• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

News Bot

Banned
uh, thats a bit underwhelming, but there is some interesting info that can be considered canon
That Alex was sick before injecting the virus, her body reacted to it ans she got worse, although the files mention the "viruses" that were keeping her alive.
That Alex made some modifications to Natalia to make her stronger, it sounds weird because we never see Natalia displaying superhuman strenght on the game beyond her sensing ability.
Nothing about the relationship between Alex and Albert beyond that they were "rivals"

Finally, Neil responded differently to Uroboros, because, why? its the same as Wesker, so that means Neil adapted better to the virus, its an explanation, but whats so special about him? its not like Alex was surprised to see him like that..

In Japanese, there is no plural unless specified/dictated by context. The "viruses" part is the translator taking liberties. Supplemental material only mentions her being kept alive by t-Phobos.

As for Neil, he has some compatible genes and thus can control the Uroboros pustules. However, that transformation is NOT caused by the Uroboros Virus and is nothing like Wesker's, whose transformation was caused by absorbing a large amount of the virus. The virus was designed to be stable and eliminate freak mutations, so Anpo is wrong on that part and contradicts BIO5. How can you create a new humanity if it's just a bunch of freaks that don't have any similarity and are genetically incompatible, unable to breed? On top of that it's stated that there are only two outcomes with Uroboros, superhuman or tentacle monster. That's its point... So really, Neil's mutation was caused by t-Phobos and Uroboros interacting, just like with Alex.

Interestingly, Alex can't control the Uroboros pustules, so she doesn't seem to have compatible genes... so her illness is not what caused her to not become superhuman with the t-Virus variant, she just wasn't special enough.

Renae

Definitely not true survival horror. More like TLOU light

It's really going for a very different vibe from TLOU. REV2 is pulpy (in an awesome way), while TLOU is more.... grounded (lol).

Survival Horror has variable definitions, so I kind of avoid the term nowadays. You definitely aren't expected to kill everything, sometimes running is a good option. There are light puzzle elements. The first blind playthrough supplies can get tight, but on subsequent runs it turns out there is plenty of stuff. This is consistent with the early RE games. I will say that, as a fan of the whole series, I enjoyed the campaign of REV2 more than anything since RE4.

Also, like the OT title says, "It's only 25 dollars." The digital price, for me at least, is an insane value.

Thanks, you convinced me, i'll buy the game :)

Raid online for Xbox One out yet? No? Thanks, Capcpom!

At this rate the Vita version will be out before the online patch is released on Xbox One.

Just started today, got through Episode 1.

"I almost became a Claire sandwhich"
"Whose the master of unlocking now!"

So good haha. Really enjoying it so far and it only seems like it's gonna get better!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
However, I'm still baffled by how grind-oriented the Raid mode in Revelations 2 is. Completing a stage with full medallions set, even if you're below the recommended level, still doesn't give you enough points to fully level up. Getting to level 100 with all characters will sure become boring very quickly. :/

I couldn't agree more with this post. Everything you said is 100% on point. It's a ridiculous grind fest and yet.......I still can't stop playing :( :( :(

myco666

Just started today, got through Episode 1.

"I almost became a Claire sandwhich"
"Whose the master of unlocking now!"

So good haha. Really enjoying it so far and it only seems like it's gonna get better!

IMO the game got worse after starting 3 Episode with Barry. I hate everything from there to certain location from episode 4 with Barry. After that it somewhat regains itself from the gutter and the true final boss was actually really fun.

Gurish

How many of you got the
good ending
in your first playthrough?
I was wondering cause it seems many people enjoyed
the ending
and for me it was horrible.

How did you know you should complete the
QTE with Moira?
Personally I have a
very sour taste from this game because of that ending

myco666

How many of you got the
good ending
in your first playthrough?
I was wondering cause it seems many people enjoyed
the ending
and for me it was horrible.

How did you know you should complete the
QTE with Moira?
Personally I have a
very sour taste from this game because of that ending

I knew it because of the thread on gaf. I think it was really bad idea to put true ending behind that QTE section. Also when playing splitscreen it takes a while for
Moira to start moving
so managed to screw up on the first try.

The game gave you a command to switch characters for a reason.

This happens way too late since I can mash out the other ending before the command shows up.

Gurish

The game gave you a command to switch characters for a reason.

It told me i can do that and after switching it seems like it's taking her forever and i tried to see what Claire can do in this situation and guess what? a nice prompt appeared and apparently
it's game over and i deserve a horrible ending with no final boss cause i decided to finish the QTE with Claire :|
, just fuck this shit.

