• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter | OT | Complete Global Success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
*beware mobile users
dgf5ns629zl2.gif

a3NGRbX.png

Milla Let's Govovich as Alice
tumblr_m5it63vqfx1ryq65oo2_500.png

Ali Larter as Claire Redfield
lkwkTOX.png

Other people
Ruby Rose as Abigail
Iain Glen as Dr. Alexander Isaacs
William Levy as Christian
Shawn Roberts as Albert Wesker
Rola Rola as Cobalt
Eoin Macken as Doc
Joon-Gi Lee as Lee

LiyawGs.png

FKU2kDQ.png

gbhrfemupoxc.png

Resident Evil (2002)
gif1dssg2.gif
gif291ss9.gif
gif4zlslv.gif

gif5qxsim.gif
gif7cosam.gif
gif107ksdj.gif

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
gif10pauyx.gif
gif11ohsze.gif
gif13kzuea.gif

gif1585uy9.gif
gif16ypskj.gif
gif17sbs0j.gif

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
gif20ajubq.gif
gif21n0uc8.gif
gif22qpug4.gif

gif237sudp.gif
gif244cuya.gif
gif255buv3.gif

Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
gif30deums.gif
gif3147utg.gif
gif376lue4.gif

gif36pnuyb.gif
gif337tuki.gif
gif39vrudr.gif

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
gif41neus1.gif
gif42gmu6i.gif
gif43ynuuy.gif

gif4400uvo.gif
gif45wlufh.gif
gif47w9uu5.gif

1QWfjx7.png

Japan - 23 December 2016
France - 25 January 2017
South Korea - 25 January 2017
Australia - 26 January 2017
Brazil - 26 January 2017
Germany - 26 January 2017
Denmark - 26 January 2017
Malaysia - 26 January 2017
Netherlands - 26 January 2017
New Zealand - 26 January 2017
Portugal - 26 January 2017
Thailand - 26 January 2017
Canada - 27 January 2017
Norway - 27 January 2017
USA - 27 January 2017
Hong Kong - 2 February 2017
Singapore - 2 February 2017
Spain - 3 February 2017
United Kingdom - 3 February 2017
Ireland - 3 February 2017
Sweden - 3 February 2017
Belgium - 8 February 2017
Italy - 16 February 2017
Russia - 16 February 2017
China - 17 February 2017

hPH0YlK.png

IT WILL BE GLORIOUS

milla4neogaf9kz41gwu78.gif

*there are people who actually care about these movies (me) so please avoid untagged spoilers until its worldwide release, thank you!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Can't wait, looks fun.

Also, is Ruby Rose in fucking everything ?

edit: also hope that leaked script synopsis was real

I love these films and was hoping they wouldn't leave it off after the last one. Especially
since the last one ended in my bae Michelle Rodriguez getting murked
Looks like they have a bigger budget so hoping to see some nice action

Faustek

Haha, this one will be awful as well and I'll be sitting smack in the middle of the salon enjoying the Shit out of it XD

zeemumu

Might've missed some i guess? I'll check

Maybe not. The only one of those 4 that I've seen in trailers is Wesker. Maybe they've got bit roles and that's why they don't get posters?

I love these films and was hoping they wouldn't leave it off after the last one. Especially
since the last one ended in my bae Michelle Rodriguez getting murked
Looks like they have a bigger budget so hoping to see some nice action

What's
Rain's
series death count up to? 4, right?

Penguin

I see the gifs, and remember some scenes, but honestly 3 and 5 do not stand out to me at all.

Feel like need to rewatch em.

Run-M-Run

Another one?

Jesus that trailer looked bad.

The only good movie in the franchise was the first one. 2 had some redeeming elements but I don't understand how it kept going after it for so long.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Resident Evil: Extinction was the only good one. Well until the last 15 minutes when it loses its mind.

Sign me up for more trash.

SilentRob

Thanks for the OT, I'll be so free as to condense my impressions from another thread into one bigger post with a few new tidbits.

Every other Resident Evil movie is in a completely different league compared to this. This is unwatchable. Literally. The action scenes are shot in such a way (Taken 3 is calm and slow compared to this) that you can't see anything and my eyes started to water watching it in 3D. There is nothing left of the hilarious over the top fight scenes from the previous movies. No completely ridicolous slow-mo-scenes. No overly intricate fight scenes. Just a mess of cuts and frames and cuts and camera angles and brown and grey and oh god it's in 3D and I can't see anything and it actually hurts. Do I know these monsters? Are those from the previous movie? I', not sure since I can't see them since the footage is so choppy. Did someone just kick someone? I think so? Oh, he is dead now? Alright. Huh.

Having watched the previous movies actually made this one more confusing because it just absolutely DOES.NOT.CARE what happened or didn't happen. The beginning of this movie has absolutely no connection to how Retribution ended. It is absolutely insane. None of the side characters Alice was standing on top of the white house with are mentioned.
Her super powers are gone again. Wesker is now evil again. The Red Queen is now nice.
Remember that fun-as-shit cliffhanger the last movie ended with? Yeah. None of that has anything to do with this movie. There is no story here. There are no characters. No fun action scenes. No fun dialogues. Just a slow, unwatchable, grey-brown slog. It's infuriatingly boring if you ever were a fan of one of the previous movies and should never have been allowed into cinemas. I've seen direct to dvd c-movies better shot than this.

