• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Hmm, another chance to get bloody Gina. I wonder how on earth you can even plan to see the enemy's defeat. :/

https://www.residentevil.net/en/onlineevent-4_6.html#playstation3

I've been redoing the campaign to get the infinite rocket launcher, but I read something weird that if you equip a bonus weapon it doesn't count as finishing it. So if I do survival with the RL and bowgun I won't be able to unlock No Hope? Or was that person mistaken?

Should be fine, bonus weapons wreck your ranking though. There is one or two unlocks that require younot use bonus weapons, but the RL isn't one.

L.O.R.D

there is boxed version of the game for PC ?
i just got this in my email from local electronic shop

CD6eZkDUgAAC4DL.jpg

I love this game, but dang after playing it for a while it definitely has its flaws.

Finished countdown mode today. Wow that was horrible. The framerate drops don't usually bother me but with it taking up to 8 seconds of precious time after cutscenes or w/e to be able to control my character properly, causing a bunch of restarts, got super annoying. Not to mention a yellow time beam appeared and disappeared before my eyes just before the mines meaning I had to redo the entire chapter when I inevitably ran out of time.

Never again.

Also, sheesh, busting your ass to 'unlock' a bonus weapon and then having to grind campaign 1000 times just to buy it is shit. Why is there no BP farming exploit yet?

Please tell me infinite ammo works on invisible mode. T.T

/endrant

PensOwl

Banned
Is it just me or is code red super fucking hard. Everyone seems to say raid mode is easy but I'm getting my ass kicked. Revenant's grab range is huge, does tons of damage, and sometimes it seems like that's the only attack they do

don't even get me started on speedy elemental skagdead

I love this game, but dang after playing it for a while it definitely has its flaws.

Finished countdown mode today. Wow that was horrible. The framerate drops don't usually bother me but with it taking up to 8 seconds of precious time after cutscenes or w/e to be able to control my character properly, causing a bunch of restarts, got super annoying. Not to mention a yellow time beam appeared and disappeared before my eyes just before the mines meaning I had to redo the entire chapter when I inevitably ran out of time.

Never again.

Also, sheesh, busting your ass to 'unlock' a bonus weapon and then having to grind campaign 1000 times just to buy it is shit. Why is there no BP farming exploit yet?

Please tell me infinite ammo works on invisible mode. T.T

/endrant

Invisible mode works like Countdown where you have to work with what they give you. So no bonus stuff that you can use in the campaign like ex. weapons, etc.

Never again.

are these performance issues both on PC and console?

Invisible mode works like Countdown where you have to work with what they give you. So no bonus stuff that you can use in the campaign like ex. weapons, etc.

But surely you don't need to use the workbench to 'equip' no ammo. If so.. gahhhhhh.

Edit: Was hoping no ammo just removed ammo entirely from the game, so I don't have to worry about it cluttering up my inventory and wasting time picking them up instead of herbs/jewels. Dang there's really not much incentive to use these bonuses then.

Is it just me or is code red super fucking hard. Everyone seems to say raid mode is easy but I'm getting my ass kicked. Revenant's grab range is huge, does tons of damage, and sometimes it seems like that's the only attack they do

Yep I'm not even going to try getting completion medals solo (online) without using gems (that's totally cheating). You can get easier versions by playing offline, at least on Steam.

are these performance issues both on PC and console?

I only know about PC - for all I know it could just be my computer that's weird. But for all other modes it doesn't bother me, just seems like an extra bit of loading in each new area but on countdown mode it becomes obvious.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

It's "easy" because it's so easy to break. If you were to say, play it straight up with a rec. lvl character who hasn't taken advantage of skills and weapon mods, then it's pretty goddamned hard.

Thing is... it's so easy to spec a character that's basically invincible through skills/mods. Especially since you can inherit skills.

And then the katana just takes an extra large dump on the whole thing.

The only way to get a real challenge from Raid is to purposefully nerf your character's skills/mods.

