because I had to drop it for the last section.

Was that boss section the hardest in the game? I'm debating whether I should just beat the game on normal now and save hard for a potential second play through sometime down the line. I like hard difficulty better overall, but that part was just nuts.

But it's the truth. You'll see.

Yeah I've seen a lot of folks on here, both fans of old and new RE's, dig this game and the ending a lot so I'm lookin forward to pressing on.

kamineko

Was that boss section the hardest in the game?

I'd say no, though it is the first part of the game where I died a lot. I've read a lot of different strategies.
I waited in the corner to aggro what I could without spawning the boss, then ran around just trying to kill him. I think the trash enemies keep spawning until he's dead anyway.

They do a good job of keeping the pressure on/burning up your ammo on harder difficulty (though some stuff still piles up)

I'd say no, though it is the first part of the game where I died a lot. I've read a lot of different strategies.
I waited in the corner to aggro what I could without spawning the boss, then ran around just trying to kill him. I think the trash enemies keep spawning until he's dead anyway.

They do a good job of keeping the pressure on/burning up your ammo on harder difficulty (though some stuff still piles up)

Alright cool, I'll save survival difficulty for a second playthrough then.

Did you kill the
drill man
, or did you run from him?

What you do (or don't do) as Claire will affect Barry... :)

Yeah, that's awesome. Zapping system ftw. I didn't kill him as Claire, so I did indeed fight him as Barry. Fun fight too!

I'm really enjoying this game, on episode 3 now which seems even better than 2 so far which in turn was better than 1.

Neiteio

Alright cool, I'll save survival difficulty for a second playthrough then.

Yeah, that's awesome. Zapping system ftw. I didn't kill him as Claire, so I did indeed fight him as Barry. Fun fight too!

I'm really enjoying this game, on episode 3 now which seems even better than 2 so far which in turn was better than 1.
RER2 is one of my favorite REs, full stop.

Just one quick note to check your expectation: Claire's Episode 4 is VERY short. It's more like a series of story beats. However... there's a payoff to it... Later... And Barry's Episode 4 is amazing.

RER2 is one of my favorite REs, full stop.

Just one quick note to check your expectation: Claire's Episode 4 is VERY short. It's more like a series of story beats. However... there's a payoff to it... Later... And Barry's Episode 4 is amazing.

Yeah but you don't like classic RE very much ;)

That's ok, I have a feeling I'm gonna get my money's worth out of this and then some. Really, really pleased with it and looking forward to progressing.

Ok so I'm on Barry's half of Ep. 4. Wow episode 3 was so good! Especially Claire's half. Might make a thread or something with a lot more in depth thoughts on gameplay, story, structure etc once I beat it, but mainly I want to say that although this plays nothing like the classic RE games, it's the first of the action RE games to really feel like Resident Evil imo. It really nails the tone and atmosphere (and is a really solid action title to boot).

kamineko

Ok so I'm on Barry's half of Ep. 4. Wow episode 3 was so good! Especially Claire's half. Might make a thread or something with a lot more in depth thoughts on gameplay, story, structure etc once I beat it, but mainly I want to say that although this plays nothing like the classic RE games, it's the first of the action RE games to really feel like Resident Evil imo. It really nails the tone and atmosphere (and is a really solid action title to boot).

I agree, first game in forever to bring back some of those old feels. If this is what mid-tier gaming is like, long live the mid-tier

BadWolf

Yeah it made me have higher hopes for RE7.

Felt like Capcom knew where it was going wrong and addressed many issues, especially on the QTE front.

The pacing, gameplay and story were all solid. Really liked the characters.

kamineko

ps4 or xbox one? I have both, just need to get the better version.

does the coop works well?

At launch, framerate on X1 was more consistent, but I believe they play about the same now. If you have an interest in doing raid online, I'd just pick whichever platform you prefer for that.

Couch co-op was a blast for me. In Barry's playthrough the secondary character is not very empowered, so that might be a downside.

Bladenic

Question: in Claire Chapter 3, there's a crate you can carry. However, I don't know how to get it into the water so i can access the ledge above with some goodies. Or is this for Barry?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Question: in Claire Chapter 3, there's a crate you can carry. However, I don't know how to get it into the water so i can access the ledge above with some goodies. Or is this for Barry?
If I remember correctly, I believe that's for Barry.

Bladenic

If I remember correctly, I believe that's for Barry.

Sweet thanks.

And damn, chapter 3 seems pretty long. I haven't played in a long time since I haven't been gaming much but Barry Chapter 2 was great and so is Chapter 3 Claire. Such a better designed game than RE6 imo

Top Bottom