• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

Game just updated, it adds new costumes for a few characters in Raid Mode:

-Cypher got a costume to look like Lottie (the teddy bear)
-Pedro got a costume to look like Mutant Pedro
-Gina got a costume to look like Rachel from the first Revelations
-This I haven't seen yet, but apparently HUNK got a costume to look like Lady HUNK.

CD799B70C1FB5E73B7CB7095E00F93837D92487F
Well gosharooney! Is this free update on PS4 yet? And we can just select them right away?

MrPanic

Cute update. Got bored with the game while trying to farm for the katana skill, but I'll definitely pick it up again with Lottie.

Conezays

So I'm enjoying the game and wanted to give Raid mode a shot. I've linked my account and still not getting a single partner in Raid mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is everybody just a way higher level than me (Lv. 1)?

So I'm enjoying the game and wanted to give Raid mode a shot. I've linked my account and still not getting a single partner in Raid mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is everybody just a way higher level than me (Lv. 1)?

I think most people here are way higher than you lol. Are you on PC and want to power level? I could help you with that, but otherwise if you want to go through missions properly maybe wait for another newbie to come in or level yourself up a bit first. There's not much point for high level people to replay the levels on the first two difficulties.

Also, try all 3 ways of online matchmaking (quick match, join and find) if you aren't already.

Xpliskin

I beat the game, then the ending
was a downer. Upon looking it up, discovered there were two endings. One with a significant amount of gameplay and a story epilogue .... . The game doesn't give you hints as to what will cause that "good" ending

All in all this is content rehash: the game.
Barry sections were the worst, with you going through previously seen areas with a twist and occasionally new areas.

Story is on the same level as DSC and REV1.

Still, it's a solid 7 in my book.

Gren

I think most people here are way higher than you lol. Are you on PC and want to power level? I could help you with that, but otherwise if you want to go through missions properly maybe wait for another newbie to come in or level yourself up a bit first. There's not much point for high level people to replay the levels on the first two difficulties.

Also, try all 3 ways of online matchmaking (quick match, join and find) if you aren't already.

I think online is just dead for this game on Steam. I'm maxed out & have been able to join the lobbies of players in the single digits when I could catch them. Lately it just seems like not many are playing.

Japan playerbase really helped pad the lobbies in Rev 1 on PS3. Sad to say, they're mostly a non-factor on PC.

Give me Jessica FBC please.

Give me Jessica one-legged wetsuit plz. :3

Actually give me Ada DLC (idk with a crossbow skill or something) with all 3 Jessica costumes as her alts. And we need ooze Rachael. Pedro Alt?

I think online is just dead for this game on Steam. I'm maxed out & have been able to join the lobbies of players in the single digits when I could catch them. Lately it just seems like not many are playing.

Japan playerbase really helped pad the lobbies in Rev 1 on PS3. Sad to say, they're mostly a non-factor on PC.

Hmm, I don't think it's exactly dead. I've been able to get a match about 50% of the time, although I tend to lose patience after like 20 seconds so I figured if I waited around more I'd get a match. Maybe I've just been getting lucky though.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Finally got around to playing this over the weekend. Finished off the bonus scenarios today. I thought the main campaign was fantastic. Bit annoyed that I had to replay chapter 3 just to do that QTE differently for the good ending though.

For the bonus scenarios, Little Miss was quite fun. I expected more from The Struggle though. It was kind of a let down.

Completed all Code Red missions, including Omega Code Red (didn't need the Completionist medallions like I had previously wondered). I guess with that out of the way, I'll finally try out the bonus missions from the main story

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Completed all Code Red missions, including Omega Code Red (didn't need the Completionist medallions like I had previously wondered). I guess with that out of the way, I'll finally try out the bonus missions from the main story

Congratulations lazybones, well done man. A few quick questions dude....

1)What character did you use?

2)If you don't mind can you reveal which active and passive skills you used?

3)How many Life Crystals and herbs did you use per mission on average?

^
Anyone else feel free to answer the above

vicnorris

Banned

^

Well, I will answer.

1) I used claire
2) Shield, Evasion, Assault/HandGun/Shotgun and the more life thingy.
3) No herbs (all completionist) and probably used 5 crystals at all.

The game is kindda easy tbh, especially in co-op, by yourself there are probably 4 missions that you will have to repeat for a different approach.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

^

1) Jill is my main.
2) I loved Jill's dodge skills, the RL and bait. I also maxed rifle and pistol skills
2a) favorite guns: triple shot with fire, extended burn, pierce, life stealer. drake with focus and life stealer. 1891 rifle (sometimes a masumune) with burst 1, shock, electrocute. magnum anaconda with full burst (!), anti-recoil, ice, frostbite
3) I never used herbs. Got completionist on everything. I didn't really need crystals until CR, though I started using them just because once I realized you could only carry 30. When they patched code red, enemies got really spongey & sometimes crystals seemed needed. I'll use a crystal if I screw up on MP to keep things moving. I'm more likely to take the L solo. You don't ever have to use them, I don't think, but if you're carrying 30 I don't see a reason not to.

Gren

^

isamu are you still looking for a co-op partner on Steam? I've just started gauntlet VI. It's fun, but almost every other enemy being an elemental elite exploding upon death is starting to get obnoxious.