Mr_Zombie

If you want to complete Code Red missions with complete set of medals then you have to fight as a lvl 90 character against lvl 105 enemies. In that case you need up to three headshots from a sniper to kill even a basic enemy :|

Anyway, what skills do you guys recommend to invest in? I make the mistake of focusing on Neil (I thought that his auto-evade skill would be useful, but in the end the cool down time is rather long and the evade kicks in even when you don't really need it). I know that Wesker's evade cancel is great to have, but you need 100 skill points to make it inheritable. That's like 20 levels :/

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
IMO soloing CR at level 90 is definitely do-able, but I don't think it's a lot of fun.

The enemy speed can offer an interesting challenge (except maybe the "everything's hasted, lol" level).

The katana is nice for stunning enemies, but it takes a few swings so the setup and charge melee can go wrong if any other enemies are nearby. Similarly ground attacks are pretty anemic if you haven't invested in follow-up attack, which I never did. Staring down at an enemy for several seconds with other hostiles nearby might not turn out so great.

I mainly use the katana (if I'm playing that build) to break away from enemies slash slash run

I think bait, ice, and RL are incredibly useful. Enemies are fast and spongy, so you need a way to buy yourself time, get yourself space, or just get around shields.

I like weapon masteries, Jill's evade skills, the mentioned bottles, and life stealer mods

Weapons & mods are probably the most important....

It's good to have something to set things on fire reliably. That's going to mean lots of bullets. MP, AR (I prefer the High Roller), or the stealth MP, the triple shot. I use a level 94 trident (triple shot) with fire ammo, extended burn, life stealer, piercing, damage. My main (Jill) has maxed pistol mastery for tons of ammo and quick reload.

I also like rifles. I have a named level 98 Masamune that I haven't tried yet because I would need to destroy my level 100 long range 1891 (with 6 slots :/). Will probably make the jump soon. For big damage guns, it's nice to put the enemy in a shock state to increase damage. I have a burst 1 (2 shots per pull) on my rifle, along with electric ammo, electrocute, damage, capacity, and critical. The proc chance is high for electric, so best case scenario is that the first shot electrifies/electrocutes, and the second shot takes advantage of the electricity for big damage. Worst case, it happens on the second pull.

Shotguns stop doing a lot of damage, but the are great for knocking down trash enemies. I like a drake with life stealer, focus, and damage

I have 2 magnums I like. I've got a level 97 Serpent that is built kind of like my rifle (burst 1, electric) + anti-recoil. I also have a "panic button" magnum, level 100 Anaconda with full burst, ice, anti-recoil, damage. What it doesn't kill, it freezes.

The big thing about level 90 CR is just that it takes a while to kill anything. So have a way to buy yourself space/time. Hunk's cloak, smoke, ice, bait.... something.

Unless it's a point of pride, use your blue crystals. You can get 3 a day & can't carry more than 30. Might as well.

Blazing through CR at level 100 isn't bad at all. Night and day. Good for loot farming. If your equipment is lacking, run through at level 100 a few times, get better stuff and learn the maps.

L.O.R.D

some player reporting a glitch , they saw for a moment a costume for rebecca chambers in the game
trying to get bloody gina is very hard , you have to witness the death of a huge monster
but you can only play that mode 1 in a day
each monster has like 500000000 health point
now Medusa is 13% , i am gonna miss this event

pizzacat

Banned
some player reporting a glitch , they saw for a moment a costume for rebecca chambers in the game
trying to get bloody gina is very hard , you have to witness the death of a huge monster
but you can only play that mode 1 in a day
each monster has like 500000000 health point
now Medusa is 13% , i am gonna miss this event
What?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gimmicks gimmicks gimmicks.

Lvl 90 CR will cause me to have a brain-aneurysm. Shit is crazy unfair at times.

Angry Guy

Anyone else playing on PS4 head to the weapon bench with Barry to find a bunch of duplicate weapons? Second time this glitch has happened to me, got 3 colt pythons and 4 of his starter assault rifle. Super annoying. Any fixes?

Edit: According to GameFAQs, this one is pretty ugly. The stuff that happened in there happened to me too-my game data was corrupted a little while after seeing this glitch and shortly after my PS4's hard drive fucked itself and I had to wipe it to factory. Beware!

Hope they take notice and patch this mother soon. Shame, because I want to keep playing the game-but I'm going to stay away until a fix is released.

Mr_Zombie

Gimmicks gimmicks gimmicks.

Lvl 90 CR will cause me to have a brain-aneurysm. Shit is crazy unfair at times.