I knew it because of the thread on gaf. I think it was really bad idea to put true ending behind that QTE section. Also when playing splitscreen it takes a while for
Moira to start moving
so managed to screw up on the first try.

This happens way too late since I can mash out the other ending before the command shows up.
Usually i try to avoid spoilers, but this is the kind of stuff that i wish someone would scream to me from the rooftops, it should be in the Thread title- REV2, DO THE QTE
WITH MOIRA
!!!| OT or something :(

ArjanN

I thought it was pretty obvious from a story point of view.
The situation with Moira is telegraphed pretty heavily, and you see the gun land in front of her when Claire gets knocked down.

You want to see both endings anyway, and you can just blast through Claire ep 3 and Barry ep 4 really fast once you know that to do.

myco666

I thought it was pretty obvious from a story point of view.
The situation with Moira is telegraphed pretty heavily, and you see the gun land in front of her when Claire gets knocked down.

You want to see both endings anyway, and you can just blast through Claire ep 3 and Barry ep 4 really fast once you know that to do.

It is somewhat obvious but the execution of that moment is still done poorly IMO.

Claire ep3 took me about 40 minutes even when running through everything. So I wouldn't call it that fast. And the fact that Barry ep4 has probably my most hated sections in the game having to do those again just because the ep3 QTE is badly implemented sucks.

this happened to me. I cleared the QTE and the prompt to switch to Moira came up right at the end. I hit the button but the sequence had already finished so it didn't do anything.

LegendX48

this happened to me. I cleared the QTE and the prompt to switch to Moira came up right at the end. I hit the button but the sequence had already finished so it didn't do anything.
I learned that that one the hard way lol

It's not really a qte cause you can switch at any time once it starts.

Edit: well it isn't one in the sense that you don't need to wait for a prompt to switch, you can just do it.

I learned that that one the hard way lol

It's not really a qte cause you can switch at any time once it starts.

Edit: well it isn't one in the sense that you don't need to wait for a prompt to switch, you can just do it.

yeah, I did it right away the 2nd time. training from other video games taught me that when the prompt says mash a button, I go ape. I think it's called claw method, I used my index finger instead of thumb

ArjanN

It is somewhat obvious but the execution of that moment is still done poorly IMO.

Claire ep3 took me about 40 minutes even when running through everything. So I wouldn't call it that fast. And the fact that Barry ep4 has probably my most hated sections in the game having to do those again just because the ep3 QTE is badly implemented sucks.

Eh, unless you start mashing immediately when you see the prompt you're not that likely to miss it.

I think the requirement for the good ending is pretty minor, in an old RE the conditions would have been way more vague, and you most likely would have had to replay the entire game. Here you can go back and get it in a hour, especially if you drop the difficulty down to easy. Also generally I'm not sure if you're really expected to get the best ending on your first run through the game.

myco666

Eh, unless you start mashing immediately when you see the prompt you're not that likely to miss it.

I think the requirement for the good ending is pretty minor, in an old RE the conditions would have been way more vague, and you most likely would have had to replay the entire game. Here you can go back and get it in a hour, especially if you drop the difficulty down to easy. Also generally I'm not sure if you're really expected to get the best ending on your first run through the game.

Well why I wouldn't start mashing immediately?

I like the way how REmake does it more since you know why you didn't get the best ending and they are not that vague. Just make sure no one dies. Sure Rev2 condition is more minor but I think it is still badly implemented.

Well, I've held out on this long enough.

I'm thinking of buying Chapter 1 tonight to see if I like it.
Seems many around here have been enjoying the game, yes? :}

Zambatoh

Well why I wouldn't start mashing immediately?

I like the way how REmake does it more since you know why you didn't get the best ending and they are not that vague. Just make sure no one dies. Sure Rev2 condition is more minor but I think it is still badly implemented.

REmake was a lot more in your face about it though.
In the original, it was a lot more subtle. With Jill, the story would dynamically alter itself depending on what rooms you explored first as Barry would be doing his own thing in the background.
With Chris, it really just depended on how you treated Rebecca.

Mr_Zombie

In the original, it was a lot more subtle. With Jill, the story would dynamically alter itself depending on what rooms you explored first as Barry would be doing his own thing in the background.

Not only that. One of the major decisions that affected Barry's fate was whether or not you waited for him to return with another rope (after he clumsily dropped the first one). Getting another rope could take him a minute or two and while he was gone you were free to explore the small room you were "locked" in; and the only thing to do in that room was to press a button and proceed to the next room.

So yeah, that thing was very subtle and one could easily screw it up.

myco666

REmake was a lot more in your face about it though.
With Chris, it really just depended on how you treated Rebecca.

Wow I guess I need to try the original someday.

Well, I've held out on this long enough.

I'm thinking of buying Chapter 1 tonight to see if I like it.
Seems many around here have been enjoying the game, yes? :}

General consensus seems to be that it is great game. IMO the game started strong but went bad halfway through episode 3. Recommend to check it out though due it being cheap and since most seem to like it.

for anyone who unlocked Omega Code Red in Raid, did you unlock it by getting all medallions from each Code Red mission or did you not bother with the Completionist Medallions?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Just picked this up, should I play the bonus episodes after the main campaign?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
for anyone who unlocked Omega Code Red in Raid, did you unlock it by getting all medallions from each Code Red mission or did you not bother with the Completionist Medallions?

I don't know if they would have unlocked otherwise, but CR opened up when I completed the Omega Gauntlet and beat
Alex
. I've gotten all completion medals with my Wesker so far except for the Code Red ones. I'm working my way through them now. If anyone wants a coop partner for Code Red on the PC version feel free to send me a FR on Steam. ID = Isamu99.

IMO the game got worse after starting 3 Episode with Barry. I hate everything from there to certain location from episode 4 with Barry. After that it somewhat regains itself from the gutter and the true final boss was actually really fun.

I actually just finished Barry 3 and thought it was one of the best, if not THE best chapter so far. Claire 3 was great up until the
Sewer
. The boss fight was pretty meh as well.

Gren

I don't know if they would have unlocked otherwise, but CR opened up when I completed the Omega Gauntlet and beat
Alex
. I've gotten all completion medals with my Wesker so far except for the Code Red ones. I'm working my way through them now. If anyone wants a coop partner for Code Red on the PC version feel free to send me a FR on Steam. ID = Isamu99.

Question: Are you all decked out with OP weapons? Because I've yet to finish Code Red too, but I'd also rather not be a burden to anyone & have to be carried.

Just humming along w/ a Muramasa & Anaconda, no fancy Full Burst/instant death builds.

Also, no headset here if that matters :(

myco666

Wow, Claire 4 was absolute and utter garbage.

Sure was. Atleast it was short. Barry 4 is worse though until halfway.

I actually just finished Barry 3 and thought it was one of the best, if not THE best chapter so far. Claire 3 was great up until the
Sewer
. The boss fight was pretty meh as well.

That chapter introduced the second worst enemy in the game and that box section really annoys me to no end since it is just padding the game lenght just because lol. Also the invisible enemies make me want to quit the game everytime because how bad they are.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Game just updated, it adds new costumes for a few characters in Raid Mode:

-Cypher got a costume to look like Lottie (the teddy bear)
-Pedro got a costume to look like Mutant Pedro
-Gina got a costume to look like Rachel from the first Revelations
-This I haven't seen yet, but apparently HUNK got a costume to look like Lady HUNK.

CD799B70C1FB5E73B7CB7095E00F93837D92487F

Gren

-This I haven't seen yet, but apparently HUNK got a costume to look like Lady HUNK.

Awesome, even better than getting Bloodied Gina for free. Now Rev 2 is almost superior to the first in every way for me.

Well, maybe if they could re-skin Gabe to be Raymond & Barry to be Parker.

joe2187

Banned

Is this coming to console?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711909623595376357/CD799B70C1FB5E73B7CB7095E00F93837D92487F/[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like Lady Hunk is actually for Gina.

WHATTTT MY WAIFU IS RETURNING?!?

plz have Rachael's voice <3

Edit: Ah, they both have Gina's voice, which I hate. :/ Lady Hunk has some effects on her voice, wonder why they didn't put her on Hunk's slot though.

Anyway, doesn't matter, this update is still amazing - now bring back Jessica and Revelations!Chris and I can die happy.

Edit 2:

AHHHHH noooo Lottie has her creep-ass quotes and laugh as her gestures D:

Um... all these costume efforts yet no costumes for Jill, Chris or Leon? I don't get it. Why couldn't Rachael have been her own character? With original voice and melee, then they could've put Lady Hunk as her alt costume considering they had the same voice in RER1 and even in that game they had different melee. Meh, whatever they're free. This game could've been something really good. Too bad they fucked it up.

Uploaded some clips of each new character costume:

Lady Hunk

Rachael

Mutant Pedro

Lottie

There is nothing more terrifying than seeing your coop partner playing as Lottie sprinting towards you.

I had a partner who was Lottie who was spamming creepy taunts as I entered the room. After we finished the first level she taunted then sprinted towards me and slashed away at me with the katana. :'{ She's worse than any of the enemies in raid mode!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The bear is hilariously large.

I think it would've been funny if it was small... but either way, pretty amusing.

Top Bottom