EDIT: These skills have done well for me so far. Until I buy Wesker (for godly dodge-cancelling), I think I'm set on it:

Passives are extra health, shield and defense up inherited from Chris, extended dodge, handgun master, and rifle master inherited from Neil. Actives are stealth cloak inherited from Hunk (best skill imo), bewildered from Alex (good for getting those super-spongy elites to do some free damage on one another), and ice/decoy bottles.

My main is Gina, but that's mostly because I was using her taunt kills at the lower levels. Once it became apparent how impractical that was at later stages, I had already invested too many points into her.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
isamu are you still looking for a co-op partner on Steam? I've just started gauntlet VI. It's fun, but almost every other enemy being an elemental elite exploding upon death is starting to get obnoxious.

EDIT: These skills have done well for me so far. Until I buy Wesker (for godly dodge-cancelling), I think I'm set on it:

Passives are extra health, shield and defense up inherited from Chris, extended dodge, handgun master, and rifle master inherited from Neil. Actives are stealth cloak inherited from Hunk (best skill imo), bewildered from Alex (good for getting those super-spongy elites to do some free damage on one another), and ice/decoy bottles.

My main is Gina, but that's mostly because I was using her taunt kills at the lower levels. Once it became apparent how impractical that was at later stages, I had already invested too many points into her.

Thanks for the replies guys, for the record I've got about two or three Gauntlets in CR so far under my belt all on Completionist. I'm going to wait a bit until I inherit a few more skills mainly from Chris and Alex. Gonna be a bit tougher for me since I'm going for it now which is AFTER the patch, which I'm assuming most of you guys did before the patch solo?

We'll see what happens but yeah, no herbs for me either that is my golden rule. I feel dirty if I use one lol. I'm gonna try to avoid using Crystals as well as much as possible. Gren thanks buddy but I've already got a couple buddies I play coop with and I'm gonna play with them after I attempt to solo CR.

Conezays

Finally got around to playing this over the weekend. Finished off the bonus scenarios today. I thought the main campaign was fantastic. Bit annoyed that I had to replay chapter 3 just to do that QTE differently for the good ending though.

For the bonus scenarios, Little Miss was quite fun. I expected more from The Struggle though. It was kind of a let down.

You got more willpower than me. I got the bad ending and was pretty peeved that it was purely due to that QTE.
I had thought Claire opening the gate for water in Episode 4, either left or right, might've been the difference, but nope.
Otherwise thought the game was great; much better than I had anticipated.

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like I'm better off bugging newbies then.

PensOwl

Banned

That Gina main worked out in the end with all those new costumes. Time to rock Lady Hunk

Also its obnoxious that you have to level Chris up to 41 to get defense up. I've been meaning to it but I'm too lazy.

^

1. Hunk

2. Stealth Cloak; Decoy/Explosive/Smokescreen bottles; Scavenger; Magnum/Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle Master; skill that increases firepower when crouched; heart skill

3. Rarely used herbs so I always had two on me. Only had to really use them during some of the Code Red missions. Life Crystal average would be 2 or 3 depending on the enemy types. Thankfully, I never ran out of those

NIGHT-

About to buy the game and reading the op and I'm confused. Does either package(digital/retail) have all the characters? Can you buy the extras ones?

Gina Hunk looks pretty cool,

Is there a trick to doing the gauntlets? I'm currently using Claire and she's level 52, which means getting all six medals is all but impossible.

I've been using Gina to try and farm some medals but even Gina is levelling up faster than the levels of the missions. I guess it's best to avoid doing the daily missions as they tend to level you up much faster?

Mr_Zombie

Is there a trick to doing the gauntlets? I'm currently using Claire and she's level 52, which means getting all six medals is all but impossible.

I've been using Gina to try and farm some medals but even Gina is levelling up faster than the levels of the missions. I guess it's best to avoid doing the daily missions as they tend to level you up much faster?

You do know that you can decrease character's level before starting the mission, right?

isamu

first person mode is soo good

Link to this mod please?

1. Hunk

2. Stealth Cloak; Decoy/Explosive/Smokescreen bottles; Scavenger; Magnum/Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle Master; skill that increases firepower when crouched; heart skill

3. Rarely used herbs so I always had two on me. Only had to really use them during some of the Code Red missions. Life Crystal average would be 2 or 3 depending on the enemy types. Thankfully, I never ran out of those

Ahh I see. Nice build bro.

You do know that you can decrease character's level before starting the mission, right?

I'm glad you brought this up because I'd like to address this question to everyone.....

How much more experience do you get when you decrease your level *below* the recommended level by say, one or two?

How far below the recommended level would you suggest setting the characters level in order to rack up some decent XP after a mission? Is 2 or 3 below good? Or is 5 or even 10 recommended? How much does the xp increase per lowered level?

About to buy the game and reading the op and I'm confused. Does either package(digital/retail) have all the characters? Can you buy the extras ones?

I can't speak for PC, but for consoles:

physical version has everything for $40 + tax wherever you are

digital version can be bought in pieces, in case you don't want everything. to build the equivalent of the physical version:

$25 Season Pass (which comes with Hunk)
$2.50 Wesker
$5 Map Pack
$10 Costume Pack

$42.50

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Alright, people weren't kidding about the good ending. That shit was fucking epic as fuck. So legit. I had a huge ass grin on my face the entire time. So gooooooooood.

Top Bottom