There's a stage on CR where all enemies explode after death - even if they don't have any modificators on them. Now THAT was unfair :|

PSA Euryale is at about 4% now (not sure if there are differences in regions etc). Missed her sisters cause I was out/asleep - hopefully I can get bloodied Gina this time.

Anyone else playing on PS4 head to the weapon bench with Barry to find a bunch of duplicate weapons? Second time this glitch has happened to me, got 3 colt pythons and 4 of his starter assault rifle. Super annoying. Any fixes?

Uh oh, I've got 3 bowguns as Barry (PC). :S Not sure if I lost any weapons.

ezekial45

Banned
How do I unlock Code Red? I'm at lvl 70 for my main character, and I still don't see anything beyond the third tier of difficulties.

JJD

Edit: According to GameFAQs, this one is pretty ugly. The stuff that happened in there happened to me too-my game data was corrupted a little while after seeing this glitch and shortly after my PS4's hard drive fucked itself and I had to wipe it to factory. Beware!

Hope they take notice and patch this mother soon. Shame, because I want to keep playing the game-but I'm going to stay away until a fix is released.

Holy shit. This game bugs keep delivering. Restore licenses issues and now HDDs corrupted.

What the fuck crapcom?!?

did they patch the frame rate and Antrostropic (sp?) filtering on PS4. I remember hearing some serious hate for the way it ran on PS4 and it seems really solid since I bought it circa 2 weeks ago.

green_focus

Soooooo, bought the PC retail "box set" off of Amazon.co.uk (I live in Canada) and tried to install the game to discover that I am unable to do so as the game is region locked.

I am one of those dinosaurs that still prefer physical media and Canada did not get a retail release (that I am aware of) of the game on PC.

When I look at the box or search the googles I haven't encountered others with this issue. Anyone here encounter the same thing?

Edit: So my google fu is weak this morning: http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/613956964585874390/ apparently I am out of luck. PSA to others hoping to get a physical copy. Too bad.

L.O.R.D

Soooooo, bought the PC retail "box set" off of Amazon.co.uk (I live in Canada) and tried to install the game to discover that I am unable to do so as the game is region locked.

I am one of those dinosaurs that still prefer physical media and Canada did not get a retail release (that I am aware of) of the game on PC.

When I look at the box or search the googles I haven't encountered others with this issue. Anyone here encounter the same thing?

Edit: So my google fu is weak this morning: http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/613956964585874390/ apparently I am out of luck. PSA to others hoping to get a physical copy. Too bad.

use a UK VPN to activate the key
i think its okey to activate the key , not like the gift which could suspend your steam account
i used US VPN to activate GTA Complete collection in my account

I did a video review of both Revelations games. I thought the first was quite a bit better.

I like the first a bit better too, but there were two points that aren't quite accurate in your video -
Alex Wesker
was referred to in Resident Evil 5, so no 'retconning'. Also, the revenant enemies (the spindly white things Barry fights) you can
switch to Natalia to see their weak spot.
IMO they're the best enemies in the game. Otherwise, good to see more RER1 love!

I like the first a bit better too, but there were two points that aren't quite accurate in your video -
Alex Wesker
was referred to in Resident Evil 5, so no 'retconning'. Also, the revenant enemies (the spindly white things Barry fights) you can
switch to Natalia to see their weak spot.
IMO they're the best enemies in the game. Otherwise, good to see more RER1 love!

I do vaguely remember that mention in Resi 5, but of all the parts that my sister forced me to replay, we only did Lost In Nightmares once.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Code Red is in the bag, gentlemen. Completed it solo with Wesker at Lvl 90 and Online(enemy @ lvl 105). Can be very gimmicky at times and downright unfair at others, but with a little persistence I somehow managed to get through it.

Grinding with Pedro now so i can unlock and max all his skills(for the level up all skills for a character challenge).

The one I'm probably not going to bother with is the "Spend 100Mil" challenge. I mean C'mon Capcom...troll much? That one's gonna take years to complete.

I did a video review of both Revelations games. I thought the first was quite a bit better.

Nice review but like the other poster the things that jumped out at me were the retcon complaints when I think it is pretty smart to plant the seeds of this game in an earlier release. The enemies with weak points are also pretty fun to fight when you know that you can identify their weak points with Natalia which lends itself to the character switching gameplay.