Again: I like the Resident Evil movies. This is so, so, so much worse. It's a dull, boring slog that has nothing of what made the previous movies entertaining.

I was honestly pissed after watching this movie. Because no one fucking cared. At all. It feels like a half-asses rip-off of the fans who actually allowed them to make 5 of these movies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm still not entirely sure if I have seen the entire series or not. I think I may have missed one, but can't tell from just reading the plot descriptions.

Thanks for the OT, I'll be so free as to condense my impressions from another thread into one bigger post with a few new tidbits.

Every other Resident Evil movie is in a completely different league compared to this. This is unwatchable. Literally. The action scenes are shot in such a way (Taken 3 is calm and slow compared to this) that you can't see anything and my eyes started to water watching it in 3D. There is nothing left of the hilarious over the top fight scenes from the previous movies. No completely ridicolous slow-mo-scenes. No overly intricate fight scenes. Just a mess of cuts and frames and cuts and camera angles and brown and grey and oh god it's in 3D and I can't see anything and it actually hurts. Do I know these monsters? Are those from the previous movie? I', not sure since I can't see them since the footage is so choppy. Did someone just kick someone? I think so? Oh, he is dead now? Alright. Huh.

Having watched the previous movies actually made this one more confusing because it just absolutely DOES.NOT.CARE what happened or didn't happen. The beginning of this movie has absolutely no connection to how Retribution ended. It is absolutely insane. None of the side characters Alice was standing on top of the white house with are mentioned.
Her super powers are gone again. Wesker is now evil again. The Red Queen is now nice.
Remember that fun-as-shit cliffhanger the last movie ended with? Yeah. None of that has anything to do with this movie. There is no story here. There are no characters. No fun action scenes. No fun dialogues. Just a slow, unwatchable, grey-brown slog. It's infuriatingly boring if you ever were a fan of one of the previous movies and should never have been allowed into cinemas. I've seen direct to dvd c-movies better shot than this.

Again: I like the Resident Evil movies. This is so, so, so much worse. It's a dull, boring slog that has nothing of what made the previous movies entertaining.

I was honestly pissed after watching this movie. Because no one fucking cared. At all. It feels like a half-asses rip-off of the fans who actually allowed them to make 5 of these movies.

Say it ain't so...

Its Resident Evil week so my wife and I wanted to watch all the movies. We didnt make it through Part 1.

AND i dont think RE7 is that great either. What ever will i do.

I would hardly consider any of the films in the series "good", but they've always been entertaining enough.
This one though... ooph. Whatever fans this series earned with prior installments will be livid after this one.

Rarely do I use the word "unwatchable" considering it's hyperbolic in general and being in the industry softens me and leaves me more sympathetic for trainwreck films where it's visible someone put effort in, but this dreck is unwatchable.

Not since Taken 3 and Alex Cross have I seen action filmed and cut so poorly. Not since Batman v. Superman have I seen editing so jumbled and confused. Worst of all, not since Robocop 3 have I seen a sequel that so actively attempts to alienate it's audience by subverting the reasonable expectations of a plot and tone that matches that of it's predecessor. The Resident Evil movies have always been B-Movie schlock with terrific action and terrible everything else, but The Final Chapter somehow manages to bastardize the action sequences which leaves you with nothing of quality and a pocket short of $14.

I suppose this post is fairly useless since series fans will catch the film regardless solely because a negative review has never showered on their parade before but believe me when I say that this is truly a trainwreck even by the series established low standards.
To put it gently, if this released last year, it would have rivaled Nine Lives for worst of the year.

If you absolutely need to see the film, wait for a home video release. Give your money to Patriot's Day. Give your money to Split. Fuck it, set your wallet on fire and dance on the ashes and embers.
Just please don't pay more than a $3 rental for this.

Anung

Un Rama
Love the OT. Ruby Rose is in everything and I barely know who she is.

I hope this is borderline experimental.

Nice job on the OP. Really looking forward to this. Decided to watch through the series again to get ready for seeing it this weekend. Just finished Apocalypse. My opinion on that one really changes every time I see it. I really enjoyed it, this time out. The pulpy, aggressively B-Movie tone really worked for me. It's a real change from the first one, but definitely a harbinger of the direction the series would take.

January has been a good month for movies. I mean, the Hellmouth might have opened and unleashed an orange monster hellbent on destroying the earth, but at least we had a new Underworld movie, new xXx, Split, Sleepless and the final Resident Evil entry.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lol, they got Ruby Rose in for this one? Wonder if she's any named character in-universe, or just one of the Umbrella Goons.

My buddy and I have seen every one of these together though, so we're in for the final haul.

Replicant

Is that Zachary Levy's younger brother or something? He kind of looks similar.....

EDIT: Eh, he's not. But whatever, I approve:

WilliamLevycumple_William-Levy-alberca-eed56ee4-4347-1030-91f2-0019b9d5c8df.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I thought i was in the gaming section for a second, then i looked at the section and thought thia thread was about the current state of America.

Forgot all about the movie.

Retribution is the only good movie of the franchise. Afterlife is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

If The Final Chapter is worse than Afterlife, I dare not imagine how I'll get through it.

Based on the gifs in the OP, I think I have watched the first three movies, but have little memory of the majority what happens in tem (but i distinctly remember the giffed scenes). I will probably buy whatever compilation box set that gets released later this year and binge the whole series at that point. I won't feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom