• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

Bizzyb

Banned
How About No said:
HOLY FUCK Daddy Ashford!
Irons! Annette!

And...Chriiiisss! ^___^

That does it, I'm buying a Wii.

While you are at it pick up Umbrella Chroicles and RE4.

Man I can't wait to see what other new chapters they have for Darkside Chronicles

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
AniHawk said:
There are so many better games on the system but this one does it?
If I was to ever buy a Wii, this game and Umbrella Chronicles would be the two games that would push me to purchase the system. Also now that I found out there is a mobile monitor for the Wii with built in sensor bar, that just makes complicates things.

Sipowicz

Banned
AniHawk said:

dude you're a big advocate of dead space extraction and that sounds like the exact same thing except dead space isn't nowhere near as popular

i can definately see how a code veronica fan might be interested in the game. that game was awesome

AniHawk

Sipowicz said:
dude you're a big advocate of dead space extraction and that sounds like the exact same thing except dead space isn't nowhere near as popular

i can definately see how a code veronica fan might be interested in the game. that game was awesome

Dead Space Extraction allows you to control the camera, but it doesn't allow you to move forward until everything is dead or you completed the puzzle given to you.

In Darkside Chronicles, you may be faced with a ton of enemies, but then the camera will whip around to the left while zombies keep coming at you from your right. You'll kill the zombies on the left and when the camera whips back, they're almost there and you have to kill them quickly.

In Dead Space Extraction, the enemies all surround you, but it's up to you to decide when to turn the camera to the left or right. It adds to the tension because it's not like you're really "safe" as long as you kill the guys in front of you.

I wouldn't buy a Wii for DS:E, but it's better than stuff like Darkside Chronicles.

EDIT: Huh. Apparently the developers changed the controls since E3. According to a recent IGN preview:

The developers have also changed the controls a bit: when you wander into an area where you can manually move the camera, you now adjust the camera using the Wii Remote pointer on the outer edges of the screen. This used to be attached to the analog stick, but the developers needed the stick for other tasks so adjustments were made to the controls.

I was trying to find other sources to back me up, but the analog stick was suddenly weapon select BUT IT WASN'T AT E3.

MWCShay

AniHawk said:
Dead Space Extraction allows you to control the camera, but it doesn't allow you to move forward until everything is dead or you completed the puzzle given to you.

In Darkside Chronicles, you may be faced with a ton of enemies, but then the camera will whip around to the left while zombies keep coming at you from your right. You'll kill the zombies on the left and when the camera whips back, they're almost there and you have to kill them quickly.

In Dead Space Extraction, the enemies all surround you, but it's up to you to decide when to turn the camera to the left or right. It adds to the tension because it's not like you're really "safe" as long as you kill the guys in front of you.

I wouldn't buy a Wii for DS:E, but it's better than stuff like Darkside Chronicles.

Hmmm this description sounds kind of awesome. I wasn't aware you would have any kind of control in DeadSpace Extraction. Maybe I was to hasty in judging it and should give it a second look.

Christopher

I like the continuity that they have of chris from the remake so Capcom seems to have deciede that was the look for Chris I wonder why such a huge difference from REmake to his RE5 counterpart.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
11hrxnl.jpg

cvxfreak

I was watching cutscenes from Umbrella Chronicles today, trying to see just how big Cavia jumped from UC to DSC.

I didn't realize that we can see Ada/Sergei's helicopter in the reflection of the window of Jill's chopper as the missile(s) fly into Raccoon City. That's a neat touch, considering that there are at least 4 helicopters in the sky at that point, if we count the Outbreak games.

cvxfreak said:
I was watching cutscenes from Umbrella Chronicles today, trying to see just how big Cavia jumped from UC to DSC.
Note, however, that the DC FMVs are developed by Shirogumi, Inc. while there are no exact credits for the UC cutscenes (so probably cavia for those).

Amalthea

Banned
cvxfreak said:

I didn't realize that we can see Ada/Sergei's helicopter in the reflection of the window of Jill's chopper as the missile(s) fly into Raccoon City. That's a neat touch, considering that there are at least 4 helicopters in the sky at that point, if we count the Outbreak games.

The budget for UC was way smaller but you could already see how much Yasuhiro Seto cares for the series.

Prime Blue said:
IGN has the gamescom trailer up. It is entirely comprised of prerendered cutscene footage and focuses on both the 2 and C:V scenarios.

2a95g8x.png

With that one covered, I guess the next reveal is one of the new scenarios.
Glad that capcom's claire cg looks better then degenerations.

Diablohead said:
Glad that capcom's claire cg looks better then degenerations.
Yeah. The character designs in Degeneration were fucking terrible. They had this anime-esque sharpness to them, and not in the Advent Children kind of way.

Sipowicz

Banned
AniHawk said:

this probably isn't surprising but i still reckon it sounds proper shat

it sounds like you just clear out the middle of a room then spin the camera about for a bit until another enemy pops out and so on and so forth. if enemies attacked you off screen it would be cheap and annoying.

but then if you're playing two players who controls it?

besides which my problems with dead space extraction extend far deeper. i would never buy a cheapo arcade game spinoff of a hd game on any other system, especially if it was made by a shovelware company like eurocom and full priced. so i wont on wii.

with darkside chronicles at least i give a shit about the license and the graphics look mad. i wish they'd make the cursor invisible though like on house of the dead

AniHawk said:

Well I also wanted to get one for UC but I was glad I didn't =p

But now there's this, Shattered Memories, Cursed Mountain, a new Zelda eventually...but not now cuz I'll have school =(

Oh and who is this new chick? Can't be Sherry, we've been fooled like 3 times now :x

AniHawk

Sipowicz said:
this probably isn't surprising but i still reckon it sounds proper shat

it sounds like you just clear out the middle of a room then spin the camera about for a bit until another enemy pops out and so on and so forth. if enemies attacked you off screen it would be cheap and annoying.

That's not how it works. I think you want Extraction to be bad so you're making shit up so your preconceived notions of the game won't be wrong. You haven't even played it, man.

but then if you're playing two players who controls it?

Now that is a good question. I don't know. I think it's the first player. I don't know know if splitscreen is available.

besides which my problems with dead space extraction extend far deeper. i would never buy a cheapo arcade game spinoff of a hd game on any other system, especially if it was made by a shovelware company like eurocom and full priced. so i wont on wii.

Visceral is working with Eurocom on this one. Besides, it's not like cavia has the best track record either.

^Between this, Muramasa, Metroid, and LKS, I can say that my GPA will hit rock bottom. Capcom is really putting work into this game, and it is really showing.:D

Edit:

I forgot Cursed Mountain.:lol

mittelos

How About No said:
HOLY FUCK Daddy Ashford!
Irons! Annette!

And...Chriiiisss! ^___^

That does it, I'm buying a Wii.
This game pushed me off the fence. I've since bought UC and RE4. Can't wait for this game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
And yet I'll be super disappointed if I can't turn off the cursor.
Wonky frame-rate shouldn't be a problem since even Overkill managed to do it...

D-X

Prime Blue said:
The game that killed him has been released five months ago, on consoles that have been available for three to four years, respectively. You don't have any excuse for not playing it to the end other than being pretty damn lazy[/B][/URL]

Yeah but I opened a Darkside Chronicles thread NOT a RE5 thread - even the RE5 thread is spoiler tagged so I assumed the same courtesy would be afforded here!

I have a backlog of games right now stretching back over more than 5 months all I'm saying is be considerate and don't assume we all have the time to play these games immediately.

Top Bottom