Mr_Zombie

He was available in the retail version. If you bought each episode separately or bought just a season pass, I believe you have to buy him as DLC.

Rev1 doesn't even compare to Rev2, just thinking about all those mindless shooting galleries and the atrocious supporting cast makes me mad.
Rev2 was such a huge improvement in every possible way, enemy designs, environments/atmosphere, boss fights, puzzles, pacing, gameplay, story/characterization, etc.
Suggesting that the first was better is frankly ridiculous to me and a disservice to a game that stands as a shining example of what a modern RE should be.

Mr_Zombie

Rev1 doesn't even compare to Rev2, just thinking about all those mindless shooting galleries and the atrocious supporting cast makes me mad.

I give you shooting galleries (overall enemies in REV1 - Oozes especially - were awful), but give me the support cast from REV1 over the one from REV2 any day. REV2 has strong main cast (Barry, Claire, Moira, Natalia and Alex), but really weak and forgettable supporting cast. Pedro, Gabe, Gina (lol, should I even care about her death?) and even Neil were so boring and generic that I found it hard to care for them at all.

I give you shooting galleries (overall enemies in REV1 - Oozes especially - were awful), but give me the support cast from REV1 over the one from REV2 any day. REV2 has strong main cast (Barry, Claire, Moira, Natalia and Alex), but really weak and forgettable supporting cast. Pedro, Gabe, Gina (lol, should I even care about her death?) and even Neil were so boring and generic that I found it hard to care for them at all.

I would give Revelations 1 the nod for supporting cast as well just for Keith and Quint. The game made you think they were some IT pushovers and it turned out they were badasses.

Pedro was pretty memorable though in Rev2.

SPCTRE

The fiancé and I finished the main story missions on Sunday.

She felt the ending was unsatisfying, I don't quite disagree but I generally didn't feel that strongly about it. I'm curious to see how worthwile the bonus missions are.

Overall a brilliant couch co-op experience.

me0wish

She felt the ending was unsatisfying, I don't quite disagree but I generally didn't feel that strongly about it. I'm curious to see how worthwile the bonus missions are.

You probably did the bad ending, there is a good ending.

Audette

Did you get the good ending?

SPCTRE

Aha! Yeah, we most assuredly got the bad ending.

This is great news, as soon as I tell the fiancé, she will be all over replaying it! She usually doesn't like replaying stuff, but the bad ending? That will not stand.

ezekial45

Banned
Aha! Yeah, we most assuredly got the bad ending.

This is great news, as soon as I tell the fiancé, she will be all over replaying it! She usually doesn't like replaying stuff, but the bad ending? That will not stand.

You'll have to replay the game all the back to Episode 3.

When the QTE starts after you defeat monster Neal, switch to Moira and have her grab the gun .
This will lead to the good ending.

SPCTRE

You'll have to replay the game all the back to Episode 3.

When the QTE starts after you defeat monster Neal, switch to Moira and have her grab the gun .
This will lead to the good ending.
Thanks, will do! I'm actually stoked to go back, such a fun game.

If we play co-op, that means the fiancé will have to grab the gun? She usually plays Moira.

SPCTRE

Thanks again you guys.

I can't remember the last time I had to get back to get a good ending. Man, I missed Japanese games, it's good to be back!

Gina is hardly part of the cast, she only has a few seconds of screen time, it's just a npc you see die and no, I don't think you're supposed to care.
Rev2's characters might not be memorable but at least they aren't obnoxious either.
Rev1 played the
"He's dead, oh wait! He isn't!" card with every single one of them which was lame as hell. In Rev2 not only do they die, but they die by your own hand. Having Claire being forced to kill her ex-colleagues certainly was much more effective story telling than whatever shenanigans the clowns in Rev1 were up to. Not only didn't I care when they supposedly died, but I was disappointed when it turned out they didn't, though by the the third time they pulled that stunt it was hardly a surprise anymore.
Regardless, it's just one of the many aspects where it falls short compared to the sequel, though I still like the game of course.
I just think it's more than fair to commend Rev2 for the massive improvements it brought to the table, which the vast majority of people in this thread did.

Top Bottom